Home

My team just got exposed...dang

This is a discussion on My team just got exposed...dang within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2009, 02:39 PM   #1
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8
My team just got exposed...dang

Currently I have a dynasty going with FIU. I've been slowly building them into a contender. I finished 7-6 in 2008, 9-5 in 2009(1st year in C-USA), and was 4-1 in my 2010 season. My 2010 FIU team is by far the strongest I've had on this game and had been averaging just about 45 points a game. It was looking like my team was UNSTOPPABLE and just hitting it's stride(the game had gotten easy). At the beginning of the season, I made the decision the schedule Florida State in effort to schedule one of Florida's Big 3 each season(at their place).

SO ON TO THE GAME...

Ok so going into the FSU game, I thought I had a good chance to blow these boys out and end the game early. Going into the game, FSU was 3-3 and was just coming off a 31-7 loss at Miami. FSU just hadn't been looking good at all. On my side of the ball, I had built up a good defense, and finally had decent players on my offense. So I start the game and kick the ball off to the Seminoles. They get decent return. All of a sudden Christian Ponder drops back( I think 2nd down) and throws a strike acroos the middle to Burt Reed...he breaks a couple tackles and he is GONE. I think to myself ok, we still got this. I get the ball and have to punt. Whatever I do, FSU just reacts. Ok so they get the ball back....ANOTHER quick score...WTF!?
So at this point the score is 14-0 and I'm looking like "WTF?" I get the ball back determined to score. I get a couple of good runs out of my RB and acouple of quick strikes from my QB and we're inside the FSU redzone. While we're in the redzone...I call a PA pass, my QB rolls out but FSU has EVERYTHING covered, I take off to the end zone and just as I get to the goal line, my QB Wayne Younger, fumbles the ball over to the Noles...I'm pissed...lucklily Ponder threw an INT and and we scored real quick after that...14-7...ok so I kick a couple of field goals and FSU scores 1 or 2 more times(I can't remember) so the core is like 21-16 or 28-16 at the half.
So I'm tryna think of things I can do to turn the tide in this game. It didn't matter, In the 2nd half, FSU decided to put a foot in my teams azz. Whatever I did, FSU responded. It seemed like EVERY player on FSU's defense decided that they wanted to make the BIGGEST hits possible. It got to the point to where my TE DROPPED like 6 passes, my RB just couldn't find ANY space, and the FSU RB ran for about 220 yards, included a run where he broke like 4 tackles on the way to a fluke score with about a minute left to play...the final was 62-22...That was probably realistic for an FIU(rated 70) vs. FSU(rated in the 90's) game, but damn. I have never taken an azz whoopin like that. My players couldn't keep up speed wise...I was in SHOCK...and what really sucked is that I had beten some ranked teams BEFORE playing the UNRANKED Seminoles. We got exposed as a BCS pretender...

Oh well, back to the easy part of my schedule...and hopefully run the table and bring in some more recruits.

Last edited by TallyBoi7; 02-12-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2009, 02:44 PM   #2
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: My team just got exposed...dang

That sounded like a fun game never the less. I like it when a team shows me who my team really is. We always think our team can beat the big boys and sometimes we do and other times we get hammered. Great write up.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:53 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Same here, although it seems to frustrate me a lot. In my third year with Baylor in an online dynasty.

Last year I was 8-0 and I was feeling pretty good beating ranked Kansas and Nebraska. Then I lose the last 5 games of the year. Getting blown out by Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma (those 3 I STILL haven't beaten in 3 years) and Oklahoma state, plus losing a game to one of the other users on there.

Game definitely put me in my place.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:02 PM   #4
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjphillips
That sounded like a fun game never the less. I like it when a team shows me who my team really is. We always think our team can beat the big boys and sometimes we do and other times we get hammered. Great write up.
Yeah it was pretty fun, yet VERY frustrating. It has gotten me more interested in the game. Next season I'm gonna schedule Miami and then Florida the following season. I was gonna add USF, but I beat them the previous season, and since that loss, they have been terrible.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:15 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

congrats to you for not hitting the reset button. i once was trailing like 42 to 14 in a game, and got it back to like 49-42, but then i just fell apart and ended up losing by like 20+ points. oh it was a high scoring affair!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »