Home

NCAA Football 09 Postmortem

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Postmortem within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2009, 09:57 PM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 2
I agree with this review in every way pretty much. I feel it was an awesome game that kept me playing for awhile when I had the time. And to all the people about the speed...it's definitely one of the most important things in college football, but the good teams also have guys with good enough speed to keep your guys in check for the most part I found.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2009, 10:41 PM   #106
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NCAA Football 09 Postmortem

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTheDestroyer
I agree with this review in every way pretty much. I feel it was an awesome game that kept me playing for awhile when I had the time. And to all the people about the speed...it's definitely one of the most important things in college football, but the good teams also have guys with good enough speed to keep your guys in check for the most part I found.
Let me just say that if you think this game is an "awesome game", as you put it, then theres no need for EA to change anything on it.

If you think this game is awesome, despite the fact that it's missing nearly 3/4 of the features which made the PS2 game so great, then the PS2 version in comparison must be the greatest recurring game ever for the past 7 years.

If you think the speed differential in this game is indicative of real life, you might want to watch college football more closely. I've never seen a 250lb TE outrun a DB who runs a 4.4 40.

Last edited by stoncold32; 01-27-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:20 PM   #107
Rookie

whatcha's Arena

OVR: 4

Umm, wow. I skipped through the thread and read a lot, but not all of the posts. I think some folks take the game a bit too seriously. If you know that speed kills, don't abuse speed. Why would you intentionally recruit a 2-star A+ speed guy other than to abuse the game? Regardless of the game's programming, if you're doing that and then complaining about the fact it works, shame on you. I'm in my 7th season of a dynasty with 10 other folks. We've played on Heisman since the beginning. We've had user games that ended 12-9 with 7 FGs as all the scoring. We've had high scoring user games where the last team with the ball was probably going to win. But what we've never lost is the fact that it's a game, man. We enjoy playing this game with one another, competing for recruits, and talking trash. I gave this game an A when it came out. Would still give it an A today. But I don't expect the game to be real football because it can't be. So I don't measure it against that. I measure it as one of the best, if not the best, football game I've ever played on a console. That's what makes it an A. Heck, it's cold an icy outside today, so should I give mother nature an F?
Old 01-28-2009, 06:21 PM   #108
Rookie

whatcha's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Let me just say that if you think this game is an "awesome game", as you put it, then theres no need for EA to change anything on it.

If you think this game is awesome, despite the fact that it's missing nearly 3/4 of the features which made the PS2 game so great, then the PS2 version in comparison must be the greatest recurring game ever for the past 7 years.

If you think the speed differential in this game is indicative of real life, you might want to watch college football more closely. I've never seen a 250lb TE outrun a DB who runs a 4.4 40.
BTW, I'm a Michigan fan and stood in awe as I saw Jason Whitten outrun the entire Michigan secondary in a bowl game. Straight up the middle of the field, too.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:34 PM   #109
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcha
BTW, I'm a Michigan fan and stood in awe as I saw Jason Whitten outrun the entire Michigan secondary in a bowl game. Straight up the middle of the field, too.
I love how people like to bring up one incident and try to justify it occurring multiple times in this game.

If you can't see the offense is too fast on this game and the defense is too slow, then you haven't played it enough.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:08 AM   #110
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I love how people like to bring up one incident and try to justify it occurring multiple times in this game.

If you can't see the offense is too fast on this game and the defense is too slow, then you haven't played it enough.
Honestly, the only speed gap I've seen is the RB vs. LB on pass routes. It can lead to too many cheap catches by RBs. I also think QBs are too slow. Overall I can't even remember seeing a slow TE outrun my secondary and I've played over 100 games easy (or me abusing the cpu either). I think the secondary speed is fine personally. I'm only talking offline. Are you seeing this online? Could be a difference in slider settings too.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:33 AM   #111
Rookie

i think its more of the speed of the offensive players vs the bad angles the defensive players take to make tackles...

or that whole 3 seconds a defensive player will take to realize that an offensive player is running the ball that maybe he should attempt to give chase or cut him off to make the tackle.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »