Home

Big 12 Championship Game Question

This is a discussion on Big 12 Championship Game Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2009, 11:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Big 12 Championship Game Question

My buddy and I are in a online dynasty league and he is KState. He finished the Big 12 north (7-1) tied with Nebraska. Nebraska beat him head to head but somehow he is in the big 12 championship game over Nebraska. Doesn't it go by head to head if two teams are tied in the same division to see who represents the North in the Big 12 championship game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2009, 12:05 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 17
Re: Big 12 Championship Game Question

It should, haven't seen this situation in the game, but in real life head to head is the 1st tiebreaker.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:03 AM   #3
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

yeah head-to-head should of def mattered and the game should of know that... Lucky break for him. Ive seen some weird things happen to the Big12 in this game... A few seasons ago in my dynasty I had the Oklahoma/Texas/Texas Tech situation happen with these same teams... Texas got in but had a lower BCS rank than Oklahoma... So I dont think the game goes that far into it...

What was Nebraska's total record? What was your friends? I think the game goes off total record when it comes to ties in conference standings.... (Just an observation)

Old 01-02-2009, 04:54 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Intentions
It should, haven't seen this situation in the game, but in real life head to head is the 1st tiebreaker.
Gah! We just went through this in real life! Head-to-Head is NOT the first tiebreaker in real life in the Big 12.

Whoever is ranked higher in the BCS poll is the tiebreaker, which is why Oklahoma went to the Big XII title game instead of Texas. Is K-State ranked higher than Nebraska in the BCS poll in your online dynasty?
Old 01-02-2009, 11:46 AM   #5
Banned

bostonsportsrule's Arena

OVR: 5

From the site big12sports.com...

1. If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative
  2. If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.
    1. The records of the three teams will be compared against each other
    2. The records of the three teams will be compared within their division
    3. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of fi nish (4, 5 and 6)
    4. The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents;
    5. The highest ranked team in the fi rst Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative
    6. The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative
    7. The representative will be chosen by draw

Basically, the real-life situation went to the 5th tiebreaker. But in your case, if there were no other teams at 7-1 in the Big XII North, your game judged the situation incorrectly.

Last edited by bostonsportsrule; 01-02-2009 at 11:47 AM. Reason: wanted to add
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2009, 11:51 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by steebu
Gah! We just went through this in real life! Head-to-Head is NOT the first tiebreaker in real life in the Big 12.

Whoever is ranked higher in the BCS poll is the tiebreaker, which is why Oklahoma went to the Big XII title game instead of Texas. Is K-State ranked higher than Nebraska in the BCS poll in your online dynasty?
Wow that's all so incorrect I don't know where to start. I'm so tired of the head to head in the Oklahoma-Texas debate...it was THREE way tie. You can't just pretend Texas Tech doesn't exist. If you want Texas in because they beat Oklahoma, you better put Texas Tech in because they beat Texas. (rolls eyes)
Old 01-02-2009, 12:33 PM   #7

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

I bet your friend was involved in a 3-way tie.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:44 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Not quite the same as what happened in real life this year. That was 3 teams in the same division. This is him (KState) and Nebraska in the Big 12 North and Oklahoma in the South. Nebraska was ahead in the BCS standings and they had equal records. Therefore I have no idea. They were all 1-1 against each other too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »