Home

NCAA Football 10: Time to Consolidate the Wishes

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10: Time to Consolidate the Wishes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 01-14-2009, 04:14 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football 10: Time to Consolidate the Wishes

They HAVE to make this region free on the 360, they wouldn't even have to spend money marketing the game, they just make it region free and any extra sales generated outside the US market would be a bonus, surely?

I don't want, nor have the funds, to buy a PS3 for this game.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:50 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Trings
^ Good LOOK***, bro (haha)
no prob man.. i hope they release info on this game sometime soo... ive been waiting for what seems like an eternity
Old 01-14-2009, 07:05 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 7
Great list so far, thanks to all for piling on here.

One thing I forgot to mention in my original write-up, but is at the tip-top of my wish list, is an adjustment to Athlete recruits.

Currently, recruiting athletes is a crap-shoot. They almost always have a pre-determined position, based upon their "surprise" overall ranking once you reach the Position Changes phase of the offseason. Sure, you can make them any position you so choose, but generally there is one position that the OVR ranking is sufficiently higher (like 15-20 points higher) than any of the other positions.

The problem here, is that it's not remotely realistic. Of course most Athlete recruits are generally partial to a certain position. But they also can be played at other positions without a ridiculous drop off.

There is nothing worse than an athlete turning out to be the most valuable in a position you are already stacked in. For instance, recruiting a 4 star athlete in hopes of their ability as a WR, only to find they have a 62 ranking as a WR, and a 76 ranking as a SS, where you are already three players deep.

It is not total luck of course, as in the current system you can examine their "grades" in certain categories and make an assumption, but this is not always accurate. I vote that, based upon recruits star level, that they be astute in at least two positions, namely one on offense and one on defense.

This is a tad more realistic, and makes you feel a bit less restricted with athlete recruits. It also makes it easier to put your best players on the field, and keep a more well-rounded depth chart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2009, 08:51 PM   #76
Rookie

My wishlist

1. Custom online dynasty - Create your own conf to include create-a-rivalry. I like to use Cincy and my friends all use Big Ten teams. So I ended up being Indiana. That's no good

2. Home-Home series with opp - Contracts to play a team home one year & away the next. (ie. USC v. Ohio St) They do it in real life, why not add that to the game as well

3. More uniforms - Some are missing and some just don't exist. Make it downloadable or like NHL and add a password as they become available.

4. Somebody suggested a new rating for QBs. TAUD - Throwing Accuracy Under Duress & TOM - Throwing on the move. - to many times do I see guys roll right and throw the perfect pass clear across the field to the left. WTF!

5. Improve OL/DL

6. Bowl games - team name in endzone and bowl logo on uniform

7. ESPN's College GameDay - only for nationally televised games or game of the week. Corso is the best!!!

8. Pre game entrance - All the hoopla teams do to include some midfield trash talking for rivalry games

9. Create-a-School - Idaho State Fighting Spuds...nuff said!!!
Old 01-14-2009, 08:56 PM   #77
Rookie

Sorry, forgot my most important thing. Make the game more beneficial for power backs. Speed is fun but I would like to see a 230-240 hb plow over a few defenders for 6 yds. It says truck rating but I ain't trucking over anybody.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:57 PM   #78
Rookie

Ability to watch people in your online dynasty play games too. Thanks
Old 01-14-2009, 10:25 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 3
Sooo many dreams.. Where to start.

First. CREATED TEAMS. I want to be able to create my own school and bring it to an online dynasty. Then join an entire conference of created teams. All of us starting off with basically the same crappy teams and building a real dynasty.
Also, the ability to build up my campus, stadium, athletic facilities, etc.. That way year to year I can see my University grow as well as the Football Program...
Old 01-14-2009, 11:01 PM   #80
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

If we get Div-1AA schools, EA don't make them as watered down as you did in the past.

Just because you are a Div-1AA player it doesn't mean you can't run fast or be strong. I swore back on the PS2, the fastest Div-1AA players had like 86 speed, and the strongest had like 83 strength.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »