Home

Ability to watch OD User Games

This is a discussion on Ability to watch OD User Games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2009, 08:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Ability to watch OD User Games

Not sure If OMT will see this one, but here goes...

I'm involved in a heavily active, 8-team OD with a group of friends. We all chose teams in one conference in order to maximize the number of user/user games. Being in the same conference makes every game important and every game count. Plus, we are mostly recruiting against each other for the same players. It's a huge challenge and a lot of fun for the even the most jaded gamers in our group.

My request is something our OD has been openly discussing. The ability for other OD players to watch a user/user game would be great! I'm not certain this is an EA matter, or whether this would need to be addressed on the XBOX Live platform? This would be a fantastic feature. Many user/user games are very intriguing to the other players, who can only look at saved replays and box scores of important league games.

Any thoughts/comments??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2009, 09:57 AM   #2
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Ability to watch OD User Games

I would love that. Im also in a very active dynasty where everyone is interested in everything that goes on. It would be awesome and would help prevent cheesing. Or at least start a lot of arguments about it haha.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:30 AM   #3
EA Game Changer

gschwendt's Arena

OVR: 12

Until EA starts hosting the actual games on their servers, it won't happen. As is right now, the home team is the one that hosts the game... unless they had a really big beefy internet connection, they couldn't handle multiple connections.

One thing they could possibly do is what MLB09 is doing and have a 2D Gamecast, maybe even include the broadcasters audio.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:32 AM   #4
Rookie

We try to play a game/day in our dynasty. It works out to about 4/5 games per week. But everybody is in different locations, so it would be great if everybody could log in and watch big games(also rag on teams that are getting blown out).
Old 02-06-2009, 01:37 AM   #5
Rookie

dirtycashdylan's Arena

Hey Bdawg, I think I'm in Cozy's OD with you. I built FAU but now play as Fresno State. Recognized your name.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2009, 04:46 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

This has been discussed in at least a couple different threads before. I am 100% for it, and not just for online dynasty games. For any online games. I play in a big online league and there a plenty of big exciting games that I'd love to be able to watch. I have also said that I'd be more than willing to pay extra for this feature, if EA wanted to make it some type of DLC for a small one-time fee ($10-20). I know just about everyone in my league and dynasty would feel the same way. That would help pay for any extra server space or whatever is needed to implement this feature.

I don't know much about network technology, so at the risk of sounding stupid, I propose something along the lines of this: the real game would be streamed to a "parallel" server, where a certain number of users (let's say up to 10) would be able to watch the game essentially live (maybe there would be a several second delay, but more or less live). This way the spectators could not affect the performance of the actual game itself.

I'm getting ahead of myself now, but what would be really sweet would be the ability for spectators to choose their camera angle and voice chat with other spectators while watching. Maybe I'm a bigger loser than most, but I can't think of many online features I would want more than this. Being able to watch a big league playoff game while talking to other league members on the headset would be heaven.

Again, I would be more than willing to pay an optional fee to enable such a feature. This would also help keep the spectator mode servers from getting too busy, because only those who paid for the service would be able to a) host "spectatable" game and b) spectate others' games. So once you paid for the service, there would be some way to indicate that you had it (maybe a little TV icon by your name in the lobbies or team select screen online). Then you would be able to host games that others could watch, or watch anyone elses games who had paid for the spectator service.

If EA implemented something like this, I would be right back on their bandwagon. But I'm not holding my breath certainly.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:59 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLittleBabies
This has been discussed in at least a couple different threads before. I am 100% for it, and not just for online dynasty games. For any online games. I play in a big online league and there a plenty of big exciting games that I'd love to be able to watch. I have also said that I'd be more than willing to pay extra for this feature, if EA wanted to make it some type of DLC for a small one-time fee ($10-20). I know just about everyone in my league and dynasty would feel the same way. That would help pay for any extra server space or whatever is needed to implement this feature.

I don't know much about network technology, so at the risk of sounding stupid, I propose something along the lines of this: the real game would be streamed to a "parallel" server, where a certain number of users (let's say up to 10) would be able to watch the game essentially live (maybe there would be a several second delay, but more or less live). This way the spectators could not affect the performance of the actual game itself.

I'm getting ahead of myself now, but what would be really sweet would be the ability for spectators to choose their camera angle and voice chat with other spectators while watching. Maybe I'm a bigger loser than most, but I can't think of many online features I would want more than this. Being able to watch a big league playoff game while talking to other league members on the headset would be heaven.

Again, I would be more than willing to pay an optional fee to enable such a feature. This would also help keep the spectator mode servers from getting too busy, because only those who paid for the service would be able to a) host "spectatable" game and b) spectate others' games. So once you paid for the service, there would be some way to indicate that you had it (maybe a little TV icon by your name in the lobbies or team select screen online). Then you would be able to host games that others could watch, or watch anyone elses games who had paid for the spectator service.

If EA implemented something like this, I would be right back on their bandwagon. But I'm not holding my breath certainly.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:20 AM   #8
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Even if we had to watch it from sideline view like you would watch a CPU vs CPU game on last gen would help. Very good ideas about needing to be able to chat too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »