Home

Using WRs as TEs

This is a discussion on Using WRs as TEs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2009, 04:23 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Using WRs as TEs

Last edited by thudias; 01-19-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2009, 09:14 AM   #26
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii_Stars
I don't do it, and people who do it know it's cheese. Putting fast ATH there also is cheese IMO.
I don't think it is. I brought in an ATH who was 6'5, 231 specifically to play TE. He came in with 92 speed, but pretty average hands and awareness. He would have been my 9th WR, but my 3rd TE. So I redshirted him and let him play TE. I don't think it's cheese if it's logical. If I have a WR that can't crack the lineup and is 6'3-6'7, then he goes to TE. I don't take a guy that's 5'11 180 and move him to TE. I run a spread offense, so the TE is rarely in the game anyway.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:35 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayeight
I don't think it is. I brought in an ATH who was 6'5, 231 specifically to play TE. He came in with 92 speed, but pretty average hands and awareness. He would have been my 9th WR, but my 3rd TE. So I redshirted him and let him play TE. I don't think it's cheese if it's logical. If I have a WR that can't crack the lineup and is 6'3-6'7, then he goes to TE. I don't take a guy that's 5'11 180 and move him to TE. I run a spread offense, so the TE is rarely in the game anyway.
The scenario you listed may not be cheese in real life, but it exploits this dumbed down game engine so its cheese. Teams put in their fast WR's in the backfield in real life too, but it breaks the game so its cheese too. The list goes on and on, just because they do it in real life can't be your basis. If it exploits the game its cheese.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:21 PM   #28
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

Doesnt Troy have tiny fast TE's on the original rosters? Troy is cheese. No one can ever use Troy.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:26 PM   #29
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
The scenario you listed may not be cheese in real life, but it exploits this dumbed down game engine so its cheese. Teams put in their fast WR's in the backfield in real life too, but it breaks the game so its cheese too. The list goes on and on, just because they do it in real life can't be your basis. If it exploits the game its cheese.
I don't think it's an exploit, it's your only option next to cutting the guy.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:18 PM   #30
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayeight
I don't think it's an exploit, it's your only option next to cutting the guy.
it is an exploit. and even though its a legit move because of his size and ability anything over 90 at te pretty much breaks the coverages. so its an exploit. it comes down to the ai not whats realistic. you might not know how but you put a te with 92 speed in some guys hands and he will dominate. use wisconsin and try out there te. he's 89 or 90 speed. you can throw to him 10 times a game easy. and if your against man, forget about it. he might as well be 99 speed against the lb's in man because they are getting burnt.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:15 AM   #31
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
it is an exploit. and even though its a legit move because of his size and ability anything over 90 at te pretty much breaks the coverages. so its an exploit. it comes down to the ai not whats realistic. you might not know how but you put a te with 92 speed in some guys hands and he will dominate. use wisconsin and try out there te. he's 89 or 90 speed. you can throw to him 10 times a game easy. and if your against man, forget about it. he might as well be 99 speed against the lb's in man because they are getting burnt.
You can do the same thing with TEs with 85 speed. Play better defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2009, 09:41 AM   #32
Pro

DiddyGotGrillz's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by noles_acc
We all know the difficulty of trying to recruit tight ends, and I've been recently just switching any of the 9 WRs I recruit (seemingly) every year, to a TE. Even though, rating wise, it seems as if they'd be little pansies on the O-line, their blocking is decent, and they are killer in flat routes against LBs. I have a former 4-star TE now, who is about an 85 overall, with 82 speed, but I'm finding myself giddy when I go double TE and my former WR with 93 speed is an option.

Maybe this is an old theme, but I"m curious what you guys think of this and if you do this.
I don't blame you for doing it....but personally, I think it's lame. That is simply taking advantage of EA's stupid A.I. that can't cover for anything. It is trash.....

But hey, I guess whatever gets you a win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »