Home

Blocking Kicks/Punts

This is a discussion on Blocking Kicks/Punts within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 01-20-2009, 06:48 PM   #9
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Blocking Kicks/Punts

no you dont need to jts. when you get the second guy from the left and they snap the ball dont touch anything until he takes one or two steps because he takes the perfect angle. then just run into the kicker, dont jump or dive. you do need 94 up speed in my experience. the cpu will audible out if they see you in this and go to a block the best thing to counter this is to come out in regular return and audible to block.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:16 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 12

So far I've blocked 1 kick/punt in all my NCAA games, it was earlier today, I had the CPU backed up to their own goalline and just ran Punt Block, someone broke through the middle and blocked it, then picked it up for the TD.

Since they were backed up to their own goalline, there was a lot less distance to cover, so I don't think it applies to what you were saying, but that's the only time it's ever happened for me.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:35 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSpicer
Haha, nice block. Like I mentioned in the first post, I'm UAB in the dynasty so I doubt I have anyone that's blazing speed, maybe 92 or 93 tops. What do you classify as lightning speed?
Its just luck for me! I find it difficult to get an even semi-consistant method. Just have to line-up an keep trying
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2009, 12:47 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have found out a way to block any FG/PAT. It is kind of cheese I guess because it is unstoppable and there is nothing you can do about it. My friend doesn't even kick FG/PAT anymore because I can block everyone which kind of hurts me more times than not.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:01 AM   #13
Rookie

ShowtimeSpicer's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hskfan4lyfe
I have found out a way to block any FG/PAT. It is kind of cheese I guess because it is unstoppable and there is nothing you can do about it. My friend doesn't even kick FG/PAT anymore because I can block everyone which kind of hurts me more times than not.
Mind sharing?
Old 01-21-2009, 11:07 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

There is a linebacker right off the the right of the NT in the FG block formation. Slide the linebacker up next to the NT almost offsides as close as you can get to the LOS and the NT. If you do this right the Center will pick up your linebacker and leave the NT alone, which enables the NT to rush in and dive automatically to block the kick. The only way to even remotely stop it is if you kick the ball right away, but even then I still get my guy in position to block it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »