Home

have you ever played a game where you just were not allowed to win?

This is a discussion on have you ever played a game where you just were not allowed to win? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 01-11-2009, 05:15 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 37
Re: have you ever played a game where you just were not allowed to win?

I have played a few of those types of games. In order to combat this: PULL YOUR STARTING QB and you totally change the momentum. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or not but I never lose when I pull the starting QB. The momentum switches immediately.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:47 PM   #10
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

But for real, the last time it happened to me I think it was with my Tulsa dynasty a long time ago when I went into 4 OT's against UNT and lost..lol.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:47 PM   #11
MVP

MillardMavs's Arena

OVR: 24

This happend to me while I was playing the CPU in an OD. I was Nebraska playing Western Michigan (wow lol) and I turned the ball over 8 times and only had 1 takeaway. Thats a turnover diffrential of -7. But anyways the final score of the game was 45-7 Western Michigan. It sucked really bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2009, 06:14 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

I dont think its a normal occurence, but I will agree that it does happen every so often. Most of the time it happens in the last quarter, its often gotten so bad that I try to make sure that I'm losing before going into the 4th to keep the A.I calm, then I'll try to strike when they dont have enough time to come back, lol.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:51 AM   #13
Pro

DiddyGotGrillz's Arena

OVR: 11

You've been Tecmo'd
Old 01-12-2009, 10:36 AM   #14
Return of the Blake

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I don't believe in scripted outcomes. As bad as the outcome looks, I'm sure there were times where you played the cpu and picked them off a ton of times or they had a bunch of fumbles. Stuff happens - just like Tennesse this weekend like the other poster said.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:29 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 29

I was beating Tennessee by 24 points in the 3rd Qtr in NCAA 07 (360) and my team (NC State) decided to simply stop playing football. I think they thought it was badminton.

Lost 45-42
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2009, 11:36 AM   #16
All Star

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
Yeah, happens all the time, but don't go telling anyone the game is scripted...they deny it and go off on you...I've had games where I turn it over 10 times before. Every time I get in the red zone I fumble. Every time I throw a pass, some defender jumps 9 feet in the air and catches it with one arm while facing the wrong direction. Every big play, I get called for holding. The AI breaks 9 tackles on 3rd down to make sure they get the 1st. If I have the audacity to stop them, they just make me tackle with the face mask and give them the 1st anyway. Your QB suddenly throws high wobbly passes that are 10 yards off, or it hits the WR in the hands and just drops. My favorite is when the CPU QB throws a pass, and the ball just knuckles into their hands, or goes through one of my guys. I've got a handful of pictures and videos saved where the ball curves in mid-air, or goes through one of my players to make sure the AI gets it. They even call me for holding on FGs and such. Oh yeah, I've seen it. Happens once every other season or so where it's definitely pre-determined that you're going to lose and there's nothing you can do about it. Yet some people pretend the game is never scripted...it definitely is.
Maybe she was playing QB?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »