Home

Question about Nickel 1-5-5 Package

This is a discussion on Question about Nickel 1-5-5 Package within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Question about Nickel 1-5-5 Package

Does OL AI pick up on this package well enough? I've tried practicing against it and it seems like there is always a gap because one of my OL is hiding directly behind another OL and never picks up a block.

Any tips on how to move the ball and/or what approach to take when lining up against it?

Thanks in advance. I've had more trouble with this than anything else but I haven't seen it a whole lot either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2009, 02:49 PM   #2
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Question about Nickel 1-5-5 Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
Does OL AI pick up on this package well enough? I've tried practicing against it and it seems like there is always a gap because one of my OL is hiding directly behind another OL and never picks up a block.

Any tips on how to move the ball and/or what approach to take when lining up against it?

Thanks in advance. I've had more trouble with this than anything else but I haven't seen it a whole lot either.
It should be banned in all dynasties cuz it breaks the ol/dl interaction imo. There is no "suction". I consider it a cheesy d so when someone runs it I call counters, tosses and draws since the lbs will overpursue alot. For passes call a few pa wr slants, drags and crossing routes. the middle is almost guaranteed to be open

Old 02-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #3
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
It should be banned in all dynasties cuz it breaks the ol/dl interaction imo. There is no "suction". I consider it a cheesy d so when someone runs it I call counters, tosses and draws since the lbs will overpursue alot. For passes call a few pa wr slants, drags and crossing routes. the middle is almost guaranteed to be open
334, would you consider installing a house rule where there should be a 3 DL formation at all times? I'm trying to nix all the cheesey formations I can. People who simply look for a hole in the game as their only way of playing D or O sucks and I can't stand it. That's not football.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:11 PM   #4
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

No. Id just rule out the 1-5-5 and nano blitzing unless its called engage 8. 4-3 and 5-2 are perfectly legal. Spreading out the line with more than 3 down on a blitz is a bit cheesish too imo. Cuz it completely prevents your line to be able to pick up the blocks. If a guy only sends 5 and your hb is still in the backfield blocking then its 6 on 5. With a decent line you should be able to pick up the blitz most of the time. But if a guy spreads his line out with 4 down on a blitz or is in the 1-5-5 and drops his down lineman and rushes his 5 lbs you better believe that at least one will get through

Old 02-10-2009, 03:13 PM   #5
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

My fault, I meant a 3 DL minimum at all times. Left part of it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #6
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
My fault, I meant a 3 DL minimum at all times. Left part of it out.
O. Ok. The 2-4-5 is legal. Since it dosnt have any plays with all 4lbs blitzing. That would have to be audibled. But that audible would kinda apply to the 1-5-5's principles. But I wouldnt rule it out since I have actually seen it called in a game. I have never seen the 1-5-5 in a real game

Old 02-12-2009, 02:56 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I play a multiple D so that formation is in my defense but I don't use it very often...I'd tell you to run against it, as someone who's used the formation you can usually rip off runs against it.

If someone keeps no huddling I'll use it then I think it's fair then..truth is the formation screws with people because they always pause for a moment like "uh what is that"
Old 02-12-2009, 11:37 AM   #8
Rookie

dex26-'s Arena

OVR: 4

The 1-5-5 defense is trash and is so easy to pass on. I used the Multi D when i 1st started playing the game which was about 2 months ago, then i learned more about the game, how to get pressure, learned alot of things.

Now i play 3-3-5. Theres alot more you can do with it, this is the defense where you can be the creative the most. Theres a Linebacker rush in there, in which you will can have 1 DT and 5 linebackers, send 4 backers and a saftey off the edge. Its all and how you slant and reroute a few players, i can usually get 2 of my guys untouched in the backfield for a sack. There are alot of plays like this in the 3-3-5.

People say its bad vs the run but they are wrong. Usually i make on average of 13 TFL per game. Theres some plays out of the stack and across where you can sub out and show blitz and it looks like you are running a 4-3 or a nickle, it looks like you have 4 d-linemen. They are right on the line. Its probably the best pressure defense. You just have to have good stick skills and be able to cover deep.

I remember my last online game, which was yesterday. He ran a 1-5-5, i think in the 2nd quarter, i could tell right off the bat. I'm sure it was the cover sink play. So i just threw one deep up to Heyward Bey, it was a easy touchdown. Don't think he ran that anymore. He wound up leaving in the 4th qtr when i was up 28-3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »