Home

Bowl Week 2 glitch

This is a discussion on Bowl Week 2 glitch within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2009, 10:58 PM   #1
Rookie

antdawg9's Arena

OVR: 3
Bowl Week 2 glitch

Has anyone elso had this problem. I was Duke and my bowl game fell on week 2. When looking at the bowl weeks it says Week 1, Week 3, Week 3, then the Championship game. I never really paid attention to it until my game fell on week two, and I could not play the game. When I click to play the game, It will show the first matchup of the third bowl week. Finally I went ahead and started the game to see what happens, and it was starting as if it was the correct game by showing the correct teams in the loading screen. But once I get to the coin toss, the game freezes. I repeated this about 3 times before I realized this was broken.

I'm surprised that I haven't seen this mentioned more. But it's very aggravating to have to simulate your bowl game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2009, 12:14 AM   #2
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Bowl Week 2 glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdawg9
Has anyone elso had this problem. I was Duke and my bowl game fell on week 2. When looking at the bowl weeks it says Week 1, Week 3, Week 3, then the Championship game. I never really paid attention to it until my game fell on week two, and I could not play the game. When I click to play the game, It will show the first matchup of the third bowl week. Finally I went ahead and started the game to see what happens, and it was starting as if it was the correct game by showing the correct teams in the loading screen. But once I get to the coin toss, the game freezes. I repeated this about 3 times before I realized this was broken.

I'm surprised that I haven't seen this mentioned more. But it's very aggravating to have to simulate your bowl game.
havent ran into that in 6yrs...this is a new one

Old 01-06-2009, 12:51 AM   #3
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

never had it not allow me to play a bowl game. in my 2011 season as Temple, the bowl weeks were labeled as "week 1", "Week 3", and the "Nat Champ". but I was able to play my bowl game that was in week 3.

none of my OD's had this happen either.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 01-06-2009, 01:29 AM   #4
Rookie

antdawg9's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
never had it not allow me to play a bowl game. in my 2011 season as Temple, the bowl weeks were labeled as "week 1", "Week 3", and the "Nat Champ". but I was able to play my bowl game that was in week 3.

none of my OD's had this happen either.
But that's the thing. I've played the actual week 3 bowl game on more than one occasion. But after about 11 seasons, this is the first time that my bowl game fell on week 2, which is also labeled week 3. So my problem is coming from the second week which is incorrectly labeled. Week 1, 3 and the championship game are no problem.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:26 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

Yep, I ran into that problem in Season 10 or 11 too. I was Duke, and had a user bowl game against Mississippi State in the first Bowl Week 3. But the 2nd one always came up on the screen. We couldn't play against eachother. I could play the CPU and it ended up working fine though.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »