Home

Solved: Games counting twice in Online Dynasty

This is a discussion on Solved: Games counting twice in Online Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2009, 06:27 PM   #9
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Solved: Games counting twice in Online Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschwendt
Is this in anyway related to the bug of the wrong results being stored? For example, I beat a fellow user in an OD game... after the commissioner advanced to the next week, it showed me with the loss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
No. That is a bug we fixed a long time ago I thought. Does this still happen?
it still happens. also happens against CPU teams as well.

I think it works out best if no one saves the dynasty file to their hard drives. a lot less problems occur. although the commish is the important one.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:26 PM   #10
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I think it works out best if no one saves the dynasty file to their hard drives. a lot less problems occur. although the commish is the important one.
Agreed. Not to mention, I've never seen a legit reason for normal dynasty members to save offline. The only things you can do offline are things I generally consider to be cheating. Maybe I'm wrong and there's some reason, but I've yet to think of it.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:58 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Agreed. Not to mention, I've never seen a legit reason for normal dynasty members to save offline. The only things you can do offline are things I generally consider to be cheating. Maybe I'm wrong and there's some reason, but I've yet to think of it.
Saving offline is one of the only workarounds to the players leaving glitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2009, 08:53 AM   #12
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
There are several reasons to save offline. Online Dynasty has a lot of glitches and you have to save offline if you want to keep your dynasty going. I can think of 2 times right off the top of my head where saving offline stopped us from having a serious problem.

1. We advanced and people's results were all messed up. Some people had losses that had won and so forth. We just loaded the saved offline dynasty and did the week over.

2. We were in the offseason and when we advanced to the next week of recruiting, it skipped right through to position changes and bypassed the last 3-4 weeks of offseason recruiting.

If you've been lucky enough not to have any problems like these, congratulations, but I would start saving my od offline every week if I were you. It could happen and you should wanna make sure you're prepared.

Last edited by splff3000; 02-21-2009 at 08:55 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #13
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

yeah sad thing is we had all figured this out. Speaks more to the hardcore nature of the online dynasty people than any lack of skill by the testers...
Old 02-21-2009, 10:51 AM   #14
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
There are several reasons to save offline. Online Dynasty has a lot of glitches and you have to save offline if you want to keep your dynasty going. I can think of 2 times right off the top of my head where saving offline stopped us from having a serious problem.

1. We advanced and people's results were all messed up. Some people had losses that had won and so forth. We just loaded the saved offline dynasty and did the week over.

2. We were in the offseason and when we advanced to the next week of recruiting, it skipped right through to position changes and bypassed the last 3-4 weeks of offseason recruiting.

If you've been lucky enough not to have any problems like these, congratulations, but I would start saving my od offline every week if I were you. It could happen and you should wanna make sure you're prepared.
saving it offline and saving the backup that the OD loads automatically the next time you log in are two different animals. IIRC the auto backup save is the one that causes problems. Saving backup files is fine.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:11 AM   #15
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000

These are still only required by the commissioner though, correct?

I'm speaking about saving offline for non-commish members of an OD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2009, 12:05 PM   #16
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
saving it offline and saving the backup that the OD loads automatically the next time you log in are two different animals. IIRC the auto backup save is the one that causes problems. Saving backup files is fine.
oh I know this. That's why I tell everyone not to save when it asks you to. I was just responding to the comment about saving offline. I figured if someone isn't saving offline and they're the commish, they are asking for trouble. Just wanted to share my experiences to all, so they don't make the "mistake" of not saving offline.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »