Home

Your best 4th quarter comeback

This is a discussion on Your best 4th quarter comeback within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2009, 10:06 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Your best 4th quarter comeback

GREATEST OF ALL TIME EVER!
(take the time to read this)

USER VS. USER online quick game

Georgia (me) VS. Florida (him)

I just sucked for 3 quarters throwing picks in the red zone like an *******. So i was shut out until the 4th but i managed to hold him to 17 for 4 quarters. After the last touchdown he scored in the 4th with like 3 mins. remaining, i returned the kick to his 40 and using excellent clock management scored with no time outs. recoverd the onside. scored again using only one time out (making it 14-17 him). recovered the onside again. so i was down by 3 with only 2 time outs and only 40 secs on the clock at my 35. i thru a post to AJ Green and used my 2nd time out. Screened out to Knowshon Moreno picked up 15 and got out of bounds putting me at his 35. with 12 sec left and only 1 timeout. i thru a quick out but i got drug down from behind 1 yard from the sideline. forcing me to use my last time out (this sucked because i wanted to run 1 more play to line myself up perfectly with the uprights) so i had 8 secs left and the ball was on the right hashmark at his 30 when he called a timeout to ice me. i made the 50 yd field goal (while iced) and kicked off with 2 secs on the clock. he returned it with percy almost all the way up the middle of the field i user controlled the KICKER! to big hit percy HAHA. we went into 5 overtimes both scoring the 2pt conversions 3 times in a row. 5th overtime i scored first so was on defense he quickly scored about to take us into the 6th OT when he was going for two i stuck his slot too early on a slant across the middle (pass interference) giving him another go for 2pts and only a yard away he called 5 wide slam (short hooks) i manned up and jammed because i knew this was his short yardage B+B and he had no one to throw to so he tried to scramble with Tebow i had control of Ellerbe (the hard hitting run-stopping impact MLB) and was about to hit him at like the inch line when he pile dove over me. i was thinking great thats some bull**** but he got flagged for holding so his third attempt at the 2pt i ended up picking him off on a slant route very fitting ending for the injustice almost done to me a play before.

Last edited by bear05dog; 02-10-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:54 AM   #18
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9

Not really a 4th quarter comeback but, here we go.

Year1 of my friend's C-USA I'm lowly SMU and my first game is against Rice a powerhouse in the conference. I didn't really expect to win since, I knew the guy and how well he played. We start and it's bad luck off the get go for me on offense I think the opening kick was fumbled and he got the ball on my 30 somehting. and he gets a fairly quick touchdown. My few posessions I had to punt. I played good enough defense shutting down Jarrett Dillard, who compared to C-USA secondaries is a Juggarnout, to a few short catches. But, none the less he takes a drive and puts in the endzone. I have a great long drive that gets stiffled in the redzone settle for 3. Rice then goes 3 and out and I get the ball and start my 2 minute drill. I'm really pushing the ball down field, I get inside the 10 and start to milk the clock down so I get the last posession. Time out called with :03 on the clock on about the 5 yd line, I would get the ball the ball at half and should of kicked the fieldgoal. Having momentum on my side I decided to go for it throwing a quick out to my slot but, I was blind not to see the CB in the flat and he took it for 6.

Halftime down 21 - 3

I was just thinking to myself how it was over and the best I could do is make it close. On my kick return I broke it all the way to the endzone. I was playing out of my mind on defense I had 2 pick 6's and back to back to back 3 and out's. My slow but, steady offense punched in another TD.

Somewhere in the 4th up 31 - 21

I'm grinning ear to ear thinking how mad I would be blowing a 18 point lead I had at half. While I'm grinning I play defense this posession with a bend and don't break mentallity, as to not give up a quick score. He put's it in the endzone with about 3 minutes on the clock.

up 31 - 28 with 3 minutes to go

Just burn the clock punch it in and its mine. I get things started off with a return to midfield. I'm sort of sweet and sour about it since I'm closer but, could score too quickly. I get to really working the clock, 3 or 4 yards and a cloud of dust. He burns his TO's and puts in a 4th and 3 inside the 30 with just over a minute, so I have to come out of here with some points and kick the fieldgoal. It's good.

34 - 28 1:07 to go

On the kickoff I kick far away from Dillard and force him to drive 70 some yds. Him with zero TO's left and me with a 6 point lead continue my bend and not break theory. Right around midfield he has maybe :20 seconds left I run a cover two with a CB blitz hoping to sack him and end the game right now or at the very least hurry an incompletion. I drop the secondary back disguise my blitz and before I know it I see Dillard runnin a deep post splitting the safeties and scoring and with the only the PAT to take the lead he does.

Final 35 - 34 Rice wins

This was by far my most fun game I felt the lowest of lows and the highest of highs.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:09 PM   #19
Rookie

Shade Shadows's Arena

OVR: 3

I was using ND in the first year of my online dynasty, had a game against my friend using Ohio St. The game was tied 31-31 and he drove down to field goal range when I stopped him. He kicked a field goal with 7 seconds left on the clock to go up 34-31. He decided to kick it deep...and I returned it all the way with no time left to win the game!
Old 02-11-2009, 08:49 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

My greatest comeback was in ncaa04
i was notre dame and i was facing pitt
the first quarter i had no offense at all getting only 20 yards
and pitt scored 3 td's on me and had 200 passing yards
second quarter i got a fg the first play of the quarter
i had a little more luck with yards gaining 150 or so
they put up 3 more tds and at halftime they had 400 passing yards Larry Fitzgerald had 5 of there td's and 250 yards receiving
third quarter i wake up and score 3 td's of my own while holding them to zero points that quarter so the score is 42 to 24
fourth quarter they score a field goal and i score 3 more tds
at this point i evened the yards gained at about 500
there was no defense in this game whatsoever
we go into overtime not one not two but seven of them
and i finally pull off the comeback win 74 to 67
it was the longest game ive ever played before but the most exciting
Old 02-11-2009, 09:24 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was LSU and i was down 28-8 and never gave up and beat some d-bag 35-28.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2009, 12:59 PM   #22
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I was in my Toledo Dynasty in NCAA 08 vs. Purdue. Down 35-7 at halftime. I get the ball back 2nd half and hit my WR for an 80yrd TD get and interception and run it back for a TD. Now it's 35-21 and I'm back in the game with all the momentum. I stop them and drive down for another TD 35-28. In the 4th they kick a FG and are winning 38-28. I hit my WR again for a long TD 38-35. They are driving and miss a 48yrd FG. I have the ball with :40 left or so and I hit my WR again for another long TD final score Toledo 42 Purdue 38. I think I set a school record for passing yards in a game with like 440 yards. The rest of my non conference schedule didn't go as well as I lost to Ohio St., Boston College, and Boisie St. finishing the season 9-3 winning the MAC championship and the Motor City Bowl

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:36 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

I was losiing to my friend 24-0 at the end of the first quarter. I was Kentucky and he was FSU. I kill him almost every game, but this game I kept throwing pick after pick. Anyways I settled down played my game, and ended up coming back to win 33-30. On his last drive he went to go throw to the hook on Z Spot. I read it, and stepped in front with my safety to pick it off. That was his only thrown interception of the game compared to my 5. I have no idea how I won that game when I got killed in the turnover game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »