Home

Gentlemen, this is what EA is telling you is "impossible"

This is a discussion on Gentlemen, this is what EA is telling you is "impossible" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2009, 01:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Gentlemen, this is what EA is telling you is "impossible"

If not with their words, then with their actions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc4wfc3BGl0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyobHf3C3mo

A unique tackling engine. And, god forbid, fumble pileups! It's a shame no one else can license the teams. This looks fantastic. And it's still in BETA. I can't understand why EA, the largest publisher other than Activision/Blizzard, can't do this with NCAA when some other company can do it without the funding that comes with a big-name football game. Can someone explain that for me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2009, 01:19 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Gentlemen, this is what EA is telling you is "impossible"

backbreaker prollly isn't comin out brah...and i think ea was havin talks with natural motion but i'm not for sure
Old 02-08-2009, 01:21 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

backbreaker is still a tech demo mann...... they've been working on it for like 3 years already.....

its most likely not gonna come out at all.....

and if it does, its either going to break barriers or fail miserably...

at least EA releases a somewhat quality game each and every year....

granted they dont have 300 people teams, and NASA equipment... so i think we need to cut them some slack.... lets just hope that they make the game more hardcore than cupcakey...
Old 02-08-2009, 01:24 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan
backbreaker is still a tech demo mann...... they've been working on it for like 3 years already.....

its most likely not gonna come out at all.....

and if it does, its either going to break barriers or fail miserably...

at least EA releases a somewhat quality game each and every year....

granted they dont have 300 people teams, and NASA equipment... so i think we need to cut them some slack.... lets just hope that they make the game more hardcore than cupcakey...
In late 2008 they released footage of a working version of the game engine. All I'm saying is that if a small-time company like naturalmotion can do this, then why isn't it reasonable to expect the second-largest game publisher on planet earth to be able to do something similar? It's just absurd.

EDIT: Also, here's their twitter page. Not gonna be finished? They updated a day ago.

http://twitter.com/backbreaker

Last edited by KingDeDeDe; 02-08-2009 at 01:32 AM.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:33 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

i feel ya mann..... maybe they just dont want to restart with the tech or they just dont wanna spend the extra cash.....

if they get a new publisher and engine, then they have to start over from scratch..... that most likely means no extra features, just bare bottom stuff with out of this world gameplay.... then in two or three years they would finally catch up..

but i dont know..... im just hoping for the best that ncaa 10 is coming out with... its a very exitting time......

finally releasing info.. ive been waiting for these days for a while now actually... and then once 2010 comes, im sure well ll have suggestions for 2011 lol.......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2009, 02:19 AM   #6
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDeDeDe
In late 2008 they released footage of a working version of the game engine. All I'm saying is that if a small-time company like naturalmotion can do this, then why isn't it reasonable to expect the second-largest game publisher on planet earth to be able to do something similar? It's just absurd.

EDIT: Also, here's their twitter page. Not gonna be finished? They updated a day ago.

http://twitter.com/backbreaker
NaturalMotion is a middleware company, not a game development studio. If you think they are going to change their business model then you are delusional.

They have great software for animators and hopefully can keep progressing in that field.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:35 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
NaturalMotion is a middleware company, not a game development studio. If you think they are going to change their business model then you are delusional.

They have great software for animators and hopefully can keep progressing in that field.
If you aren't aware, developers aren't given the funding or the time to do something unless the publisher green lights it. Obviously, they haven't. If EA was really interested in giving the best football game product that they could, then it would be no problem to give their developers the okay to make an engine like this.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #8
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

As nice as the game looks (and it looks very nice), I'm not holding my breath until they release 11-on-11 gameplay footage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »