Home

OMT, All stadiums in for 2010?

This is a discussion on OMT, All stadiums in for 2010? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2009, 01:13 AM   #49
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: OMT, All stadiums in for 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I remember doing this with the new UCF stadium on NCAA 08. We switched to the generic stadium and got a lot of "the New UCF Stadium is in!" comments in response to promotional screenshots.
Well, in our case, I think we(and you guys as well I suppose) were lucky because our stadium is very similar to the generic open stadium you use. For those who haven't seen it:

I know for me, as someone that follows sports and UCF very closely, I was able to notice the subtle differences but it was close enough that it didn't really matter. For Minnesota, I don't think I would be very happy if they had that generic open-air bowl that has been used in 08 and 09. Now, if you had a generic stadium that was at least similar to the design(open ended horseshoe-ish), then I think it would be well received just as the one for UCF was.

NFL:
Jacksonville Jaguars
MLB:
St. Louis Cardinals
NBA:
Orlando Magic
NCAA: UCF Knights
Old 02-11-2009, 01:14 AM   #50
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Here's a list of some neutral site games already announced for 2009:

Sep. 4 Virginia Tech vs. Alabama---Atlanta, GA
Sep. 5 Oklahoma vs. BYU---Arlington, TX
Sep. 5 Missouri vs. Illinois---St. Louis, MO
Sep. 19 Ohio St. vs. Toledo---Cleveland, OH
Oct. 3 Iowa St. vs. Kansas St.---Kansas City, MO
Oct. 3 Texas A&M vs. Arkansas---Dallas, TX
Nov. 7 Michigan St. vs. W. Michigan ----Detroit, MI
Nov. 28 Kansas vs. Missouri----Kansas City, MO
Old 02-11-2009, 01:25 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Definitely go with the generic open air stadium for Minnesota.

On another subject, will there be endzone art for Bowl games?
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2009, 02:42 PM   #52
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I know... but we don't have a generic dome stadium. That's why Alamo Dome has been open so far.
I hope the Rogers Centre is real this year.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:17 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

They've never had the baseball stadiums. Those have always been generic. The Emerald Bowl, and the Insight Bowl when it was at the BOB before moving to Sun Devil Stadium, were always these weird looking outdoor things that had metal frames around it like there was supposed to be a roof, but wasn't...at least on last gen. Now they're just regular generic ones. Don't hold your breath on the Trop or Skydome...errr, Rogers Centre. They probably won't even have all the schools home stadiums yet, which is completely unacceptable.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:19 PM   #54
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

OMT i really hope you guys took a look at stadium capacity during games. It was really annoying to see stadiums that hold 60K+ filled to capacity for teams like Temple, Tulane, etc.(weak teams) I remember in the old NCAA games stadiums would be half full or virtually empty for weak teams.

Last edited by JayD; 02-11-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:16 PM   #55
Pro

Cane_Mutiny's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Sure. Because both stadiums are owned by the city of Miami. We have to secure a seperate licensing agreements for stadiums that are not owned by a school. We have the same issue with the Rose Bowl, Cotton Bowl, and Citrus Bowl. But we also have agreements with several other cities (Hawaii Bowl, Reliant Stadium, Ford Field, Lincoln Financial, Louisiana Superdome, Pitt, Music City Bowl, Raymond James... a bunch).

Why don't we have that agreement? I personally don't know. Its not that we don't want them. So if you want this changed, call city hall!
I see, thanks for the info. Dolphin Stadium is actually owned by Wayne Huizenga, but I'd guess that guy's just about as difficult to deal with as the city! Thanks again.

ALSO: I really liked an idea that I read a while ago from someone to have all of the pro stadiums in the game available as neutral sites. Since Madden and NCAA run on the same engine, it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to import some of the Madden stadiums into NCAA. Is this idea feasible?

Last edited by Cane_Mutiny; 02-11-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #56
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cane_Mutiny
I see, thanks for the info. Dolphin Stadium is actually owned by Wayne Huizenga, but I'd guess that guy's just about as difficult to deal with as the city! Thanks again.

ALSO: I really liked an idea that I read a while ago from someone to have all of the pro stadiums in the game available as neutral sites. Since Madden and NCAA run on the same engine, it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to import some of the Madden stadiums into NCAA. Is this idea feasible?
Probably but I think they'd still have to license it separate. I know CH2K8 had like 8 NBA stadiums which served as sites for the tourney and for neutral stuff, it was great. The only NFL stadiums they really need are the ones that are played in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »