Home

Online Ranked games are unplayable

This is a discussion on Online Ranked games are unplayable within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2009, 12:08 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Online Ranked games are unplayable

I sold NCAA a long time ago because I couldnt take beating the cp to a pulp with a sucky team anymore/no matter what you really did on defense it didnt make that big of a difference.

I have had OD where I took memphis and played against FL(cp) first year and because they ran man to man here and there I was almost able to beat them with the big play. They were the only team that beat me.

The slant route works 9/10 times with your eyes closed regaurdless of what coverage. Any player can play TE it really is a joke. RBs are open all the time. Really like I said before, it didnt really matter what you did on D becuase you could easily turn to these money plays and beat almost any team. If you saw man to man coverage it was almost a TD every time if you set your routes correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2009, 02:35 PM   #26
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
I sold NCAA a long time ago because I couldnt take beating the cp to a pulp with a sucky team anymore/no matter what you really did on defense it didnt make that big of a difference.

I have had OD where I took memphis and played against FL(cp) first year and because they ran man to man here and there I was almost able to beat them with the big play. They were the only team that beat me.

The slant route works 9/10 times with your eyes closed regaurdless of what coverage. Any player can play TE it really is a joke. RBs are open all the time. Really like I said before, it didnt really matter what you did on D becuase you could easily turn to these money plays and beat almost any team. If you saw man to man coverage it was almost a TD every time if you set your routes correctly.
So you sold NCAA a long time ago, yet you're 100% sure man coverage is useless.... ok. The slant works 90% of the time... come on man. If someone wants to throw slants on me most of the game, I'll let them complete 7 out of 10 because 1-2 of those are going to be INTs.

I guess it's down to rhombic to prove to me that man is truly useless.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:46 PM   #27
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

When do you want to play? What teams do you feel would be fair to use in order to demonstrate the argument?
Old 02-28-2009, 05:53 PM   #28
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
When do you want to play? What teams do you feel would be fair to use in order to demonstrate the argument?
Any team is "fair", but obviously teams who are 3-4 deep with fast WR's, a fast HB, and a fast TE are the toughest teams to defend out of man. When I play Florida, for example, I'll use less man than against any other team I've played. Same against LSU since I have to overcompensate for Holiday out of certain formations.

I sent you a friend invite on XBL, so pick a team and I'll find a similar OVR team.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:03 PM   #29
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Any team is "fair", but obviously teams who are 3-4 deep with fast WR's, a fast HB, and a fast TE are the toughest teams to defend out of man. When I play Florida, for example, I'll use less man than against any other team I've played. Same against LSU since I have to overcompensate for Holiday out of certain formations.

I sent you a friend invite on XBL, so pick a team and I'll find a similar OVR team.
But part of the argument is that people online only use teams with elite speed on offense (Ohio State, Florida, Florida State, etc...)
Old 02-28-2009, 07:21 PM   #30
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

Final game stats:

42 points
Total Offense: 377 Yards
Passing Offense: 14-18 285 Yards 0 INT 4 TD

And I used Tennessee, which doesn't even have that great speed.

I can post the video if you want.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:24 PM   #31
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
Final game stats:

42 points
Total Offense: 377 Yards
Passing Offense: 14-18 0 INT 4 TD

And I used Tennessee, which doesn't even have that great speed.

I can post the video if you want.
I ran man every play of the game, so you clearly proved that you can beat it. Now that leads to the next two questions..

1. Can most online gamers beat it?
2. Would you have the same success against a mixture of man and zone as I normally use it.

Most of the successful routes you had were single coverage "go" routes with a speed advantage, so you played it smart. Most gamers don't see those mismatches 50% of the time.

Good game, really impressed with some of the looks you gave vs man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2009, 07:30 PM   #32
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

We can play again anytime. Honestly, Tennessee isn't even the best team to use to illustrate the point though, because they have almost no speed on offense. I primarily play with them because of their defense. My point was to show that you aren't going to be able to play man to man and consistently stop people. And I wasn't even replicating the kind of "cheese" stuff that you'd see against Ohio State or Florida when people go 4 and 5 wide and scramble around.

As far as the blitz setups go, everything that I ran has been posted on www.ncaaplaybook.com

Again, I will agree that are situations when man to man can work, but it's extremely limited and will only be successful as a change of pace. If you call man to man against most people online on more than 1/4 of the downs, you are not going to be successful on defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »