Home

Hope EA saw that fantastic DEFENSE being played last night by both teams

This is a discussion on Hope EA saw that fantastic DEFENSE being played last night by both teams within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #1
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Hope EA saw that fantastic DEFENSE being played last night by both teams

Though my school lost last night.....

I saw "wide open" plays ONLY by guys who warrant a 95 or above in speed. And even Harvin who's one of the fastest players in country got caught from behind on a proper PURSUIT ANGLE.

I didn't see too many TE's last night who were burning DB's for 70 yd YAC TD's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2009, 02:27 PM   #2
Rookie

dex26-'s Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Hope EA saw that fantastic DEFENSE being played last night by both teams

Yeah its great to be a florida gator. I also hope they make major changes on defense, it is so far from the truth.

Also harvin was not healthy, he is much faster in person then what he was last night. If he was healthy, he would of had a touchdown from that pass just out of his reach and he would of burned everyone on the field on that long run, if he was healthy.

Florida was very injured going into that game, Harvin, Rainey, Murphy and both front lines had injuries. So much for the best offense ever?
Old 01-09-2009, 02:39 PM   #3
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex26-
Yeah its great to be a florida gator. I also hope they make major changes on defense, it is so far from the truth.

Also harvin was not healthy, he is much faster in person then what he was last night. If he was healthy, he would of had a touchdown from that pass just out of his reach and he would of burned everyone on the field on that long run, if he was healthy.

Florida was very injured going into that game, Harvin, Rainey, Murphy and both front lines had injuries. So much for the best offense ever?
Dude, don't start. We had injuries too. Our most explosive player wasn't even on the field last night. We left two TD's on the field just due to semi-bad playcalling in the 1st half. Nobody expected us to score alot of points.....but so much for you guys "blowing us" out as prdicted by EVERY 'expert'.

Take your thoughts to the college football forum.....
Old 01-09-2009, 02:54 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 38

im here to break up the e-fight

its good to be an argo
Old 01-09-2009, 04:17 PM   #5
Pro

blLLD0's Arena

OVR: 10

Everyone is a bit banged up after 4 months of football.

But yes both defenses were impressive. I think Florida did a better job of getting to Bradford on passing plays and stepped up big on that goal line stand.

So as to the topic lets hope we see some shut down corners, awesome defensive ends, and fast LBs in next years game. I think a nice balance would be appreciated from everyone who plays this series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2009, 05:19 PM   #6
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
im here to break up the e-fight

its good to be an argo
Looks like the argos may sign Pac Man Jones. :-) j/k
Old 01-09-2009, 05:40 PM   #7
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Dude, don't start. We had injuries too. Our most explosive player wasn't even on the field last night. We left two TD's on the field just due to semi-bad playcalling in the 1st half. Nobody expected us to score alot of points.....but so much for you guys "blowing us" out as prdicted by EVERY 'expert'.

Take your thoughts to the college football forum.....
Did you actually expect anything better? It's people like that who give Gator fans a bad name.

And yeah, GO ARGOS!!!!

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Old 01-09-2009, 10:31 PM   #8
Rookie

dex26-'s Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane
Did you actually expect anything better? It's people like that who give Gator fans a bad name.

And yeah, GO ARGOS!!!!

My post was more on the humor side but i guess someone took it personal but what ever. I don't remember anyone saying it would be a blowout game and the people that did said OU would win it because of their offense. Thats all i've heard anyways. I don't pay much attention to ESPN, never have and never will. More of a NFL network guy.

As far as i know, gator fans are some of the most respectful fans out there, so i'm not sure where you are getting that rep. OSU fans... thats a different story.

I happen to think it was a great game, i enjoyed it and it is exactly how i thought it would play out. Defense, defense and more defense. But i predicted around 27-17 florida. But Florida covered so i'm great.

No reason for OU fans to be depressed anyways, they have some great recruits coming in and still have some talent, although their best talent is leaving.

On topic, i too agree they need to make some severe changes to corners. You saw how Janoris Jenkins was lock down all season and how Eric Berry can handle a game all by him self. I hope they do a complete overhaul for DBs. Give them a jam rating or a bump and run rating. For the really physical DBs give them a chance to really knock the receiver down at the LOS, that would be hillarious or at least knock him off balace and he losses a few seconds.

I don't know how they are going to fix this crossing routes trash, sure its fun and games when you are offense but on defense its just too unrealistic. Try and make the game more on talent, smarts, skill and less on speed and well.. speed.

Thats all i have to say about that and nothing personal to the OU fan. Good season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »