Home

heisman sliders - subs - strategy

This is a discussion on heisman sliders - subs - strategy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2009, 01:20 AM   #1
neileritchey

OVR:
heisman sliders - subs - strategy

someone pleeeeeeeeease give a good answer for this, i have spent so much f-in time trying to figure it out. I use fist of rages current sliders that were recently updated and I love them...

I would love for you to respond fistofrage but anyone would help. I still have way too many human interceptions and I know that is a problem for everyone but I cannot grasp the philosophy FOR uses for putting human pick at 5, i leave it at 0...

also, i use 50 for HUM RB because I am HORRIBLE at running the ball

basically, i use the following (based on fistofrage)
heisman/8 min
off
50/55
0/100
20/0
50/70
30/100

def
50/100
50/100
0/0
0/100
50/50

spec.teams
0/0
0/0
50/50
0/50
65/65

problems....
I also use DT on defense because it makes the players move into the positions and cover the spots they should... games work out very well but if you shift the DL or LB at all they throw an interception a magnificent percent of the time...anyone have help with this?

running, I can't run worth a sh%$... maybe I am just bad or maybe it is because I use corsos 4 plays from play selection but I have wondered what yall do... do you use all of ask corso or the main 4....

passing isnt a problem and the int's i throw are totally my fault...
i still throw a lot but thats because Im a dumb ***

I go to UT so i play with texas and this is my main pet peave...
coach strategy/autosubs

how does coach strategy affect corso playcalling? any answers?

the computer does not rotate offense and defense NEARLY enough!!! i need help on this

!!!!!!!does user/autosubs lower (say 40) mean that you sub more or less... ive always assumed less but texas has coach setting subs on 45 offense and 45 defense and no matter how much i change it doesnt seem to make a differnce often but does drastically at times....

I use playmakers autosubs and in a previous post someone told me that cb and wr are rarely subbed.... thats completely false

i use the following but REALLY want to know better settings...
(from playmaker...(these suck but are the best ive tried)
qb - 75/90
rb - 85/100 (sucks with obagnaya and mcgee)
wr - 75/90
te 85/100
ol 70/90 (or something close)

dl 85/100
lb 80/90
cb/s 75/90

PLEEEASE GIVE ME A GOOD SET FOR THESE

penalties
ive use a mix of fist of rage and eaaggies that basically has 95 for everything and default on offense PI and K interference... quite honestly im a believer in the 0 penalty theory but it doesnt seem to work with the sliders I use so I'd love to hear feedback on that

any information that people provide is wonderful and I'll give feedback regularly so pleease help me with these questions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2009, 11:06 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: heisman sliders - subs - strategy

As far as the interceptions go, how many are you getting a game. I was getting about 1 every 3 games with Int at 0. I'm seeing some games with 0, some games with 2 or 3 now with it at 5. Getting really good games though.

Running, are you slide blocking?

Subs, put RBs at 95/100
Old 01-08-2009, 11:29 AM   #3
neileritchey

OVR:

I'll have to check my dynasty later but I'm averaging about 3 per game with these settings. Do you shift your Defensive line at all? I have found that using DT(which is great by the way) and doing his route (which really messes up the comp) mixed with occasional line shifting causes waaay too many int's. I have stopped shifting DL but still have an int problem. let me know about your DL shifting.
I think 50 user Def awareness is great because of fumbles so I don't think it should be changed... finally, one quick q for you about run, if i raised it to 90 (which i have tried and seems to work well) the comp run game gets crazy... is this because it also helps their run block?

I have read that slide blocking doesn't work for running but I will give that a try... 95/100 I use sometimes too and I guess that autosubs is something I will have to deal with having no formation subs...
how many rush yards do you average per game?

also, has anyone noticed the aggression sliders affect on the game and I wondered if anyone has good info on this. (sometimes I think def aggresion affects your offense aggression and vice versa)

Old 01-08-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Running, I was doing well, but I played horrible last night and lost 3 games. With Ringer out for 3 games with cracked ribs....I lost to Indiana and because of sacks had negative yards. ND ran for about 90 in a 24-17 loss to Purdue and Colorado's Scott had 65 yards on 18 carries at Florida State.

I usually get about 120 or so on the ground. With Georgia Tech, I usually crack 200, but I run the ball 40 or 50 times to do that.

I'm not seeing that many picks. I have had games where I get 3 and ND has 3 pick 6's through 4 games, but MSU has only 5 Int's and 1 Pick 6 through 5 games, GT has no pick 6's and 6 picks through 4 games and Colorado has 1 pick 6 and 6 picks through 4 games. Up the AI QBA Accuracy to 65 and see if you like that better. I wouldn't touch the human defense stuff. I shift my line around all the time.

Last edited by fistofrage; 01-08-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:02 PM   #5
neileritchey

OVR:

Yea I will try that. I really do love the human defense, you have done a great job. I'll practice running and that should help I just get annoyed by the fact I get 0 big run games minus the occasional option that goes for 20-30 yards. Have you ever checked out lowering penalty sliders? It really does affect gameplay and was curious if you have ever tried it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2009, 12:12 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by neileritchey
Yea I will try that. I really do love the human defense, you have done a great job. I'll practice running and that should help I just get annoyed by the fact I get 0 big run games minus the occasional option that goes for 20-30 yards. Have you ever checked out lowering penalty sliders? It really does affect gameplay and was curious if you have ever tried it.
I tried, but didn't really see a difference. I like how the game plays now. In fact I may be losing too much but the scores and stats are pretty good.

You got to remember that 14 runs over 20 yards led the nation in 2007. I haven't seen the real 2008 stats on that yet. In my MSU game vs EMU. I was winning 6-0 in the 4th quarter, they piched they crowded the line, I slid block to pinch the DE and ran off tackle 57 yards to the house. I break a decent amount of 15 to 20 yard runs right up the gut on I formations if they spread out the LB's. I should have 1,000 yard rushers on MSU if Ringer gets healthy, Colorado and GT. ND maybe have a 500 yard rusher, they just don't run block well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »