Home

Is this online dynasty cheesing...

This is a discussion on Is this online dynasty cheesing... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2009, 09:24 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Is this online dynasty cheesing...

Sadly none of that would work because it appears in this dynasty one of the biggest cheesers is the commish. It's ok if it's the kind of cheesing he does but if it's something he doesn't do then it's not ok..

Like he thinks running no huddle is fine cause he does it....

I actually was given this response when I rationally explained to him why what he's doing exploits the game...
------

Waaaaaaaa!!!

Now all I'm hearing is you don't like the way somebody does something that gives them an advantage and so you bitch. Just like you bitched about losing players. I looked over your roster and to tell you the truth, you have no right to whine.

Look, how much fun is it for everyone else if you win the championship every year? Sounds to me like if everything does not go your way, you bitch and moan.

I don't mean to sound like a dick, but this is not your dynasty. If you want to make a bunch of confining rules in your dynasty, fine. If you can convince people to play that way, more power to you. But this is not your dynasty.

Frankly, I think when you start making a bunch of rules about things, then it becomes a lot less fun. You know as well as I do that I don't cheese. This was a legit position change. I am not going argue any more about this.

BTW, Adam Powers has 80 STR, 89 AGI, 70 POW, and 70 TAK rating. Those are important ratings for that position, too. No way I would have moved him if he would have been a 40-50 overall at DE. I think you are under the impression that is what I did. No sir. This was a legit change. Besides, if the 2 ratings PMV - 44, FMV - 45) that you are talking about are so important for a Dlineman, than that should be a weakness for other teams to exploit.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:30 PM   #10
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

find you a new dyanasty. those rules arent even tough. they all follow the letter of football. you dont even think about them. they all make sense. some of the even tougher leagues have a rule where you have to play the highest overall player at there position no matter what. to each there own but rules are needed and most have them.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:38 PM   #11
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca
BTW, Adam Powers has 80 STR, 89 AGI, 70 POW, and 70 TAK rating.
I'd say that's borderline enough to be a fair position change. Like previous poster said, find a new dynasty if you want rules against things like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2009, 10:06 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

This is what I get...

For ****'s sake, just let it go. Ingram is like 3rd or 4th string. If you have looked at my recruiting, you would know that I always try to recruit DEs. You're making stuff out of nothing. And the **** about moving the QB around is not cheesing. If you think that then you have never watched college football because I see teams do that all the time. And you know I'm not talking about the dropping back and moving in a zig zag pattern. Not every team has the luxury of great oline talent and WRs with super speed that get open every play. Try watching teams other than the power houses.

This is pitiful. You just practically accused me of being a cheeser. Gray area? You're a real piece of work, fella. Yes, some of that stuff I just don't see how you can call it that. You can't just take away a style because you don't like it. This is just the same argument you and Diddy got into awhile back. No need to repeat history here. I know I said this before but I am going to say it again. I am done with this topic.

So now it's ok to also run around with the QB and exploit that too...
Old 01-13-2009, 10:37 AM   #13
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

I was kinda agreeing with you to a point about the position change. But I've got to admit.
80 STR, 89 AGI, 70 POW, and 70 TAK rating. makes a pretty compelling aregument. Even with his PMV and FMV in the 40's the guy is a pure edge rusher. Nothing wrong with that. He now has a guy that you have to be aware of every passing play. There are a few of those in the NCAA and quite a few in the NFL. I don't know the guys weight or what team he is using, but given those other stats and the fact the it's hard to get constant pressure in NCAA anyways. I don't think this was done with cheese in mind. I think it was more about getting pressure on the QB.

Now the whole scramble thing. I have opinions on that BS too, but in my OD we have a couple of guys who do that, but they also throw lots of int's because my DE can get out to them so I let it slide. It is annoying though. EA needs real roll out throws in the game though. (where the OL sprints to one side with the QB behind them like many spread teams run.)

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 01-13-2009, 11:28 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

There's an easy way to combat him. Just quit his OD. If you dont like the rules one commish has, start your own OD. There's nothing locking you into playing this guys game.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:28 PM   #15
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

OVR: 6

Terrell Suggs was a RB in high school. They converted him to DE in college.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2009, 01:22 PM   #16
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

HurtKnee, your posts are great. Thanks for posting the rules of your league.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »