Home

Create a School

This is a discussion on Create a School within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2009, 03:47 AM   #73
Banned

bostonsportsrule's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Create a School

I'm pretty sure, I fear, that if this wasn't already on the table for 2010, it's too late to include it now.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:46 AM   #74
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsportsrule
I'm pretty sure, I fear, that if this wasn't already on the table for 2010, it's too late to include it now.
Adam had said that it was almost in 09. He said they were gonna put it in but they wanted to do it right... They didnt want to put last-gens version in and decided to wait. Hopefully the extra year will give us a next-gen level of CAS for 10. I am very hopeful. If it was as close to making it last year as Adam said then it should def be this year. Again I am very hopeful....

Old 02-23-2009, 01:43 PM   #75
Banned

bostonsportsrule's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeezee12
Adam had said that it was almost in 09. He said they were gonna put it in but they wanted to do it right... They didnt want to put last-gens version in and decided to wait. Hopefully the extra year will give us a next-gen level of CAS for 10. I am very hopeful. If it was as close to making it last year as Adam said then it should def be this year. Again I am very hopeful....

Ooh. I didn't know they were that close on it. Hopefully we do see it then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 03:05 PM   #76
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
I don't know how to start a thread with poll, but I'd like one that asks if people would rather see CAS implented only if it's truly NG or not. Of course like most others here I'd love it to be as in depth as possible, but if that can't happen just port over either Madden's or last gen. The latter may not be ideal, but it would at least keep me happy enough until we get the NG version.
The problem with this situation is you WON'T get a NG version, however CAS is implemented will be how it stays for the game's cycle on this generation of consoles. Comparing NCAA2003 to NCAA2009, the CAS system was virtually untouched for six years.

I can only think of a few changes that were made to CAS in that timespan: they straightened the Denver Broncos style pants stripe, allowed you to name your primary and secondary colors (for spring game) and made all the updated school logos (non-generic) available to use; that's IT. Whatever schools you created in 09, you could go back and create almost identically in 03.

I may be missing a few minor upgrades but there was never a major overhaul/upgrade done to CAS on old gen and if/when it's added the same thing will happen for this generation. And any pleas from the community to upgrade it will be met with "presently all of our resources are focused on areas other than CAS" from the devs and "shut up about CAS, it's already in" from the rest of the community.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:11 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsportsrule
Also, some people are from some places with no FBS teams. I'm from Rhode Island, and while I root for Boston College (as the closest thing)...I'd love to use the University of Rhode Island, or perhaps create a Rhode Island State. People in Montana and the Dakotas, for example, are in the same situation. While CAS may be a waste of time for you, it's not the same view as everyone else. If you don't like the idea, just say you don't, and don't freak out in ALL CAPS.

Lol did you read my post? Because i said it was an accident that it was on. All i wanted to know is why people like this feature so much. You gave me an example that i never thought of, in creating fcs teams
Old 02-24-2009, 04:38 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
The problem with this situation is you WON'T get a NG version, however CAS is implemented will be how it stays for the game's cycle on this generation of consoles. Comparing NCAA2003 to NCAA2009, the CAS system was virtually untouched for six years.

I can only think of a few changes that were made to CAS in that timespan: they straightened the Denver Broncos style pants stripe, allowed you to name your primary and secondary colors (for spring game) and made all the updated school logos (non-generic) available to use; that's IT. Whatever schools you created in 09, you could go back and create almost identically in 03.

I may be missing a few minor upgrades but there was never a major overhaul/upgrade done to CAS on old gen and if/when it's added the same thing will happen for this generation. And any pleas from the community to upgrade it will be met with "presently all of our resources are focused on areas other than CAS" from the devs and "shut up about CAS, it's already in" from the rest of the community.
That jusk makes no sense why couldn't they for now port over a watered down version and then at some point bring in a truly NG version. I understand it didn't change much before, but that doesn't mean the devs have to stick to that way of operating.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:43 PM   #79
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
That jusk makes no sense why couldn't they for now port over a watered down version and then at some point bring in a truly NG version. I understand it didn't change much before, but that doesn't mean the devs have to stick to that way of operating.
I agree, it should work that way but the best indicator of future behavior is past behavior and EA isn't really known for overhauling non-gameplay elements of NCAA. Instead let's just hope EA hits a homerun if/when CAS is implemented instead of a barebones system that'll never get updated.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:47 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 29

you may be right prowler, but that is just sad. I'm starting to believe this feature will get left out again. we haven't really heard a peep from the devs about it on this or other boards and they've been asked repeatedly. I think i'll have to wait for '11

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »