Home

NCAA Football 10: Time to Consolidate the Wishes

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10: Time to Consolidate the Wishes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2009, 01:30 AM   #33
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA Football 10: Time to Consolidate the Wishes

I really think..or maybe just wishful thinking..that alot of things will be improved..I just would like to see some indication that 1-AA will is in the making..or coming soon..
Old 01-13-2009, 06:11 AM   #34
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
1. Improve the anemic cpu rushing attack. With the horribly watered down sliders this year, that wasn't possible.
2. Bring back the deep ball! The cpu never threw it deep and it was rare to see a WR actually get behind a DB as well. Better cpu QB AI in general.
3. Improve the DL moves and map them to the R-stick. Playing as a DL sucks and is no fun currently.
4. Better player control on defense. It's too hard to manually defend the pass.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:31 AM   #35
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

I actually like the fact you can't edit a player's height and weight throughout a dynasty. People would abuse that and make tall WR's. If we get the discipline feature back I'd love to be able to turn it off. I'm not a fan of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2009, 08:38 AM   #36
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

I never played the ps2 version where you promised a guy a jersey # but this would be cool. EA would have to get the numbers right for the positions.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:03 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 9
Definitely more variabilty(and human-ness) in the CPU play styles............................Less interceptions for me and the CPU.........

More passes by me and the CPU that just have normal accuracy problems......Improved control over the defensive players, improved controls for running(less emphasis on the spin move and more on juking and physical moves)

The real elephant in the room in that EA needs to just give up the exclusive license with NCAA Football...

You've got Madden already(and the NFL)..So show some cohonas and compete in something for a change

Until they have to compete in Football on a level playing field in SOME WAY their pigskin games will never improve more than marginally
Old 01-13-2009, 09:15 AM   #38
All Star

OVR: 17
Good article, I would also like to add that they need to show us the difference between all-american, good, average, and poor players at all positions(and not just with SPEED!!!)

Needs to be some difference in route running between great and bad receivers.

They need a TOTAL overhaul on presentation. It should be just like an ESPN telecast, there is no reason for it not to me. We should have dynamic commentary. Even if you can't get the guys in studio to say some things, they can be pulled from the tons of TV coverage that these guys do. That is what they did for the commentary in the UFC game. I see no other reason than laziness that this is not implemented.

Also it was touched on the article but blitzes rarely affect pass protection. I want to see bad lineman make mistakes in blocking, and sometimes even good ones, depending on if the defense is confusing them upfront.

Last but not least is this the year that we see an actual pocket?? I don't know if I remember this game ever having a pocket, hopefully this is the year!
Old 01-13-2009, 09:37 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2
Great article, I agree with all of your points. My greatest problem though has been the crashes. I have an Xbox 360, and have had NCAA Football for the past four years. Both the 2008 version and 2009 version broke on my 360, giving a disc unreadable screen after only a few weeks of play. I ended up getting 6 different copies of 2009 version because I liked the game so much and stores continued to let me turn it in, but they all broke. Help?
Old 01-13-2009, 09:56 AM   #40
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29
a Couple additional points..

1. They need to fix the buggy chat when doing the offseason with everyone online... it's a crapshoot when advancing through the stages regarding who will get dropped from the chat and have to reboot.

2. When doing the offseason, there is a bug that is causing some guys to see 0 minutes when the recruiting is advanced from week to week. Sometimes rebooting is a solution, sometimes you have to delete them from the dynasty and re-invite.

3. As commisioner, there is a bug after week 3 of offseason recruiting that takes away the "advance past week 3 recruiting" option. You have to logout and log back in for it to re-appear.

all of these things contribute to a buggy offseason experience when trying to get everything accomplished in one night for a 12 man dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »