Home

Whats the closest game youve ever been in?

This is a discussion on Whats the closest game youve ever been in? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2009, 09:34 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: Whats the closest game youve ever been in?

Last night, I had an amazing game with Middle Tennessee State. I was facing Troy, at home. I was getting murdered, and rightfully so, going into the 4th quarter, 30-7. 1st play of the 4th quarter, I was getting desperate, so I threw up a bomb to Cannon. He caught it, and next play, I went with Ace formation Streaks. Threw it up to Cannon, again, and he caught it for the TD. I got the 2 PT conversion. I forced a punt on defense, and then threw up 3 straight Hail Mary's. 1st one, got sacked. Last 2, incomplete. 4th and 15, I decided to try to catch Troy off guard. I ran it, straight up the middle. 68 yard run for the TD. I got the 2 point conversion, again. Troy was running down the clock, until I forced and recovered a fumble, on Troys 35 yard line. I went with the option, and Tanner broke a 35 yard run. I went for the XP, and boom, tie game. 30-30. Then going back and forth for the 1st 2 OT's, and then I got a TD, and had to go for the 2, and I made it. I then held Troy on 4 straight plays for a turn over on downs. I won the game, 52-44. It was such a good game, well from the 4th quarter on, lol.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2009, 09:56 PM   #26
Rookie

sportsgamer30's Arena

OVR: 8

Thats pretty much luck on the 68 yard up the middle on 4th down. Thats pretty much a prayer.
MLB Twins
NBA Cavs
Old 01-24-2009, 11:20 PM   #27
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

Ole Miss (me) Vs UF(CPU) on Heisman, custom sliders, Second year Dynasty (this was actually the other day) I played UF thinking I was going to lose I start the game out throw to picks then they unleash Harvin om me and they score two touchdowns on me first. Me wanting to just turn off the game I played it out I some how shut this team down completely getting sacks letting them complete short pass but no more yards after that I basically shut them down after the 2 early Td's they don't score in the secong Q and once in the 3th . Well it's about the 4th Q and I'm winning shock in a way and then it happens. UF goes off they start to score left and right I have a HUGE! lead so I'm thinking I'm safe. they score It's tied 42-42 (im like wow) with about 2 mins left in the Q so I run the 2 min drill drive down the field and I reach the goal line. I get sack first play time is running down I'm trying to avoid OT. I pick a passing play with about 40 seconds on the clock my OL forgets to block and I start running for my life I throw a pass in there and my WR cathes it between 3 men. I'm saying I freaking won great game. I kick it off they get about 20 yards time it running down about 20 sec's left Tebow throws a pass and gets about 20 more yards about 13 now and I pick a cover 3 (time is running down) EVERYBODY does what they play callss for them to do besides 2 key players the FS and the ROLB tebow throws a a quick to a Wr running a go where both FS and ROLB Are WAY out of position they slid to the right not left! so he cathes the ball and he runs away from everybody to score. Game now tied at 49. they get the ball in OT I send a blitz and tebow runs right past my man on the edge and throws a strike in the EndZone I get the ball first play my LT forgets he has a job sack second and 18 i throw incomplete pass third down it all ends with an Int. I was made but I was happy *** hell I could have a game like that. I notice that UF score 21 points in the 4th Q alone and I think I score 7 only. that was my closest game.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:49 PM   #28
Rookie

sportsgamer30's Arena

All i have to say is wow and ouch
MLB Twins
NBA Cavs
Old 02-02-2009, 06:11 PM   #29
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

I was Navy and my brother was Wake Forest, beat him in quadruple over time 44-42, i threw the ball i think 9 times the whole game. Had over 400 yds on the ground
Old 02-02-2009, 10:09 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

OK so it didnt show up the first time I posted this, but whatever.

I was playing as Hawaii against Georgia in the first game and first year of my offline dynasty. They didnt have a fullback or a good receiver, so I threw to a fast TE about 28 times. He had a few hundred yards receving. So I got it to 34-35 at the end of the fourth quarter. I throw a few medium passes and go on a ninety yard drive to the three yard line. I start QB Kneeling to run the clock out, because they had gotten so many kick returns for TD's or really long ones at least. With like five seconds left I start smashing the timeout button so I could just kick the feild goal. I had two time outs left.

Well the button never pressed for some reason, and the time ran out and I lost.
That one was dissapointing.

About two hours ago, I kicked a last second 40 yard feild goal at LSU as USF with a freshman kicker. Won 27-24. Thats the second year of my offline dynasty.

I blewout a FCS whoknowswhat team with Georgia haha on Varsity. 111-3. That one was pretty bad. Countless pick 6's and a few hundred receiving yards for knowshon. I scored every time I ran a HB Slip Screen.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:01 AM   #31
Rookie

bo jackson's Arena

OVR: 3

one time i won a game by one point. it was crazy. i've never even heard of anything like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2009, 09:43 PM   #32
Rookie

sportsgamer30's Arena

i have. the guy on the first page said he had a 6-7 game he won. thats even more crazier than yours.
MLB Twins
NBA Cavs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »