Home

Conference opinion question

This is a discussion on Conference opinion question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2009, 01:34 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 24
Conference opinion question

I am starting a new OD with some guys from a SEC dynasty i am in and i wanted some opinion on this.

I was thinking Big 10 because in general its fairly balanced and without loaded recruiting states like Florida nearby would not only be tougher to recruit but tougher to get really good.

Now here is the question- Do you think conferences without a title game are fair in online dynasty? Say your Iowa in year one and you have the same record as tOSU but tOSU goes to the Rose Bowl (or title game) over you. (you don't play Mich or tOSU in season 1). How ticked would you be?

Otherwise, i am thinking Big 12 or ACC.

I feel after 3 seasons of SEC that some built in advantages exist for SEC teams. IE Florida has the state to themselves and way too many players come out of Alabama.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Conference opinion question

I would say Big 10 because almost all of the Big 12 has the state of Texas to recruit which is just as good as Florida. The ACC would be good but Miami an Florida greatly benefit from recruiting in Florida over all the other ACC schools. When it comes to recruiting the Big 10 is pretty even between the teams.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:48 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

ACC is the most balanced. Everyone's got Florida nearby so it's not that big of an advantage for everyone, but I've been in a couple ACC dynasties, and even Duke was very successful. Boston College is the toughest one by far because they have no good recruiting states really, but for the most part it is very very balanced.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:23 PM   #4
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

i dont think the acc is the most balanced. i only say that because most of the teams are so far away from florida. you have clemson, fsu and Miami in the area and the the rest on the east coast. 4 teams in NC alone. i do like the acc for the balance of teams and has been my favorite OD.

the big twelve gives you a rivalry fest if you all play in the south. every team has alteast two teams from the south they hate. two from Ok and 4 from texas gives you great recruiting balance.

the best 12 man rivalry od you could create would be the big twelve south and the sec west. i think there is around 25 rivalry games just in the those 12 teams and they only cover 6 states that all touch.

if you put all your guys in the big twelve south (i have no idea what your sliders are so i dont know if the cpu even has a chance to win) you would have to play each other every year. if you add more guys you have the north to put them in. this way you start with atleast 6 guys fighting for texas recruits and all within a state away. this will balance the talent that comes out of texas.

got to run but ill chime in more later.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:52 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 24

I ended starting a Big 12 one over the weekend. I just thought a title game was needed is why i chose it over the Big 10. I ended up adding one additional user to go up to 7. Five of us are in the South (OSU the one CPU team) so it should be pretty balanced. We use Heisman sliders slanted toward the CPU that i made in the SEC league so losses do occur.

Thanks for the comments you guys have made.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2009, 06:51 PM   #6
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Main thing you should consider when choosing a conference and teams in OD is how often will you get to play the other guys. I joined one for CUSA (conference was already picked when I joined), we have 4 guys in one division and 3 guys in the other. Typically each guy will have 1 human opponent that is not on their schedule in a given season. (sometimes 0, sometimes 2)

That's tough to remedy in a conference with a championship game. You can choose Pac 10 and everyone will play everyone, but you'll have a big disparity in talent and no conference championship game.

If you have 6 or less people, you could have all 6 be in the same division within a conference, and thus play each other every year, but then you face CPU for the conference championship game.

I would definitely not pick the Big 10 though because those clowns do not have a conference championship game and not everyone plays everyone else each year.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:54 PM   #7
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Oh and before I joined this 7-team online dynasty, was thinking of starting one with only 3 teams. My idea was to have all 3 teams in difference conferences. Maybe one Cali, one Texas, one Florida school. Schedule each other with non-conference every year. Beat up on your conference, lots of pressure to win your two non-conference games vs human opponents if you want to go to the national championship game. Lots of pressure to schedule a strong non-conference schedule too in case there is a 3-way tie between you and your buddies at 1 loss at the end of the season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »