Home

Deeper Dynasty Mode

This is a discussion on Deeper Dynasty Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2009, 05:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Deeper Dynasty Mode

Are we finally going to get a deeper dynasty mode?

I enjoy the dynasty mode now, recruiting is getting better every year, but what about other features?

Can we have the ability to add alternative uniforms?

Can we have funds or something to as we build a program we can edit our current stadium or buy a whole new altogether?

I use small schools, such as Akron, and when I turn them into a good program, playing in a 30.000 seat stadium gets stale.

(Although I did get them to 3rd hardest stadium to play in this year!)

Any chance we get these features?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2009, 12:33 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 15
Re: Deeper Dynasty Mode

Yea it would be cool to be able to get financing for new stadiums and facilities and stuff from the college if your team does well. A high-school all-star game would be sweet as well.

MLB: Detroit Tigers
NCAAFB: Michigan Wolverines
NFL: New York Giants/Detroit Lions
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA: Detroit Pistons
NCAABB: Oakland University Golden Grizzlies

Old 01-04-2009, 05:09 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'd like to have more customization, too, but when I think of a deeper dynasty mode I think of more in-depth recruiting, negotiating contracts with coordinators and position coaches whom actually influence your roster, more interaction with the media regarding games played and players, managing roster morale, suspending kids for actin' a fool, and the things the OP mentioned which would be mostly managed by an AD (athletic director).

Not to devalue your wish list, and not to insinuate that this is the extent of your wish list, but I'd be severely bummed-out if EA tried to sell the mere addition of alternative jerseys and stadium customization as a deeper dynasty mode. I need to be able to expand my stadium and go hire this really bad-*** young assistant as a defensive coordinator because he'll juice up the play recognition and tackling on my roster, make defensive position coaches more effective overall, and add a new exciting and dynamic defensive playbook that's loaded with exotic blitz packages and sophisticated coverage schemes. But a lot of other stuff needs to go down first in order for anything like this to happen.

And as an addendum, I love recruiting and would just love to see something akin to a really dynamic RPG conversation system incorporated into recruiting. It'd be a great way to display player personalities and add a lot of soul and character to a game where everyone's identity is mostly associated with their speed rating.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:58 AM   #4
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodizzy
I'd like to have more customization, too, but when I think of a deeper dynasty mode I think of more in-depth recruiting, negotiating contracts with coordinators and position coaches whom actually influence your roster, more interaction with the media regarding games played and players, managing roster morale, suspending kids for actin' a fool, and the things the OP mentioned which would be mostly managed by an AD (athletic director).

Not to devalue your wish list, and not to insinuate that this is the extent of your wish list, but I'd be severely bummed-out if EA tried to sell the mere addition of alternative jerseys and stadium customization as a deeper dynasty mode. I need to be able to expand my stadium and go hire this really bad-*** young assistant as a defensive coordinator because he'll juice up the play recognition and tackling on my roster, make defensive position coaches more effective overall, and add a new exciting and dynamic defensive playbook that's loaded with exotic blitz packages and sophisticated coverage schemes. But a lot of other stuff needs to go down first in order for anything like this to happen.

And as an addendum, I love recruiting and would just love to see something akin to a really dynamic RPG conversation system incorporated into recruiting. It'd be a great way to display player personalities and add a lot of soul and character to a game where everyone's identity is mostly associated with their speed rating.
Last paragraph is golden. Add to that something whose absence I never understood -- new player ratings based on current year's frosh ratings so classes are always realistic. And try not to name a brother from LA Phil Chang -- that would be a bonus...
Old 01-04-2009, 12:01 PM   #5
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimshoom
Yea it would be cool to be able to get financing for new stadiums and facilities and stuff from the college if your team does well. A high-school all-star game would be sweet as well.
A high school all-star game would be genious. if they have it in ncaa basketball they can easily have it in ncaa football. The thing is, they probably wouldnt spend the money to get the real ones like the army all american game or the under armour one. that would be expensive, and this is ea sports we are dealing with
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2009, 12:06 PM   #6
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccavs64
A high school all-star game would be genious. if they have it in ncaa basketball they can easily have it in ncaa football. The thing is, they probably wouldnt spend the money to get the real ones like the army all american game or the under armour one. that would be expensive, and this is ea sports we are dealing with
I'm pretty sure they would be the ones paying to get their name in a game for free advertising. EA should be milking all of the advertising revenue they can get out of their popular sports games.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:36 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 37

Stadium additions would be interesting. I also like the idea of a more interactive recruiting process. There is still so much missing from last gen which holds this game back.

Dynasty mode presentation fixes: (from LAST GEN)
1. Coaches on the sidelines
2. Players warming up on the field
3. Gatorade shower for coaches
4. End zone bowl art
5. Bowl game presentation

And ADD:
* UNIFORM EDITOR
* PLAYBOOK EDITOR
* COACH NEGOTIATION/CONTRACT (RPG)
* AWARDS CEREMONIES FOR ALL AWARDS
* SENIOR GAME
* SPRING GAME
* COACH CHOOSING IMPACT PLAYERS/TEAM CAPTAINS

This would make for an excellent entry into the NCAA series.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:05 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Stadium additions would be interesting. I also like the idea of a more interactive recruiting process. There is still so much missing from last gen which holds this game back.

Dynasty mode presentation fixes: (from LAST GEN)
1. Coaches on the sidelines
2. Players warming up on the field
3. Gatorade shower for coaches
4. End zone bowl art
5. Bowl game presentation

And ADD:
* UNIFORM EDITOR
* PLAYBOOK EDITOR
* COACH NEGOTIATION/CONTRACT (RPG)
* AWARDS CEREMONIES FOR ALL AWARDS
* SENIOR GAME
* SPRING GAME
* COACH CHOOSING IMPACT PLAYERS/TEAM CAPTAINS

This would make for an excellent entry into the NCAA series.
These additions and a tweak to the graphics and gameplay, and you'd have some pretty happy campers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »