Home

Deeper Dynasty Mode

This is a discussion on Deeper Dynasty Mode within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2009, 08:44 AM   #17
Banned
 
bigjake62505's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Mar 2008
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Deeper Dynasty Mode

The biggest part of the game for me is the Dynasty mode. I really like the idea of a RPG conversation mode between the coach and the recruit. Add a offensive and defensive coordnators, and coaching hirings/firings for all the teams not just the human controled team. Any team that has bad season after bad season is going to be looking for a coach. Uniform editior would be great, nothing that totally changes the uniform but gives you the ability to choose the color scheme based on the schools colors. I know there are many who think that this would not be allowed but I do not get why, if you are restricted to the colors that the school already uses. I not talking about changing brands or effecting any of the 10 million contracts, agreements, and other crap that is out there. Also for the schools that have traditional uniforms just make it so you can't change anything (Texas, Alabama,ect.)
Make the games mean something, add some celebration cut scenes for bowl games, rival games, upsets. The rivialry games need more intense atmosphere. I hear talk about a stadium editor, which I think would be great to add a level or a corner to a MAC or C-USA stadium after a couple years of bowl game wins. Also conference championships, bowl games, national championships banners/text that could be added to the stadium that is visable during game play. This would add some incentive to playing multiple seasons and a feeling of being in the game. Since the inception of on-line play there is no customization any more, I could be wrong but I think any user based created files cause problems when trying to take it on-line. Just make these options avaliable for off line play only. I know most of the ideas I have put here are just a pipe dream but they would add so much to the dynasty mode.
bigjake62505 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:25 PM   #18
Pro
 
Squeezee12's Arena
 
OVR: 14
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: Deeper Dynasty Mode

My big thing (besides game play and A.I) is customization..... I would love to take a small school and turn them into a powerhouse and have a stadium get bigger as time goes on. Also being able to edit uniforms would be great. I know its kinda a gray area since no one really knows if the NCAA would allow it but like bigjake says if we're not touching the colors and only the design of the uniform I do not see a reason to why we cant have it. Some uniforms get old and especially if a team doesnt have alternates....
C-A-S... If nothing go changed for next years game but C-A-S came back and better than ever it would justify "my" $60... Dont get me wrong I would still be very upset that nothing changed but on last-gen I used to spend hours I mean hours creating schools. I have been wanting this feature back since I went to next-gen on NCAA 07. And get disappointed every year when I pick up the game and its not there. I dont want the last-gen version of C-A-S either. I want a more indepth version of it. Someone said something about being able to download logos... (something like what EA did with Nascar this year) I think that would be awesome!!! That was a great idea (I wish I could remember what blogger mentioned that)
On top of all of that I would also like to see ALL of the FCS teams to come back....

Again I agree with every single one of your guys ideas... Keep it up guys. Maybe at some point EA will give us some of our wishes...
__________________

Squeezee12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:17 AM   #19
MVP
 
OVR: 37
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CANADA
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Deeper Dynasty Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
The biggest part of the game for me is the Dynasty mode. I really like the idea of a RPG conversation mode between the coach and the recruit. Add a offensive and defensive coordnators, and coaching hirings/firings for all the teams not just the human controled team. Any team that has bad season after bad season is going to be looking for a coach. Uniform editior would be great, nothing that totally changes the uniform but gives you the ability to choose the color scheme based on the schools colors. I know there are many who think that this would not be allowed but I do not get why, if you are restricted to the colors that the school already uses. I not talking about changing brands or effecting any of the 10 million contracts, agreements, and other crap that is out there. Also for the schools that have traditional uniforms just make it so you can't change anything (Texas, Alabama,ect.)
Make the games mean something, add some celebration cut scenes for bowl games, rival games, upsets. The rivialry games need more intense atmosphere. I hear talk about a stadium editor, which I think would be great to add a level or a corner to a MAC or C-USA stadium after a couple years of bowl game wins. Also conference championships, bowl games, national championships banners/text that could be added to the stadium that is visable during game play. This would add some incentive to playing multiple seasons and a feeling of being in the game. Since the inception of on-line play there is no customization any more, I could be wrong but I think any user based created files cause problems when trying to take it on-line. Just make these options avaliable for off line play only. I know most of the ideas I have put here are just a pipe dream but they would add so much to the dynasty mode.
Exactly! EA needs to remember those of us dynasty players who live and die by this mode. I need to see the real college gameday feel, atmosphere, and presentation brought back to the series.
__________________
Roar you Lions roar!
JAYMO76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:19 AM   #20
MVP
 
OVR: 37
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CANADA
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Deeper Dynasty Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeezee12
My big thing (besides game play and A.I) is customization..... I would love to take a small school and turn them into a powerhouse and have a stadium get bigger as time goes on. Also being able to edit uniforms would be great. I know its kinda a gray area since no one really knows if the NCAA would allow it but like bigjake says if we're not touching the colors and only the design of the uniform I do not see a reason to why we cant have it. Some uniforms get old and especially if a team doesnt have alternates....
C-A-S... If nothing go changed for next years game but C-A-S came back and better than ever it would justify "my" $60... Dont get me wrong I would still be very upset that nothing changed but on last-gen I used to spend hours I mean hours creating schools. I have been wanting this feature back since I went to next-gen on NCAA 07. And get disappointed every year when I pick up the game and its not there. I dont want the last-gen version of C-A-S either. I want a more indepth version of it. Someone said something about being able to download logos... (something like what EA did with Nascar this year) I think that would be awesome!!! That was a great idea (I wish I could remember what blogger mentioned that)
On top of all of that I would also like to see ALL of the FCS teams to come back....

Again I agree with every single one of your guys ideas... Keep it up guys. Maybe at some point EA will give us some of our wishes...
CAS with downloadable content for FCS schools... yeah I can live with that (even though I want FCS schools and the playoff format option). HOWEVER, IN NO WAY WILL I TOLERATE HAVING TO PAY FOR DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's time to "man-up" EA and get this series back to greatness.
__________________
Roar you Lions roar!
JAYMO76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:58 AM   #21
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Re: Deeper Dynasty Mode

Someone said earlier in the post about player suspensions etc., NCAA Football had them circa 2006 and were removed the NCAA saw them.

One thing that to me seemed to just give franchise more depth on some level to have a Heisman and BCS selection show. This made me an avid player of NFL 2k5 since it gave me a reason to continue my franchises.

Another thing is to give "coaching scenarios" similar to the player suspension (which can be turned off if wanted and affect team morale)

FEX: Team X is in the Orange Bowl: Will you

a) Give the team a curfew
b) Let them loose on the town
c) Allow them some free time to relax but focus on the game

These things could affect rivalry games, bowl games, and could affect players different. (Much like player morale in NBA 2K9)
Playmaker24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2009, 02:10 AM   #22
Pro
 
Squeezee12's Arena
 
OVR: 14
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: Deeper Dynasty Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
CAS with downloadable content for FCS schools... yeah I can live with that (even though I want FCS schools and the playoff format option). HOWEVER, IN NO WAY WILL I TOLERATE HAVING TO PAY FOR DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's time to "man-up" EA and get this series back to greatness.
I personally would like to have both C-A-S AND FCS. But if it was just C-A-S I could handle it and make some FCS powers....

Playoff format option would be nice... I have missed it since the last time they gave it to us... Shoot I been playing this series since Bill Walsh so I dont quite remember when that was...

As far as paying for downloadable content I dont agree with it either... But not sure if you got what I meant or maybe you did and went a different way with it... Either way Ill go more into what I gathered from another member on here... with the lastest Nascar game from EA, EA allowed players to get on the computer download a temptlate and design their own car on a photoshop like program and bring it into the video console world... Now I think it would be cool if EA allowed us to do the same with C-A-S uniforms... Give us serveral different uni temptlates from each brand... And it would give us total control of customizing our teams unis. Think of all the cool logos we could find on the net... And not have to use those ugly corny ones EA gives us.. Again I saw this idea from another member on here... Wish I could remember who it was from...
__________________

Squeezee12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:02 PM   #23
Banned
 
bigjake62505's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Mar 2008
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Deeper Dynasty Mode

The downloadable logos idea is great.
bigjake62505 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:21 PM.

Top -