Home

Tebow, Bradford, McCoy

This is a discussion on Tebow, Bradford, McCoy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2009, 03:11 PM   #33
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Tebow, Bradford, McCoy

Why does everyone think Tim Tebow is fast? The guy is not fast... he's mobile, but not fast.

Ratings have historically been absurd in EA football games and I don't expect that to change next year. If you listen to the world of EA, then we have 50 once-in-a-lifetime players every single season.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:16 PM   #34
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Why does everyone think Tim Tebow is fast? The guy is not fast... he's mobile, but not fast.

Ratings have historically been absurd in EA football games and I don't expect that to change next year. If you listen to the world of EA, then we have 50 once-in-a-lifetime players every single season.
Exactly. So EA will either keep him @ 84-85 or they may even move him up to 87. Who knows. Its Tebow. Lol. Personally, I'd give him somewhere between 78-81 speed with 90 acceleration since it takes him no time to get a full head of steam

Old 01-16-2009, 04:08 PM   #35
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
Exactly. So EA will either keep him @ 84-85 or they may even move him up to 87. Who knows. Its Tebow. Lol. Personally, I'd give him somewhere between 78-81 speed with 90 acceleration since it takes him no time to get a full head of steam
That would seem about right..round 85 speed and then 90 acl.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2009, 04:31 PM   #36
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner11
That would seem about right..round 85 speed and then 90 acl.
Since when does Tebow run a 4.45 and since when does Bradford run the 4.50 to match the 80 SPD you think he should have?

These guys are not speedsters. Tebow ran a 4.69 out of high school and I guarantee he didn't shave 3/10 of a second off his 40 time since coming to school. Bradford ran a 4.64 out of high school.

If we're going to be honest about rating people fairly, then neither one of them should be above 80 SPD.

Just for comparison's sake, Terrelle Pryor ran a 4.40. If Tebow or Bradford are rated in the 80's for speed then I guess Pryor is a 99.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:44 PM   #37
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Ya know, our opinions really dont matter when it all boils down to it. Lol. If TP's speed is 99 and Tebow's is 85 then we can just go to Edit Rosters and change them to what we feel is right. Or wait for DK and company to make some more amazing rosters.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:37 PM   #38
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Tebow I think will be the first 100 player. Mainly because it's Tebow + the Tiburon state of Florida bias. His accuracy should be 2-3 lower then Bradford and McCoy but he will likely be better in every category.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:12 AM   #39
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Well I think 40 times should be used to rate speed to a certain extent, but lets not forget this is a FOOTBALL game. FOOTBALL speed does not necessarily correlate with 40 yard dash speed. Playing with Tebow in '09 his speed felt just about right. I couldn't really do much, and I didn't have much success with the QB powers, but his speed felt right. I think 84 speed for Tebow is fair. And compared to other QB's 84 is really nothing special anymore. That being said I wonder what Robert Griffin will get? That guy is amazing.

And if one guy deserves a 99 rating, it's Tebow. This guy is one of the greatest FOOTBALL players to ever player. The guy is a true player. He'll go down as one of the greatest players of all-time an rightfully so. Maybe he won't be a star NFL QB, but the guy is a great FOOTBALL player. He was born to play the game. He deserves the 99.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:55 PM   #40
Rookie

sportsgamer30's Arena

OVR: 8

Bradford, Mccoy, Tebow. Mccoy is going to have a really good pass completion. Tebow could be a little faster. Bradford should be 99, Mccoy 97, Tebow 97.
MLB Twins
NBA Cavs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »