Home

3 things that will make you NOT buy this game next year?

This is a discussion on 3 things that will make you NOT buy this game next year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2009, 04:47 PM   #33
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 3 things that will make you NOT buy this game next year?

I agree with most of what has already been said..but I would just really like to see FCS teams..or at least some hope that it's gunna be soon.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:33 PM   #34
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
I personally think CAS is a far greater addition to the game than FCS. CAS is an entire mode within itself. FCS simply adds more teams to a game that already has 120+ including the fake FCS teams.

Whether or not we actually get the gameplay changes that we need is irrelevant to us asking for them. Eventually our voices will be heard on this just like some of the Madden fanbase are getting their voices heard about what they want out of the game.

When you just think of all of the stadiums and uniforms that are already incorrect in the game, I don't see how people think adding a slew of new FCS teams is going to be a "simple" task. I'm sure OMT can give some kind of estimate of the time behind such a task.
I agree, I've always been CAS first, that's why I said in that inital post a nice compromise would be an elaborate CAS system that let people create whatever school they wanted. People are still asking for alt uniforms for FBS, so asking for 100+ new teams might be a stretch.

EA added a ton of mascot names to the old gen create a school that weren't associated with any of the teams in the game (Toros, Seawolves, Thunderbirds, Coyotes, etc) so if they did the same now it wouldn't be an issue to create an FCS school and have the announcer mention the mascot.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:36 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
I'd personally be irate if EA decided to waste their dev cycles on FCS teams instead of fixing the other 5,000 major issues with this game.

Just answer this: Given the same exact gameplay with some bugs fixed and FCS teams, would you really be happy with NCAA 2010?
IN A SECOND!!!!! Overall I still really enjoy 09 but I need to have the last gen features returned. If EA doesn't return FCS for 2010 then when? I'm sure another XBOX will be in the market by 2011-2012... what excuse we they use then and the bigger question what excuses will WE gamers allow them to use and get away with? ACCOUNTABILITY!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2009, 10:41 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
I'd personally be irate if EA decided to waste their dev cycles on FCS teams instead of fixing the other 5,000 major issues with this game.

Just answer this: Given the same exact gameplay with some bugs fixed and FCS teams, would you really be happy with NCAA 2010?
To answer your question, NO! NCAA is getting too stale and I am starting to lose interest. There are too many good sports games on the market for the next gen consoles for me to waste my time and money every year. If '10 isn't a significant improvement, I will stay with '09...or convert back to my X-Box.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:01 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 13

It's very disappointing that we have to choose which PS2 feature we want ported to next-gen.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:45 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftball11
To answer your question, NO! NCAA is getting too stale and I am starting to lose interest. There are too many good sports games on the market for the next gen consoles for me to waste my time and money every year. If '10 isn't a significant improvement, I will stay with '09...or convert back to my X-Box.
To illustrate my point, my 11 year old son got so bored with this game, he went back to playing '06 on X-Box. My son hasn't played '09 in 4 months, but plays '06 at least 4 times a week. This game is just boring. The in-game presentation puts you to sleep, the in-game animations get old quick, the gameplay and dynasty mode make no sense. It is time for EA to step up to the plate and deliver a true "next gen" game.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:17 AM   #39
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11

So, I was psyched to go to Gamestop tomorrow and pick up a used copy of 09. I've been playing 08, but I can't pass to save my life, and the game just isn't that fun.

But after reading this thread, I'm wondering if I shouldn't go back to last gen and hope for the best in July.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:53 AM   #40
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Gameplay, gameplay, gameplay. It's horrible on nearly every level.

You can go back and say NCAA '02 on PS2 had better core gameplay. '06-'09 on PS2 is a no brainer, the gameplay is miles and miles ahead of the next-gen version.

Outside of gameplay:

1. Sliders are still screwed up (QBA affecting how far you can throw the ball, etc)
2. Attrocious running animations (guys look like they have cramps or are having a seizure while running)
3. God-awful sideline detection

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »