Home

You know what's really bad about this game/series?

This is a discussion on You know what's really bad about this game/series? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #1
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
You know what's really bad about this game/series?

Is that we're not asking for anything new. 99% of the requests on here are not unrealistic, not things that we've haven't seen before in the past, and we still can't get it. All we basically want is the same type of game we came to know last-gen. It's pretty bad to know that it's January and theres pretty much a 0% chance that '10 for next-gen will be as good as '10 for PS2.

Meh.

Last edited by stoncold32; 01-16-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: You know what's really bad about this game/series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Is that we're not asking for anything new. 99% of the requests on here are not unrealistic, not things that we've haven't seen before in the past, and we still can't get it. All we basically want is the same type of game we came to know last-gen. It's pretty bad to know that it's January and theres pretty much a 0% chance that '10 for next-gen will be as good as '10 for PS2.

Meh.
Agreed. I don't want any new features. I don't even want features that people asked for years ago. I just want them to fix the bugs, starting with the online dynasty transfer bug.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:51 PM   #3
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

The bad thing about NCAA and Madden is that customer expectations are not even close to what is likely to be delivered in the near future.

And I'm not talking about 2010 or 2011... Based on the combined expectations I've seen from the NCAA and Madden communities, I doubt we'll have that caliber of football game until deep into the DX11 generation of consoles which means around 6 years from now using my elementary math skills.

The current consoles have hardware and software limitations that prevent certain in-depth features from being added to the games. Based on history, the DX11 consoles will not have the developed features to be a complete product until at least the third product cycle.

Realistic or pessimistic?
Old 01-16-2009, 06:59 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

Meh.
you're absolutely right. When have we ever asked for something that was drastically new? the majority of requests are the same, year after year, and year after year they get ignored.

I've been asking for an option to choose from which hash to run a 2 point conversion from (because you CAN in real life) since NCAA 98, and 11 years later we still don't have it. Instead we get stupid, "Celebrate with the mascot" baloney. WHO GIVES A CRAP. FIX THE GAMEPLAY. What's more important? Celebrating with the mascot or having a money play that you know will work when run to the wide side on a 2 point try for the national title and you're down by 1 with 14 seconds left?

And the problem is YOU PEOPLE (yes, I said, "you people" :-) ) keep buying it, year after year. 07 was the first time I had bought it since 01, and I was hoping for a better game. Nope.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:01 PM   #5
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm glad you guys agree.

I have a problem with simple stuff like formation subs not being in '10. This has all but been confirmed to not be in. I mean how hard is it to do that? It's not like it requires any one action to trigger another.

I wouldnt count on the next wave of systems to be any better. Nearly every systems first round of games have taken a step backwards since PS1 days. Remember Madden 96 never even came out on PS1, but by Madden 99, that series was really good. Same with PS2, within 2 years though, PS2 was dlivering great games.

Next gen is going on close to 3-4 and no big jump is even in sight IMO

Last edited by stoncold32; 01-16-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2009, 07:11 PM   #6
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
I wouldnt count on the next wave of systems to be any better. Nearly every systems first round of games have taken a step backwards since PS1 days. Remember Madden 96 never even came out on PS1, but by Madden 99, that series was really good. Same with PS2, within 2 years though, PS2 was dlivering great games.

I think middleware is our best hope at any advancement of football games for the next generation of consoles. There has been a lot of research into AI recently by the government and that should trickle down to the gaming industry. There should also be more advancement in animation and physics that help make the experience more realistic on the field.

The in-game features are what I'm concerned about since like you said... we're 4 years in now and can't get formation subs. It's unbelievable to me some of the things that are getting left out of a modern football game.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:19 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

The real issue will always be the limitations of an AI script based engine.

They need to put positional reads into the game based on formations then allow the attributes to determine how the players perform on execution of these reads. Percentage-wise, more skilled players will beat lessor skilled players - but sometimes the lessor team will win at the line of scrimmage or execute a great gameplan and take down the giant. (UF vs Ole Miss or Utah vs Bama)

To watch my center make the wrong block on a off guard run based on whether the defense blitzes is ridiculous. When they blitz, the center will double the DT and allow the LB to walk into the backfield. If the LB is in man or zone, the center will progress to the second level and take the LB out of the play. That's just foolish football.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:20 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
I'm glad you guys agree.

I have a problem with simple stuff like formation subs not being in '10. This has all but been confirmed to not be in. I mean how hard is it to do that? It's not like it requires any one action to trigger another.

I don't really care about "big jumps" when we can't even get formation subs. :-)

BTW, Boomer Sooner, baby!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »