Home

Ranked CPU Teams pulling an Arizona State

This is a discussion on Ranked CPU Teams pulling an Arizona State within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 01-23-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Ranked CPU Teams pulling an Arizona State

I was actually reading the 4th quarter comeback thread and a thought struck me: Why do games against high nationally ranked teams, say you are No. 1 Ohio State playing No. 2 Michigan, always seem to be a letdown?

Sure, the other ranked team puts up a good fight for a quarter, perhaps even taking a 10- or 14-point lead, but then, after you fight back, tie the game, it seems like the CPU pulls an Arizona State, withering like a snail diving into a salt shaker.
Any one else notice this?

I play as Georgia (with WRs as TEs…maybe that explains everything), and I went up against undefeated UCLA in the NC. Their QB had thrown like 44 TDs against 5 interceptions—Bradford numbers, though that QB didn’t get any love from the Heisman voters. Anyways, I get a safety and then a field goal, to make it a very futbol-esque 5-0 score, only to see UCLA crush me for two long aerial bombs, making it 14-5. Playing on Heisman, I had thought, “oooh, I’m in for a game.” And I sat up in my chair, then went to work.

I won like 49-12.

Now, similar to the 4th quarter comeback thread, I always seem to get tripped up by the unranked teams. They give me a tough game, seemingly two or three a year. I know UF/Mississippi this year is a great example, and we could toss out Texas Tech/Oklahoma, but do you guys experience the same thing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2009, 12:40 PM   #2
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Ranked CPU Teams pulling an Arizona State

14 - 5 then it ends up at 12 - 49. Nope never experienced this before. So UCLA lost points... Just joking. When I played on AA and heisman I noticed this alot. But since I have been using AuburnAlumni's varsity sliders the game playes a much better game of football. The teams just seem to play closer to their ratings and their abilities. Don't ask me why but it does. It feels like on the other levels the game forces its will on the outcome of a play. Just as an example I am FSU in one of my dynastys and I was playing UNC on the road I was #5 5-0 they were #12 4-1. They had some good players. the game was close the entire game but I won. 35-24. The next week I went to South Bend to play Notre Dame I was #4 6-0 they were #10 5-1. the game was tough and I couldn't get anything going. They played well and beat me by 10. Now if I was to play both of those games in AA or Heisman I prolly would have won both by 3 scores. I have had this game since the release and by trying these sliders I am still able to enjoy this game.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:42 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Ranked CPU Teams pulling an Arizona State

Ha!

that's how good I am! Teams LOSE points when I roll in. Haha

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »