Home

3 things that will make you NOT buy this game next year?

This is a discussion on 3 things that will make you NOT buy this game next year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2009, 06:21 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: 3 things that will make you NOT buy this game next year?

1) No OL/DL and WR/DB Work. This includes everything from a pocket so there are no easy scrambles to the sideline to, suction blocking, stupid uber pancaking defenders, stupid Olinemen just standing around not knowing what to do, OLinemen cheating to blocking overload blitzes, Rocket catching and out of place CB's.

2) If the ratings did not receive major look and every team is the same just different uniforms forget it. If dudes are still able to just take off running with the QB on the snap and not lose accuracy and strength on passes down the field, I'm a no go.

3) Playbook content and flexibility - more diversity, editors, and audibling (why can't I change which plays I want in the R Stick audibles?)

4) Lastly, for online, if everyone is forced to play the same style of defense just to account for stuff you can count me out.

I'm playing the game in the store this year, I'll be able to tell this stuff right off the bat. I'm not even renting it, I'm playing it at EBgames/gamestop since I know the managers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2009, 06:26 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 12

Honestly... I love college football more then I love pro football... but there is almost nothing that anybody can say that will get me to buy NCAA '10 this year. I might rent it like I did for '09 but even that I'm thinking about. Madden was incredibly mediocre, almost below that for this years version and NCAA was much worse. '09 was really bad and the future is not looking up at all like it is for Madden.

I have all but given up on the series under EA Tiburon to be honest.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:37 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 12

Dear EA,

This game will definitely be a rental for me. Regain the gamers' trust. Do not ship a broken product. By the time games are patched, I'm already sick of the game and all of the tweaking needed to make the game marginally enjoyable.

Get the basics right. Football fundamentals. Blocking/O-line/D-line interaction. If a team has a stud DE make me keep a TE to his side or keep a RB in to chip. Enough of the 70 rated offensive tackles completely neutralizing the 90 rated DE. Friggin pursuit angles on D. Year after year we get the same lock and trail b.s. Overthrows, passes in the dirt, not everything is a perfect strike or an interception.

Stop with all of the slight of hand , new catchy feature crap. Return to a gameplay first philosophy. Your audience is built in. Stop trying to wow us with a bunch of fluff. Get it right.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:58 AM   #44
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
I'd personally be irate if EA decided to waste their dev cycles on FCS teams instead of fixing the other 5,000 major issues with this game.

Just answer this: Given the same exact gameplay with some bugs fixed and FCS teams, would you really be happy with NCAA 2010?
I'm playing a SO SO game with teams I don't even care about. Atleast let me have something and use the team that I like...or just give FCS fans our own game.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:04 AM   #45
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

3 things that will make me not buy this game

1. No FCS team...I'm REALLY starting to get pissed about this one. I could probably overlook some problems if I could use MY team...I don't use CAS

2. No atmosphere or presentation...It's just SO boring.

3. If I find out that CPU QB's are unstoppable again. After the patch, things got a little better, but it's still ridiculous.

Honorable Mention:
Better OL/DL interaction...I just started playing NFL 2K5 again and see what everyone is talking about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2009, 12:14 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I would imagine that if I see "Wiiiide Open" gameplay anywhere on the box. Or anything about "breakaway speed" its a no go.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:26 PM   #47
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I would imagine that if I see "Wiiiide Open" gameplay anywhere on the box. Or anything about "breakaway speed" its a no go.
Hard to take "Wide Open Gameplay" seriously when the CPU never attempts a pass beyond 30 yards.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 14

Adaptive A.I.

Team play styles

Overall environment/Presentation

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »