Home

Old 02-23-2009, 08:01 AM   #9
Pro

Bruin26's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
Not only that, but the ratings should change when you switch defenses. A 4-3 DE rated 87 overall with 88 acc and 89 speed but only 67 strength should not be an 87 DE in a 3-4 or 3-3-5 scheme. They should also have multiple or secondary/primary positions for players. This would especially help when you translate them to Madden. You see it all the time a DE in a 4-3 scheme in college will be a DE/OLB in the draft, but when you translate them to Madden and try to move them from a DE to a pass rushing 3-4 OLB their rating drops 15 points or so. I also hate when ratings, such as speed, strength, jump, acc, etc, etc change when you change positions or upload them into Madden. Those attributes should never change, except when they are starting to age.
I think about this when playing Madden as well in a way, but also think this may be too much to ask for in a video game. Not like other more simple aspects of the game are perfect, so find it hard to believe they would ever get to changing ratings if you put players in a different defense.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:25 AM   #10
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
Not only that, but the ratings should change when you switch defenses. A 4-3 DE rated 87 overall with 88 acc and 89 speed but only 67 strength should not be an 87 DE in a 3-4 or 3-3-5 scheme. They should also have multiple or secondary/primary positions for players. This would especially help when you translate them to Madden. You see it all the time a DE in a 4-3 scheme in college will be a DE/OLB in the draft, but when you translate them to Madden and try to move them from a DE to a pass rushing 3-4 OLB their rating drops 15 points or so. I also hate when ratings, such as speed, strength, jump, acc, etc, etc change when you change positions or upload them into Madden. Those attributes should never change, except when they are starting to age.
Agree 10000%
Old 02-23-2009, 10:01 AM   #11
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9

I think the initial reason for ratings drops from position to position was in an attempt to keep people from exploiting the positions. However, it kind of defeats the purpose. God forbid I want to convert a "Blocking TE" to a FB and keep his Blocking rate and speed.

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »