Home

NCAA Negativity

This is a discussion on NCAA Negativity within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are People Too Critical of NCAA '09?
Yes - people are overly critical 47 37.60%
No - the responses are fair 60 48.00%
NO - people are too lenient with EA 18 14.40%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-17-2009, 12:07 PM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
NCAA Negativity

The NCAA forums have largely been full of negativity and sarcasm towards the game for the last couple years. I can certainly understand people being upset over issues with the game and stating their thoughts. However, there are some people that have hated this game for a long time and I don't know if they will ever like it. I think some of the venom goes over the line as well. I do think people should try to keep an open mind going into this year's game.

So, without this getting to be a heated conversation, you can simply vote as to whether the criticism is justified or overboard. I'd be curious to see the results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2009, 12:19 PM   #2
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA Negativity

I like the people that play as much as they complain. They love to hate NCAA. Or do they hate to love it?
Old 02-17-2009, 12:26 PM   #3
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

LOL...people want features upon features and when things dont work the way they want them to they go crazy...its just a game.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

People aren't overly critical of NCAA 09 because the game is borderline unplayable until you handicap your efforts in recruiting and playcalling.

People ARE overly critical of NCAA 10 without any knowledge of how the game will play.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #5
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Or conversely; its a product that we are buying and all of us know it can be better. I dont think there is anything wrong with wanting a better game when all of us know it is possible. Some criticism is fair. Some is nitpicking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2009, 01:29 PM   #6
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10

think there can be varying degrees of negativity. When it's an engine based flaw or glitch then I can understand some negativity if slider adjustments cannot help mask part of the flaw. But, I have seen people complain that this is unreasonable and they slam a game without tweaking sliders to adapt to their style or skill. They scream a good game shouldn't have to. Thinking that 4 levels of difficulty and not having to adjust sliders will cover all gamer's skill sets is purely ignorant or just plain lazy. Now, if sliders cannot fix or reduce a major flaw then I can agree with them.

Also, we have the ones who complain about the slightly off colored uniforms, Little Joey is missing the arm band, the cannon is facing South not North, the hot chick who sits in the 3rd row is missing, etc... These people are probably younger and never played Pong and cannot appreciate how far graphics have come and so therefore look for any little detail error.

Yes, it can get frustrating when something works or is a nice feature in one year and then just mysteriously is omitted or becomes broken. This is what I find frustrating.

Lastly, I think some are irritated with EA's progression on the next-gen consoles. Many feel that they are not producing features from old-gen fast enough and therefore have no tolerance for any flaws. Paying $60 for a game each year and feeling like it was a minor upgrade and in no way warranted full selling price has definitely peeved a few. I can understand this frustration.

Hey, as I think about it, people here sound like Eagles (Philly) fans. Even when they're good they are not good enough. Passionate yet critical!
Old 02-17-2009, 02:09 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I dont think people are being overly critical. Most of the gripes about the game are true.

Alot of the gripes almost make the game unplayable, you really have to put limits on yourself in order to make the game playable.

Old 02-17-2009, 02:48 PM   #8
Banned

MtneerManiac's Arena

OVR: 6

Negativity is good for the game. It pushes the producers to make their game even better.

There's a lot of things I love about the game, but there's many things I hate. I choose to harp on the things I hate in the hope that negativity about that will get the problem noticed, and then fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »