Home

Are there gonna be any new running animations in next years game??

This is a discussion on Are there gonna be any new running animations in next years game?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2009, 12:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Are there gonna be any new running animations in next years game??

I know im getting sick of seeing the two receivers on my team with the same style of running, and then different running backs having the same running motions! I want to see a variety of different running styles. It makes the game unrealistic to me anymore, and it doesn't give certain players there own style.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2009, 01:18 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: Are there gonna be any new running animations in next years game??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAC14J
I know im getting sick of seeing the two receivers on my team with the same style of running, and then different running backs having the same running motions! I want to see a variety of different running styles. It makes the game unrealistic to me anymore, and it doesn't give certain players there own style.
We don't know of course but to me this seems a more than reasonable request. They can just tie the running style to the player style to make it simple- ie speed, balanced and power. We are talking only 3 styles there. That would have to be reasonable.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:05 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

im hopin so dudes..... running animations and kicking animations suk in this game
Old 01-12-2009, 04:07 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 26

honestly they need to revamp the entire system.

they should bring in real players and have them hook up into the stuff that can record their moves. if they only got 10 backs to come in it would still be a vast improvement to what we see in current day madden. look at AD and how wild he runs(he wants that extra inch even if it means putting himself and the ball out in the open. another big thing that is not effective is one of the stables of running backs "the barry sanders juke". or how about reggie bush(college days) where he was making almost everyone miss with those insane spins/barry sanders jukes. eveyone knows in a foot race a defender with the angle will win most the time but most cases the running backs do soft jukes and fake out the defense to which direction he is going to go and breaks a big run.

i remember reading the producers said that they had X animation to happen in a given situation and they were going to try and make it so the same animation doesnt get repeated by adding a few more. thats just garbage. it makes the entire game so fake because we know after playing for so long that this result will occur by doing this move at this time.

how about running styles? i dont mean their moves but i mean how they run in general. santana moss(sp) runs like he is standing backwards and makes so many people miss because he can stop and move. deangelo williams(sp) runs like a pole in the ground. AD runs all out forward and just blasts into people and it helps him get those few extra yards. i could go on but three basic styles would be a start(on the heels or backwards ex=santana moss balanced ex=deangelo williams and forward ex=AD)

itd be real nice but i doubt they would even think about doing this, you could have a player with X style of running that has its merits and downfalls but you could train him to use a mix of another running style and or completely change his running style. itd be amazing to get a 180 pound scat back who is 6'2 and put 40-50 pounds on him(slowing him down but increasing str) but turning him into a power back.

sure it would tough but how many people feel that their players arent really growing because of how you play them/how you coach them? what are yalls thoughts?
Old 01-12-2009, 06:07 PM   #5
Rookie

mdurd2817's Arena

OVR: 5

I hope so. It would add a lot of replay value to the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2009, 08:16 PM   #6
Rookie

dex26-'s Arena

OVR: 4

I'm tired of the RB position based on speed when in reality its not. Great RBs have great vision, patients and instincts to find the whole and react. Sure you can't get outside as much as you used to which is a plus but you still can with guys like Harvin or Best. I still think its stupid because playing against Cal, over and over i'll have 4 backers take a angle on him and they will all just bounce right off him or get a arm on him and it won't even phase him. Just isn't realistic.

The speed on this game just isn't real. Not sure how they could fix the RB position, but still would be nice to see if the game wasn't only about speed. I want to see dominate left tackles, i want to see dominate defensive tackles. A big man that can clog the middle. A instinctive linebacker that can judge a play and hit the RB in the hole. Maybe i'm asking too much.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:25 AM   #7
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

I wouldn't mind.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:10 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex26-
I'm tired of the RB position based on speed when in reality its not. Great RBs have great vision, patients and instincts to find the whole and react. Sure you can't get outside as much as you used to which is a plus but you still can with guys like Harvin or Best. I still think its stupid because playing against Cal, over and over i'll have 4 backers take a angle on him and they will all just bounce right off him or get a arm on him and it won't even phase him. Just isn't realistic.

The speed on this game just isn't real. Not sure how they could fix the RB position, but still would be nice to see if the game wasn't only about speed. I want to see dominate left tackles, i want to see dominate defensive tackles. A big man that can clog the middle. A instinctive linebacker that can judge a play and hit the RB in the hole. Maybe i'm asking too much.
I'm onboard with you on this, but as you mentioned, it's probably a difficult thing to implement. Speed is speed, but how would you incorporate vision? The only thing I can think of right now would be to, say, highlight a hole or maybe highlight the tackle and guard generating the hole, thus providing you the hole to attack. Sounds too gimmicky, but how else do you design effective vision? I can see it working for CPU AI, so I guess attributes like ball carrier vision go out the window with the human user.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »