Home

Could EA be more wrong with their ratings?

This is a discussion on Could EA be more wrong with their ratings? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2009, 01:19 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Could EA be more wrong with their ratings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxattax3
if Adrian Peterson was drafted by the cowboys straight out of high school he would have been the fastest player on their team. What does this have to do with post? Absolutely nothing.
A.D. isnt faster than Terrence Newman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2009, 01:26 PM   #26
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexdawg
I remember they said Pat White ran a 4.3 out of high school. Never trust a high school 40 time. There are dudes out there holding stopwatches while the combine has the state-of-the-art equipment to measure 40 times
How many times during a game does the player actually, from start to finish, run straight ahead? Maybe 1 or possibly twice a game...40-times are overrated period. I'd prefer these ratings be based on how the player is on the field; Fla's Percy was a 99 rating because he looked like a blur on the field. Mizzou's Maclin was like a 95+ because he looked it on the field
Old 02-26-2009, 01:35 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Thats because this game is dumbed down to the point of speed being the only rating that counts. Given that, I would say he was one of the top dual threat QB's so if you have to play twith the 1 rating system. His score is waranted.

Throw out all the other ratings. Speed is basically a RB's overall rating. So yeah I'd say Pat White is deserving of his 93 or whatever.

Do you see how ridiculous this all is.....But its true.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:24 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321
How many times during a game does the player actually, from start to finish, run straight ahead? Maybe 1 or possibly twice a game...40-times are overrated period. I'd prefer these ratings be based on how the player is on the field; Fla's Percy was a 99 rating because he looked like a blur on the field. Mizzou's Maclin was like a 95+ because he looked it on the field
40's arent overrated they are a good for gauging top end speed are they wouldnt make them run it if it didnt help at all. But its not the end all be all of speed there is football speed that is base more on agility and accelaration because like we have all been saying you will almost never travel in a straight line for 40 yards and never out of a track stance.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #29
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Pat White absolutely deserved his 90 speed rating. Anyone whose watched him play knows that. And 40 times aren't everything. There are a lot of guys who are blazing fast with no pads, but you put pads on them and they're moving in quick sand.

Pat White was great because he never lost speed, even when changing direction his was back to a full sprint in 2-3 seconds. He was a nightmare to watch in college if you were playing him.

The OP sounds like a Florida homer through and through.

And I don't know who said Grothe is an 85 speed, but you've got to be kidding me. The kid is no more mobile than Brian Brohm, but because he is known for scrambling people have him pegged as some incredibly versatile QB.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #30
Rookie

[quote=And I don't know who said Grothe is an 85 speed, but you've got to be kidding me. The kid is no more mobile than Brian Brohm, but because he is known for scrambling people have him pegged as some incredibly versatile QB.[/quote]

It was me And you out your mind if you think Brian Brohm is equal with Matt Grothe your crazy that white boy got some wheels!
Old 02-26-2009, 06:46 PM   #31
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexdawg
It was me And you out your mind if you think Brian Brohm is equal with Matt Grothe your crazy that white boy got some wheels!
He has never had wheels anytime I've watched him. I was at the USF @ Louisville game this year, and I still can't believe people consider him a mobile QB. He's no statue in the pocket, that's for sure, but he isn't a mobile QB no matter how you slice it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2009, 07:02 PM   #32
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

I didn't read the whole thread, but to me the notion that 90 speed is way too high for a guy that runs a 4.5 40 is silly. 4.5 is pretty darn fast. If Pat White didn't deserve a 90 speed rating in NCAA, then there shouldn't be more than 1-2 LBs in NCAA with a 90+ speed rating. It's rare to see anyone other than WRs/DBs/RBs run a 4.5 at the combine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »