Home

Out Routes...

This is a discussion on Out Routes... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2009, 05:04 PM   #1
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15
Out Routes...

Am I the only one that finds Out Patterns extremely difficult to get the QB to throw the ball in the right spot?? These patterns have literally cost me 4 OD games in the past couple of weeks. I mean....The WR or TE is WIDE OPEN....like 3 to 5 steps in front of the DB....yet I cannot get the QB to throw the ball in front of the receiver....it is almost always thrown 2 to 3 yards INSIDE the receiver....almost as if the QB thinks the DB is on offense....and they tend to go pick 6 style. I tell the QB to lead to the outside....so if he misses way outside that would be fine....but WAY INSIDE is getting me so frustrated that I feel I cannot control the outcome of the game.

What can I do to get the QB to realize to throw the ball to where only the WR can get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2009, 07:11 PM   #2
Banned

MtneerManiac's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Out Routes...

It's meant to be like that. It's that awesome EA logic in the game. That's fun! Really, it is. You just don't know fun. EA knows fun. That's why they bought exclusive rights to the NCAA.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:07 PM   #3
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerg1234
Am I the only one that finds Out Patterns extremely difficult to get the QB to throw the ball in the right spot?? These patterns have literally cost me 4 OD games in the past couple of weeks. I mean....The WR or TE is WIDE OPEN....like 3 to 5 steps in front of the DB....yet I cannot get the QB to throw the ball in front of the receiver....it is almost always thrown 2 to 3 yards INSIDE the receiver....almost as if the QB thinks the DB is on offense....and they tend to go pick 6 style. I tell the QB to lead to the outside....so if he misses way outside that would be fine....but WAY INSIDE is getting me so frustrated that I feel I cannot control the outcome of the game.

What can I do to get the QB to realize to throw the ball to where only the WR can get it.
Out routes are hard. You have to throw the ball the instant your WR makes the break to the sideline. If you wait too long the DB will catch up. Also, don't be afraid to lob the ball and lead the reciever to the sideline.

You may want to perfect the corner route using the above technique before doing the out.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:56 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 24

Your better off using the drag route so the WR has more time to separate from the DB. After years of the out route being too easy, now its pretty hard and generally not worth the risk for a few yards.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:28 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I find the only time i can time them right is in the red zone. When i try to run one normally it never works...you just have to time the receivers turn perfectly, like someone mentioned above...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2009, 09:36 AM   #6
Rookie

yes out routes are hard to complete...no doubt about it...Unless you got a LB on a HB i wouldn't bother throwing that...cause it can and will get picked...and if you try to lead them usually you lead them to far or have 2 much air under the ball....have to be super careful when throwing them!

NBA Live...I got this!
Ncaa 2010 you don't want it!
Madden ...lets get it!
Old 02-15-2009, 01:23 PM   #7
Rookie

I usually have good success with the out route. the first thing usually is you have to have a strong armed qb (92+). The way i have found success with it is when doing the lead the wr thing, instead of just leading them out, lead them out and up, I have found that doing that gets them to lead better, and i have a lot less of the ones where they lead them inside and the WR just gets anialated.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:23 PM   #8
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Yeah, out routes suck on next-gen. They still work on last gen though, surprisingly enough.

Who wants to bet they dont get fixed this year?

And who else wants to bet that if you have a WR crossing over the middle on a dig route and the TE is underneath that the TE will still jump up and snag the pass you threw to you WR, will still be in the game next year. That drives me up the wall. Thanks EA!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »