Home

How do you online guys stay sane?

This is a discussion on How do you online guys stay sane? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
How do you online guys stay sane?

So I'm mostly an offline vs CPU sim gamer, but I'm always up for a challenge if a friend or someone wants to play NCAA or Madden. But I always stay away from "online matches" because I know what to expect going in and don't like that garbage gameplay.

So today I decided that since I'm home I'll hop on Online Ranked matches for the first time in NCAA 09 and see how it plays.

Game 1: Injured Texas starting HB in 1st quarter, user quits
Game 2: Up 21-6 in 1st quarter, user quits
Game 3: Shut down offense, get INT, score on next play, user quits

Game 4: Cheeser with FSU, shut down for 3 quarters including most of his gimmick plays but he played good pressure defense to stay in the game. Got a kick return for TD to get within a possession and then used Parker at QB virtually every other play for the rest of the game including a TD with 30 sec left, I missed FG as time expired and lost 21-20. Even though it felt like a cheese game with no punts from the other team and WR's at QB, I played it straight and actually enjoyed the game.

Game 5: Up 14-0 in 1st qtr, user quits

So I'm 5 games into this process after 2 hours and I'm left with a 0-1 record and a minimal sense of enjoyment...

HOW DO YOU PEOPLE ENJOY THIS?

I can't imagine how people have 500 games finished online... do you just play friends and if so, why not play Unranked games on Heisman instead of Ranked on AA? It would be impossible for me to get that many games finished online with the number of classless people out there.

So for those online gamers, HOW?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2009, 02:32 PM   #2
Rookie

dex26-'s Arena

OVR: 4
Re: How do you online guys stay sane?

Yeah its been the same for me this past week, i've played 4 games in total, almost 5. The 5th game a storm came and power flickered so i had to turn some things off.

Anyways, 1st game it was a legit game, both of us had headsets i shut him out all the way up to the 4th qtr winning 49-0. Glad he never left, usually if you both have headsets and talk the user won't leave. I won 56-14.

2nd game, played a guy from my dynasty in a quick online game, i was winning 21-3 in the 4th, he wound up leaving. I'm sure he will leave the dynasty too

3rd game was against some random girl, some wierd LSU name, thought it was a guy but they had a headset and it was a girl. I did a mercy quit cause i was up 28 at half.

Then i had another guy leave at half time. Since my power went out, i went 2-1 for the week, when i should probably be 5-0, i think i could of beaten that guy.
Online play can be very annoying but fun if you find the right people and if they have headsets.

I usually just try to stick with my online dynastys, you will find less cheesing, more people will stay and you will find more legit straight shooters.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #3
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9

If you look hard enough you get good games with people. I edited my quick messages "85 under real football" and I get quite a few good games that way. I have another one if I wanna piss off some cheesers "Michigan vs Any", I would say about 80% of the guys who respond to that are cheesey.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:02 PM   #4
Rookie

dex26-'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special27K
If you look hard enough you get good games with people. I edited my quick messages "85 under real football" and I get quite a few good games that way. I have another one if I wanna piss off some cheesers "Michigan vs Any", I would say about 80% of the guys who respond to that are cheesey.

Thats a good idea, i think i might try that because i just got stuck in a game Florida vs OSU. I usually pick maryland unless they pick a power team. I knew this was going to be a cheeser by the sound of his voice at the team selection screen. Was like a 8 year old kid.

1st he started with no subs and kept beckman in, he couldn't do anything, he would run 15 yards back everytime but he had heat in his face all day, i sacked him 2 times and picked him off. Then got a saftey. So then he gets mad and puts in pryor. Scrambles around all day, my safteys can't even tackle him for some reason. They get to him in 3 seconds every time but they miss the tackle every time? So then he continues to scramble around even though i have both my ends in contain (never works) and he finds guys open.

He comes back on me, only because he would run around with pryor, then i finally stop him in the 2nd over-time winning 29-28.

I can't stand kids like that. He acted like that is how you play football. "I'm not cheesing" "I know real football" Blah blah blah.

I think i will try that quick message, see how that works out.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

If they quit i just super sim to the end of the game and take my win...it is what it is...that's backfired before as i have ended up losing (lol)...but once they start bringing out the cheap crap...I get real heated...and decide i'll match em and then try to beat them senseless...if anyone uses the gators...I already know what time it is...so i'm pulling out all the stops...that don't mean i'm chzing but i'm trying all i got in my playbook to win...high risk to high reward...haha

NBA Live...I got this!
Ncaa 2010 you don't want it!
Madden ...lets get it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2009, 09:01 PM   #6
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrickNole
If they quit i just super sim to the end of the game and take my win...it is what it is...that's backfired before as i have ended up losing (lol)...but once they start bringing out the cheap crap...I get real heated...and decide i'll match em and then try to beat them senseless...if anyone uses the gators...I already know what time it is...so i'm pulling out all the stops...that don't mean i'm chzing but i'm trying all i got in my playbook to win...high risk to high reward...haha
I play with uf and dont cheese. young j 334

Old 02-12-2009, 09:17 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 9

The only thing I dislike is the response from people who freak out if you offer a friendly quit the first time they go for it on 4th and 12 from their own 30 or decide to go for a 2-pt conversion when leading 6-0...most often they said brilliant **** like "u scurred..." or "u r *****"...lol...

The real reason is because I have already played that EXACT game too many times and it ends in a quit or a waste or time or both.

I got to a point now where I will just offer the quit and if they decline I just quit anyway and move on....makes my DNF % look bad but saves me tons of time and headaches now...
Old 02-12-2009, 10:18 PM   #8
Rookie

dex26-'s Arena

I did the quick message like you said, here is what happened.

The most funny thing happened earlier. I was tired of cheesers, so i said teams only 85 and under, so i played this level 5, we both had headsets, he was miami and i was Maryland.

1st starts out, i get the ball march down the field and score, taking off 4 minutes of the clock. He gets the ball, 1st play QB sack. 2nd play, QB sack, fumble for a TD.

Up 14-0, he gets the ball back, goes 3 and out and its 4th and like like 18. He winded up quiting at half time, saying i can't play good with lower ranked teams, i can only play with florida.

I finished at half time (draining the clock each time i had the ball) 21-0 with 6 sacks and 1 INT. He had -39 rushing and like 80 total yards of offense. With the last 2 minutes of the 2nd quarter he was so mad that he would just kneel the ball till we reached half and he conceded defeat. It was awesome

It was so funny when he just gave up and started running the ball backwards and doing kneeldowns to end the half. My 335 defense tore him up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »