Home

Why can't people lose gracefully?

This is a discussion on Why can't people lose gracefully? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2009, 01:10 PM   #9
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Why can't people lose gracefully?

This is really why I believe all online dynasties should have a recruiting speed rule. It's the only rule that is necessary to balance the playing field for all teams and make actual OVR ratings mean something.

I have a feeling that if your team didn't have 95+ SPD players, you would have lost a game or two in the last three seasons.

I'm in a league right now with absurdly difficult Heisman sliders and haven't lost a game to the CPU in 2 years with a UNLV team rated in the high-60's/low-70's. I only lost one user game due to fumbles in the red zone.

When you win having speed, it feels somewhat cheap. I only have one true burner on my team and I find myself trying NOT to get him the ball just to feel like I earned the victory.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:22 PM   #10
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
This is really why I believe all online dynasties should have a recruiting speed rule. It's the only rule that is necessary to balance the playing field for all teams and make actual OVR ratings mean something.

I have a feeling that if your team didn't have 95+ SPD players, you would have lost a game or two in the last three seasons.

I'm in a league right now with absurdly difficult Heisman sliders and haven't lost a game to the CPU in 2 years with a UNLV team rated in the high-60's/low-70's. I only lost one user game due to fumbles in the red zone.

When you win having speed, it feels somewhat cheap. I only have one true burner on my team and I find myself trying NOT to get him the ball just to feel like I earned the victory.
In the leagues i have played- 95 seems to be the barrier where it starts to get easy. I have had many 92-93 spd/acc backs who are good but like 5 ypc good. Then i'll have a 95+ speed back and its a different world. Much better than a stronger below 95 speed back.

Last edited by dkrause1971; 02-01-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:00 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ok now I admit, I have 2 good RB's they have 97 and 96 speed, but I don't run the option I use USC's playbook because it's what I like to do on offense...my WR's are not fast. My 2nd WR has 87 speed. When I say I was running the ball we're talking I formation HB dive.

Now for the kicker the guy I just played...his starting RB is a 96 overall with 96 speed, his backup has 97 speed...he has a true freshman WR #1 on his depth chart with 99 speed, he had him on the heisman list just throwing it deep...

I took that away and he got mad at me...if he doesn't know how to use his players to maximize what they can do that's his issue. The year before he had an all 99 OL and I literally could not stop him from running he would get a ton of yards every handoff but I still managed to pull out a win, I didn't complain, I thought his line is better than mine so he's manhandling them it's smart to run.

This guy talked total trash to me before this game for 3 days, saying 'this is the best team I've ever had, I got speed now, last year was 3 points and now my team is better"

And for the guy who says anyone with a 65-9 record cheeses, tell me what you think is cheese and I'll tell you if I do that or not, 99% of my games are played with USC so there is no running with the QB, hell my dynasty my QB is a big pocket passer with 65 speed.

Last edited by Mecca; 02-01-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2009, 11:54 PM   #12
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Ok... Whatever decision you make, just try to stay classy. From your responses to us on here you seem like a pretty low-key, mellow guy. If you want to continue in the league and win 4, 5, 6, 7 championships in a row be prepared for people to become angry. It's just human nature.

One of the better players in a league that's on MM signed up with a league, won the first couple of championships, and then resigned to start a more hardcore league with players that were more on his level involvement wise and skill wise, and they have a lot of recruiting rules that my league doesn't have. I thought that was classy move and was very impressed. And with that my involvement in the thread is complete.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:32 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
Ok... Whatever decision you make, just try to stay classy. From your responses to us on here you seem like a pretty low-key, mellow guy. If you want to continue in the league and win 4, 5, 6, 7 championships in a row be prepared for people to become angry. It's just human nature.

One of the better players in a league that's on MM signed up with a league, won the first couple of championships, and then resigned to start a more hardcore league with players that were more on his level involvement wise and skill wise, and they have a lot of recruiting rules that my league doesn't have. I thought that was classy move and was very impressed. And with that my involvement in the thread is complete.
I am pretty mellow, I can accept alot of things, this one guy runs no huddle on me all the time, I think no huddling is pushing the limit of cheesing when you are doing in the middle of games but I don't say much because I can bait him usually.

I don't like a ton of recruiting rules other than say common sense ones. I signed a DE that has 87 speed and I've already been accused of switching positions. This year I signed a OLB with a 4.29 I'm sure someone is going to accuse me of moving a guy when I didn't.

It's no big deal, I think they'll calm down, I just think that guy was so upset because he thought he could beat me and had a poor showing.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #14
Rookie

Shade Shadows's Arena

OVR: 3

Don't worry. I've noticed it to. I'm in an online dynasty with friends. Every time I beat them, I usually have to hear, "It's because of (insert bs)," "This game hates me," "Stupid AI BS!" When I lose, I just congratulate the guy who just beat me and tell him it was a good game. I mean, after all, is that not why we all play this game? To have good, fun-filled games? Why would I want to hear a bunch of complaining after I beat someone? I swear, sometimes I feel like it's not worth it to win my games vs. users, because I get things like, "You play too damn much," and "F you I shoulda won that game." Sigh. It's ok to be disappointed when you lose. It's only natural. However, whining and insulting the winner is just classless and stupid. I wish people would learn how to lose.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:13 PM   #15
Rookie

bo jackson's Arena

quit patting yourself on the back and kick the ball deep if your winning by 40. also no one gives two craps about the inner workings of your dynasty. you dont need to post a page with scenarios and examples and ask for intrpretations from people that dont care. you just wanted to say that they think your good. so you play in a dynasty with a bunch of guys that suck at the gamen we get it. how original. so shut your damn mouth and go jerk off to your formation subs, you needy little douchebag.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2009, 05:31 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo jackson
. so shut your damn mouth and go jerk off to your formation subs, you needy little douchebag.
hahahaa

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »