Home

Making dynasty RPG-like

This is a discussion on Making dynasty RPG-like within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2009, 12:03 PM   #9
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Making dynasty RPG-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cane_Mutiny
I always play this way, starting with a 1-star school and then working my way up (usually to Miami). But if this were actually put into the game as a feature, it would be much more enjoyable.
Me too. I win a championship then quit and go to the #120 team and do it again.

I think Campus Legend is more suited to an RPG mode. If we were to do something like this with Dynasty, we'd want to make it a seperate mode because Dynasty is the core feature of the game, and you don't wanna mess that up.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:18 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

I think Campus Legend is more suited to an RPG mode. If we were to do something like this with Dynasty, we'd want to make it a seperate mode because Dynasty is the core feature of the game, and you don't wanna mess that up.
You could always make it an optional feature in Dynasty Mode. Just like in NHL 09 when you start a new Franchise and you choose Fantasy Draft On/Off, how many games, etc. In this case, it would be a Dynasty-opening choice of "RPG Mode" (obviously just a theoretical title) On/Off. Off, everything goes as usual. On, the various features it would entail would be added. I think it'd be a neat touch.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:55 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 26

recruiting in ncaa is really half the game for me. I spend the other half either simming seasons or playing them. I love to see players grow and then import them to madden where i can see how they perform there.

I hope ncaa takes the same path that madden is doing and has stat upgrades during the season(big boosts and cutdowns) at least thats what ive heard around the water cooler(i cant find the thread where the dev. bring it up)

As much as id love to see a head coach type get introduced into ncaa and madden i would much rather have those two games fixed and running like well oiled machines.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 02:00 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I agree, Dynasty should remain a player-involved mode. But that doesn't mean there can't be a coach mode similar to Campus Legend. (Coaching Legend anyone?)

It could even start out in the HS playoffs and then have the coach offered a chance to coach at a div-2 or 1 star or 2 star school depending on how well they do in the playoffs. The different schools could have different goals -- like a 1 or 2 star team would have the goal of making it to a bowl game two years in a row at which point you are offered a chance to coach a 3-4 star team. Those teams want to make it to a BCS bowl and, if successful, you can go to a 4-5 star team.

(Obviously, with the choice of staying at your current team when being offered a new job. )

I've always thought a game centered around coaching where you start out as a high school coach that must install a middle school to high school 'program' to 'build' athletes, then move to college where recruiting is the emphasis, and finally to the NFL would be ultra cool. Moving from a HS coach to a college coordinator then a college coach then a NFL coordinator, etc. And the route you take (offense/ defense) would have a major effect on your stats when you finally become an NFL coach.

Anyways, that's a whole 'nother game, but it would be interesting.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:16 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 38

does anybody play cl anymore? Like owner mode in madden ncaa needs a ad mode
Old 02-24-2009, 04:03 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

You wouldnt mess it up. Plus sometimes you got to take chances.. Alot of people play this way if you leave it as an optional its a win- win.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:17 PM   #15
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

wouldn't this just be like College hoops 2k8, where you have the choice to do a career legacy or an open legacy. In career they give you a choice of terrible schools to pick from and after the first year you can't go anywhere no matter what. But from year 2 on you get job offers. I like the idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2009, 04:24 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

Yes! do that, the other mode you talked about. Do it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »