Home

NCAA Football 10: Time to Consolidate the Wishes

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10: Time to Consolidate the Wishes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 01-22-2009, 02:25 PM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football 10: Time to Consolidate the Wishes

More personnel packages / player rotations. I may want to run certain linebackers in the nickel vs. the 4-3, but there's no easy way to do this.

Also, my team has a 3 running back rotation, and there's no easy way to do this either, other than manually subing before each play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2009, 05:15 AM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 0
Add drills for dynasty and campus legend

Add more to the campus legend mode. 1) Why is it that ONLY the CB can see the entire field while if you select other position you can only see a small section. 2) Funny how the O-line zero in on your legend and leave all DBs free to sack the qb. 3) Try the RPG approach. I can play campus legend for HOURS.

Formation subs.

Every college football team does not run the dang option, every other dang play from the AI is an option. C’mon and get over it.

AI should not run the ball all of the time when it’s late in the 4th qtr and the AI is down by a few scores…AI should AIR IT OUT…but instead here comes another option run from the team that is down by 7 or more.

Add more camera views

Save in the middle of a game!
Old 01-25-2009, 01:59 AM   #123
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

I think it will be pretty nice if that add the Senior Bowl for Campus Legend(if they still have it) and Dynasty. Such as, Once the season and everything is over and you can play it if a couple of players from your team are seniors. To help there draft stock when you import it to madden.
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 01-25-2009, 07:57 AM   #124
Rookie

OVR: 1
Real coaching. Make the game establish a school program and tradition. Hire and fire head and position coaches. Specialize the coaches to run certain schemes. If I hire a offensive coordinator that specializes in option offense, I should have a penalty if my team runs west coast and a boost when my team runs option. Players only progress at the level of talent the coaches posses. Add more sim life to the game. Win games and there is more money available to build things on campus. Buy a house and cars if I am a coach. Buy new clothes. Attract better coaches with more money to hire. New facilities. New Stadium. Punish players that do not keep their grades up. Hire Strength coach.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:22 AM   #125
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Just played '05 last night. I haven't played a last gen game since the '07 version. I had forgotten how many options or nice features were left out.

First off, I've said it several times but the rotation of the football on passes needs to be added back. The knuckle ball is crap.

DB's actually gathered themselves and would turn and jump off two feet to bat down a pass as opposed to the constant one-footed ballet crap we get each time now.

Also, DB's and LB's weren't didn't have the ability to "warp" into a passing lane to pick off a pass. It was pretty simple, if a pass was too high, they couldn't get to it and were burned. Some of this is to blame for the horrible trajectory we have on passes now. They are way too flat.

There has to be a problem with the way defenders cover plays now. It's like the offense is playing on flat ground but the defense is playing on a hill that is the angle of the field. This needs to be fixed.

QB's dropping the ball in between holes in zones as opposed to throwing bullets each pass. Also, QB throwing motions were much, much smoother in '05 They looked better.

QB's would actually have their passes altered if they were hit while throwing. These ball physics were also much better. Now they just get sucked in if a defender is close. This has to be addressed.

I think there are several good tackle and catch animations that we don't see any more.

I totally forgot how cool the playcall screens were that showed both teams' yardage, TOP etc. Quick stat lines were cool too. How did EA lose all this??? This kills me.

Plays were much easier to see during the playcall screen as well.

I went back to create-a-school. There should be a way we have every school's colors, font's, templates, etc and be able to choose them and build uni's. There should be an editor for curretnt teams as well. It was so cool to finally see my team in the right colored pants and shoes. Even though I had to create them.

Another option that should come for create-a-school. I should be able to use a school's uni's and tweak them. I should also be able to transfer a school's roster to my create-a-team roster. Everyone is supposedly random so there ar no rights that should stop this. The transfer a player is another great option that would go well with the new version.

I know EA got behind when they moved to next-gen but they should be busting it to get us the quality we had. There are some new features that are very good and helpful but overall, from a football standpoint, EA has fallen so far behind.

Seriously, all last-gen features need to be added to the new version and continue to build on it.

AI is soooo much better on last gen as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2009, 04:01 PM   #126
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
I think it will be pretty nice if that add the Senior Bowl for Campus Legend(if they still have it) and Dynasty. Such as, Once the season and everything is over and you can play it if a couple of players from your team are seniors. To help there draft stock when you import it to madden.
Yeah it would be nice if they did, like they had back on PS1 days. Isn't that a shame? A freakin PS1 game had features that we still can't get now.

I asked the EA guy on ncaastrategies about that, and he said, "that's not a high priority, so more than likely they won't be implementing that." You can add a mascot game, but not a generic senior bowl.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:45 PM   #127
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
Just played '05 last night. I haven't played a last gen game since the '07 version. I had forgotten how many options or nice features were left out.

First off, I've said it several times but the rotation of the football on passes needs to be added back. The knuckle ball is crap.

DB's actually gathered themselves and would turn and jump off two feet to bat down a pass as opposed to the constant one-footed ballet crap we get each time now.

Also, DB's and LB's weren't didn't have the ability to "warp" into a passing lane to pick off a pass. It was pretty simple, if a pass was too high, they couldn't get to it and were burned. Some of this is to blame for the horrible trajectory we have on passes now. They are way too flat.

There has to be a problem with the way defenders cover plays now. It's like the offense is playing on flat ground but the defense is playing on a hill that is the angle of the field. This needs to be fixed.

QB's dropping the ball in between holes in zones as opposed to throwing bullets each pass. Also, QB throwing motions were much, much smoother in '05 They looked better.

QB's would actually have their passes altered if they were hit while throwing. These ball physics were also much better. Now they just get sucked in if a defender is close. This has to be addressed.

I think there are several good tackle and catch animations that we don't see any more.

I totally forgot how cool the playcall screens were that showed both teams' yardage, TOP etc. Quick stat lines were cool too. How did EA lose all this??? This kills me.

Plays were much easier to see during the playcall screen as well.

I went back to create-a-school. There should be a way we have every school's colors, font's, templates, etc and be able to choose them and build uni's. There should be an editor for curretnt teams as well. It was so cool to finally see my team in the right colored pants and shoes. Even though I had to create them.

Another option that should come for create-a-school. I should be able to use a school's uni's and tweak them. I should also be able to transfer a school's roster to my create-a-team roster. Everyone is supposedly random so there ar no rights that should stop this. The transfer a player is another great option that would go well with the new version.

I know EA got behind when they moved to next-gen but they should be busting it to get us the quality we had. There are some new features that are very good and helpful but overall, from a football standpoint, EA has fallen so far behind.

Seriously, all last-gen features need to be added to the new version and continue to build on it.

AI is soooo much better on last gen as well.
Bingo on everything you listed! And I thought '05 was a TERRIBLE game, but yet it still had better stuff than '09 had. That's why I've said '09 is in a close running for the worst game in this series IMO.

But I digress. It really is a shame that we "lost" all these features when coming over to next-gen gen, but then somehow the same old problems manage to port themselves over.

What's funny(or rather sad) is that so much of the stuff that last gen has carried over from WAY back from Genesis, to PS1, to then PS2.....then it somehow got lost coming to 360/PS3. I would've never imagined that QB-auto throw would be something people would be asking to have back in a game....that was a GIVEN for so many years, as was stuff like end-zone art.
That's like buying a nice new coat and no longer getting the extra buttons.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:37 PM   #128
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

they are going to fix Online Dynasty right? The players leaving and the conference invites?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »