Home

Atmosphere / presentation

This is a discussion on Atmosphere / presentation within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2009, 02:53 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Atmosphere / presentation

Hello:

I'm sorry if this is in another thread but I am highly considering getting ncaa and trading in madden. I just have a couple of questions to ask. The 1st one is what is the presentation like. How is the commentary vs madden? Can you tell a big difference between a bowl game and a regular season game? I'm just so sick of the lame atmosphere in madden I'm half tempted to pick up a copy of nfl 2k6. So just give me a little info on what the presentation is like.

thanks, jon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2009, 04:51 AM   #2
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Atmosphere / presentation

i have always felt commentary for ncaa is better than madden. (i havent played madden 09 tho...) it does get repetitive at times and im sure everyone on here could finish lees and kirks lines.. I catch myself doing it... haha.

other than knowing youre in a bowl game and seeing half of the stadium filled with fans wearing your teams colors and the other half wearing your oppositions colors and at the end of the game (if you win) it says ------ is ----- bowl champions and getting a trophy at the end a bowl game doesnt feel any different than a regular season game....

This could also be said about rivalry games as well....

but all in all i like ncaa better than madden... but i am kinda biased since i have always been more of a ncaa fan than a nfl fan... although if evey year in the nfl was as good and competitive as this years was it would be right up there with ncaa for me personally.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:26 AM   #3
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Atmosphere and presentation are both weak in NCAA as well. Crowd noise is the only thing that was done better in NCAA.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #4
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmchugh007
Hello:

I'm sorry if this is in another thread but I am highly considering getting ncaa and trading in madden. I just have a couple of questions to ask. The 1st one is what is the presentation like. How is the commentary vs madden? Can you tell a big difference between a bowl game and a regular season game? I'm just so sick of the lame atmosphere in madden I'm half tempted to pick up a copy of nfl 2k6. So just give me a little info on what the presentation is like.

thanks, jon
They made an NFL 2K6???

I did not bother with Madden this year, but NCAA's presentation is average. It seems though (based on what is going on at NCAA Strategies) that this is a area of priority for NCAA 2010. If you can wait to see what new additions there will be for 2010, you may want to wait before you trade in.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:28 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 17

Presentation is pretty stale IMO. You don't get in game stats, the menus are boring, no bands in the stands, no marching bands at halftime, no players running out of the tunnel before the game, no pregame show just goes straight to the coin flip, no halftime show at all, the few overlays they have are boring. They do show a montage of plays after the game but thats about it. I agree the crowd noise is good, although it needs work, but other than that it is pretty sad.

The commentary is pretty much the same as it has been the past few years. Boring.

Last edited by Bad_Intentions; 01-09-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #6
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Intentions
Presentation is pretty stale IMO. You don't get in game stats, the menus are boring, no bands in the stands, no marching bands at halftime, no players running out of the tunnel before the game, no pregame show just goes straight to the coin flip, no halftime show at all, the few overlays they have are boring. They do show a montage of plays after the game but thats about it. I agree the crowd noise is good, although it needs work, but other than that it is pretty sad.

The commentary is pretty much the same as it has been the past few years. Boring.
Pretty much sums everything up right here and that's why I'm likely going back to the PS2 version.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 01-09-2009, 08:45 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

Boring, stale, lacks any excitment - more of a PS1-style presentation, rather than "next gen".
Old 01-09-2009, 10:43 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 37

NCAA 2009 hand down. It's not great... in fact it's still quite a let down but I'm still playing it because I love college football. Atmosphere gets a C+ this year but I have always been an easy marker.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »