Home

Looking to Buy. Is this game really that bad?

This is a discussion on Looking to Buy. Is this game really that bad? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2009, 06:52 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Looking to Buy. Is this game really that bad?

Im looking to buy a football game for the PS3. Im not sure if I should buy Madden 09 or NCAA 09. Im only going to play the offline Dynasty mode in either game. Which do you think I should go for? I was leaning towards Madden because I had Madden 07 for the PS2 and loved it! Is Madden really that bad this year? I mean, can I get a good realistic(gameplay, stats) dynasty going with either game? Please give me unbiased opinions with explanation or tips if you could. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2009, 07:39 PM   #2
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Looking to Buy. Is this game really that bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillzlikewhoa12
Im looking to buy a football game for the PS3. Im not sure if I should buy Madden 09 or NCAA 09. Im only going to play the offline Dynasty mode in either game. Which do you think I should go for? I was leaning towards Madden because I had Madden 07 for the PS2 and loved it! Is Madden really that bad this year? I mean, can I get a good realistic(gameplay, stats) dynasty going with either game? Please give me unbiased opinions with explanation or tips if you could. Thanks.
Offline dynasty/franchise modes are not done very well in either NCAA or Madden this year, but NCAA is a far better one than Madden in my opinion. If you're not a stick skill guy, NFL Head Coach has the best franchise mode of any football game right now.

I wouldn't spend $50-60 on NCAA 09 at this point, but if you can find a good deal on a used copy then go for it. You should be able to enjoy the game for a couple of months before the flaws become unbearable and by that time we'll be preparing for NCAA 2010 anyways.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:56 PM   #3
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

i recently got the game back..i started a Online Dynasty with a few friends and im addicted.. we literally finished a season in 2 days and are on the verge of finishing another one.
MLB: New York Yankees
Old 01-02-2009, 08:26 PM   #4
Rookie

dex26-'s Arena

OVR: 4

Go to gamestop and get it used for like 30 bucks. This game is very much worth the 50 i paid at bestbuy for it for the ps3. Playing online is gay because everyone just back drops 20 yards and waits for routes to open or just runs with a fast QB every play. But if you get some people or friends together for online dynasty that is where all the fun is.

Online dynasty is the best thing they have ever done. Madden sucks compared to this.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:46 PM   #5
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

i got it at Radioshack for 19.99 clearance both this and Madden was there..so you might want to check radioshack out see if they have any left..
MLB: New York Yankees
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Buying now is a good idea 9.99$, for a used copy at a local store here ton of copies. I' am sure u can find a similar deal.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:12 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 6

I love it, other than nhl its the only game i play
Old 01-03-2009, 05:38 PM   #8
Rookie

TheCapstone32's Arena

OVR: 3

I mean sure it has some problems (NCAA) but I have played the hell out of it this year! Last year's madden was poor enough for me to not get it again this year, I have bought Madden since 2000 and NCAA since 2002 and NCAA is definitely my favorite of the two. The roster turnover and recruiting makes it more fun to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »