Home

Ability to EDIT all players and positions~ NEEDED FOR 2010!

This is a discussion on Ability to EDIT all players and positions~ NEEDED FOR 2010! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2008, 08:52 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 37
Ability to EDIT all players and positions~ NEEDED FOR 2010!

Happy New Years Everyone!

Okay so I took the last month off on NCAA to play Madden and just last night I switched back to NCAA. NCAA is far superior (with the exception of the playcall screen and formation player subs). However, I am now really starting to see a glaring problem.

I'm now in season 7 of NCAA 09 (and yes no simming... I play every game). I was looking at the top 25 polls and I noticed two teams noticably absent... PENN STATE and GEORGIA. I looked at their records and this point in the season PENN is 2-6 and GEORGIA is 1-7. I then looked into their rosters and the recruiting bug had struck... BOTH TEAMS COMBINED HAVE 13 QB's!!!! Wow! Yes, lots of holes in other positions, especially offensive tackle. Both teams combined have three offensive tackes! Hence why theses teams are now struggling. Yes the recruiting needs to be fixed but there was something else...

Then it came to me: I should be able to adjust positions. So I went to edit the players. I can change name, number, physical attributes, etc. but I can't change positions. NCAA FOOTBALL 2010 needs to give the user the ability to EDIT player positions for ALL teams. This isn't cheating, it's a way to manage any recruiting bugs that pop up.

I'm not sure how much work this would be but is it feasible? Your thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2008, 09:39 PM   #2
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Ability to EDIT all players and positions~ NEEDED FOR 2010!

I am starting year 13 and Georgia has been horrible for 6-8 seasons... Never thought to check this... I will do so tonight...

Do you mean be able to edit players for CPU teams??

Old 01-01-2009, 12:10 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeezee12
I am starting year 13 and Georgia has been horrible for 6-8 seasons... Never thought to check this... I will do so tonight...

Do you mean be able to edit players for CPU teams??
Yes, exactly! By allowing the user to make changes to any team, cpu controlled or not we will have the ability to adjust outstanding issues that are missed by the A.I. I know it's possible because you could do it back on NFL 2K3. Whether or not NCAA could make this a reality is another Q altogether???
Old 01-01-2009, 12:37 AM   #4
MVP

Oh I have a new one for you....VIRGINIA TECH 3-6. They have no TE's and no FB's and one offensive tackle, but they have 11 Cornerbacks and six running backs!!! My premise here is that if the A.I. screws up I should be able to go into the CPU team and position change to "fix" these types of issues. Some of those CB's can be made into TE's, an RB can go to a FB, etc. This will bring some legitimacy back to these programs.

Next I will look at FLORIDA STATE... I haven't seen them in the top 25 since season one... P.S. I don't shed a lot of tears over the demise of this programme
Old 01-02-2009, 06:15 PM   #5
Rookie

Cianfrocco's Arena

OVR: 4

I've never really understood why this wasn't an option in the first place. If you could turn it off for online leagues, that would prevent any cheating issues. But for my own personal dynasty, does anyone really care if I decide to bump up the speed rating a bit for my QB? More customizing options is always better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2009, 06:59 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Reminds me of when i came to hawaii, it was only year 3 so it wasnt that bad. 3 olbs, 1 mlb (Graduating, too. Loved accepting that walk-on...). 10 WRs, 6 CBS

Ugh.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:28 PM   #7
Rookie

mdurd2817's Arena

OVR: 5

The CPU recruiting has been a problem for years in the series. This goes back to at least NCAA '05. It ruins dynasty mode.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:02 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cianfrocco
I've never really understood why this wasn't an option in the first place. If you could turn it off for online leagues, that would prevent any cheating issues. But for my own personal dynasty, does anyone really care if I decide to bump up the speed rating a bit for my QB? More customizing options is always better.
Exactly! My game my rules... let's get back to the customization aspect of NCAA FOOTBALL. I suspect that because of no editing and the recruiting the rest of my dynasty on 09 will go downhill as the cpu teams become terrible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »