Home

Whats the closest game youve ever been in?

This is a discussion on Whats the closest game youve ever been in? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2009, 05:12 PM   #1
Rookie

sportsgamer30's Arena

OVR: 8
Whats the closest game youve ever been in?

Whats the closest game youve ever been in? Whats the biggest blowout youve ever done?Mines when I was using minnesota against usc in the rose bowl and it was 0-0 the hole game but in over time i won 17-14, The biggest blowout was with west virginia 103- 14 against michigan state
MLB Twins
NBA Cavs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #2
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Whats the closest game youve ever been in?

7-6. Hawaii (Me) at Fresno St in year 6 of my offline dynasty. #1 greatest game ever. Biggest blowout vs the cpu: OU (me) vs Nebraska. 112-3 on Heisman with adjusted sliders. I was in the zone that game. Biggest blowout vs a human was on game day on campus one day last semester. I beat a friend of mine 84-14 on a neutral site. Florida (me) at OSU. And the funny part about it was he was a cheeser! Lol.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:36 PM   #3
Rookie

sportsgamer30's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
7-6. Hawaii (Me) at Fresno St in year 6 of my offline dynasty. #1 greatest game ever. Biggest blowout vs the cpu: OU (me) vs Nebraska. 112-3 on Heisman with adjusted sliders. I was in the zone that game. Biggest blowout vs a human was on game day on campus one day last semester. I beat a friend of mine 84-14 on a neutral site. Florida (me) at OSU. And the funny part about it was he was a cheeser! Lol.
7-6! wow that really low.
MLB Twins
NBA Cavs
Old 01-17-2009, 05:16 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

I don't remember the final score, but it was like 41-38 in quadruple OT. I was in my first season as Bama playing against USC in the title game. I was playing with the actual names, but with the original ratings, so when I got to play USC their speed was killing me 'cause Bama's kinda slow. I came back from 21 points down in the fourth quarter and tied it on a touchdown with about 10 seconds to go. Then I would labor for a touchdown in OT. I mean 1st and 10 and I'd get sacked. Then an incompletion on 2nd and 14. Get 12 yards on 3rd down and then go for it on 4th and 2. I'd do this the entire field and finally score. Then they'd get the ball and score on like two friggin' plays. I finally held them to a field goal and then went for it on 4th and goal from the 3. Herbstreit was going all crazy talkin' about it was the best championship game he'd ever seen. It was definitely the best game of NCAA I'd ever played. Sweaty palms. Pounding heart. Expletives yelled at the screen. Euphoria. The works.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:31 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think I remember a game on 03 where I got West Virginia into double overtime with a slightly better than average created school based off of a kids league football team (I was 9 at the time.) WVU didn't score on its possession, and my drive got ended by an interception in the endzone. But apparently, since I tackled the guy who picked it off in the back of the endzone, it was called a safety. Dunno if that was a glitch or if that would really be called a safety i n real life in that situation, but I won 40-38.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2009, 08:16 AM   #6
Rookie

knighthawksfan's Arena

OVR: 24

Mine was ncaa football 07 I had beaten someone 3-0 with the utah and they had michigan state. That was the most turnovers in a game I had ever had in my life. I had 8 turnovers and the guy had 11 turnovers we were fumbling and throwing picks left and right. Geez Ncaa football 07 was not the best college football game of the series. It was the first time I had a 360 too.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:52 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
anyone calling someone a cheeser and they use the gators loses all credit right there....

NBA Live...I got this!
Ncaa 2010 you don't want it!
Madden ...lets get it!
Old 01-17-2009, 04:29 PM   #8
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I've had quite a few close games, a lot in my offline Temple dynasty.

in the 1st season, against Buffalo i won 34-31 after a game-winning FG with under :10 to go. i scored 10 points in the 4th to their 0. had a 33-30 win @ Kent State in OT. lost to Akron 28-25 and beat Ball State 31-29 after Ball State failed a 2-pt conversion to tried ti tie it.

2nd season, another close game with Buffalo. 17-14 win. blew a 14-0 lead in the 4th, but won with a FG with about 2 mins left. won a 3 OT game against Ohio 29-27 after Ohio failed to score on their 2-pt try. nearly upset Penn State but lost 24-22. had a pick six with 5 mins to go and needed the 2-pt to tie, but failed.
in the MAC championship game, I had to play Ball State(who was 12-0 at the time), but lost 27-24 after blowing a 24-10 lead in the 4th,

season 3. seems to be something common, another close game against Buffalo. i win 35-31 after scoring a TD late. won a 3 OT game against a top 15 ranked Utah 48-45. lost to Ohio 24-21 tried to come back but came up short. beat Western Michigan 12-10(yup, 4 FGs). a rematch with Ball State in the MAC Championship, this time i win 21-19.

season 4(now in the ACC) I barely beat a Virginia team that finished 1-11, 14-13. Virginia missed an XP and that was the difference) beat Georgia Tech 31--30 in OT. again because of a missed XP. beat Tennessee 13-10(Tenn finished 6-7). had to face Tennessee again in the Music City Bowl. i win 23-21 in the Bowl game with a FG with 2 mins left.

and finally season 5. this featured tons of close games.
Buffalo, i won 17-14(yet again)
@ Texas, won 44-42. i scored 20 points to Texas's 7 in the 4th, including a TD as time expired to win.
beat Virginia 27-26 because of, you guessed it, a missed XP.
beat Boston College 32-30.
beat Miami 21-18
beat Georgia Tech 34-33 in OT after a missed XP.
lost to Virginia Tech 31-29.
beat Maryland 42-40.
lost to North Carolina 15-13

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »