Home

Get your name in the game!

This is a discussion on Get your name in the game! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2009, 11:15 AM   #17
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Get your name in the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Ive got an easy last name, but would be a nice feature. Only affects Campus Legend, but its better than hearing "#37" all day
This effects TV commentary, not the PA announcer. So unless we decide to turn on TV commentary in Campus Legend (which is being considered), it will only apply to regular game modes.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:11 PM   #18
MVP

Cabke's Arena

OVR: 15

This one of the cooler things you guys have done in a while. My last name is not very common at all so it'd be sweet to see it in there.

It'd be cool if you would at least give us the option to listen to TV commentary in Campus Legend because the PA guy can get dull after a while.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:18 PM   #19
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I'm not sure what you are asking in the first part, but the name you submitted is exactly what we are trying to avoid. The idea is to get YOUR name in, not someone else's name that isn't in there.
I guess you could call it name dispersement??? I guess its using the most common names more frequently than less common names in the databases. You may already do it but it isn't that noticable. That's what I meant. Examples being more Smith, Jones, Johnson names generated than Kuehn and less common names. Just a suggestion I'd seen floated around here before.

Is there a problem with submitting my favorite player's name? Mine is already in the game, it's fairly common. I apologize for submitting a really good player's name that has been left out for a few years now. Didn't realize.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:04 PM   #20
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Agreed on the TV Commentary being included in Campus Legend. Especially if you are going to reach out to put community user names in the game, which is a great idea to pair with Campus Legend.

The PA alone does make it difficult to really get into the Legend mode for an extended period of time and it would be great to hear some specific commentary with respect to: first game starting, coming up on a milestone, carrying a team to the championship etc.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:58 PM   #21
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
I guess you could call it name dispersement??? I guess its using the most common names more frequently than less common names in the databases. You may already do it but it isn't that noticable. That's what I meant. Examples being more Smith, Jones, Johnson names generated than Kuehn and less common names. Just a suggestion I'd seen floated around here before.

Is there a problem with submitting my favorite player's name? Mine is already in the game, it's fairly common. I apologize for submitting a really good player's name that has been left out for a few years now. Didn't realize.
So you mean more recordings of common names to give it more variety?

We can't put last names from real college football players anymore for legal reasons, that's why we only want your real name.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2009, 03:14 PM   #22
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

I submitted mine, but its so close to Bradley (Bradby) i don't know.

i'm tired of being called Bradley in every game so i hope it does
Old 01-16-2009, 05:05 PM   #23
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

WOW is all I can say. NCAA 09 needed so many fixes and the first thing from EA is "Get Your Name in the Game!". The propaganda from EA has already started.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:09 PM   #24
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
WOW is all I can say. NCAA 09 needed so many fixes and the first thing from EA is "Get Your Name in the Game!". The propaganda from EA has already started.
C'mon Heavy, I understand your frustration but at least they are trying to reach out to the community. I would rather a token gesture than no access to them.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »