Home

how many playbooks do you use?

This is a discussion on how many playbooks do you use? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2009, 05:10 AM   #1
Rookie

jaywri34's Arena

OVR: 2
how many playbooks do you use?

?

I normally just use whatever team that I play with. I was wondering do you guys normally just stick to one or two playbooks and master them. or do you just use whatever team that you have? which way do u think works best ? thanx for your input
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: how many playbooks do you use?

I use the same playbook no matter what team I am. Every time I start a new dynasty, I forget to go change my playbook, and I'm just thrown off the whole game, I have no idea where anything is, takes me much longer to find plays, etc
Old 01-02-2009, 11:46 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

i agree - usually i use the same playbook offensively (spread/rutgers). Defense i'm more selective, team speed can make me switch that up real quick.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:15 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 31

I actually quit playing the game because I couldn't find a playbook that I wanted. Which is a pretty important thing if you are playing a football game.

Hopefully next year we get custom playbooks!!!!
Old 01-02-2009, 02:24 PM   #5
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

I used to stick to only using Tennessee or Utah State but given how simplistic these playbooks are and the lack of play diversity, I began using only the team's playbook I'm playing as and it's refreshing to call new plays every now and then that you haven't really had a chance to use many times.

I actually had never used Florida's playbook until last month and it was probably the most impressive I've seen in the game. Some cheese kinds of plays since the CPU defense isn't equipped to defend the Gator Heavy formation, but a nice diversity compared to some of the other boring playbooks.

Last week I started using Ask Corso and even though it takes getting used to, it's become pretty fun having a "coordinator" call the plays for me and giving me less to choose from. The money play no longer exists and you have to be able to execute at least 50% of your playbook on offense to succeed.

As for defense, I'm personally a 3-4 guy. It's a shame how bad EA crippled CPU controlled linebackers on user teams in this game, but given some great players the scheme works fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2009, 06:28 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Defense I stick to multiple D because I usually use 3-4 but...damn. Offense I just use whatever school im using's playbook, but ill use Indiana for Kansas or West Virginia every once in a while because the Wildcat formation can be fun every once in a while.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:49 PM   #7
Rookie

dex26-'s Arena

OVR: 4

I've been looking for a playbook with these formations - Full house, flex and wish bone, split backs, I formation and maybe a couple shotgun formations. Anyone know if there is a playbook with this?

Closest i've had to settle with is Navy's playbook. Anyone know of a better playbook with those formations? Besides the balanced one.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:55 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 37

Balanced Offense (not a team specific playbook)
* uses the TE frequently
* uses a lot of HB/FB sets
* includes a flexbone
* has a lot of good passing plays

4-3 defense... no reason other than I have never used anything else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »