Home

Some recruiting questions

This is a discussion on Some recruiting questions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2009, 09:00 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Some recruiting questions

I know that there is a long thread about this but I just had a couple questions about recruiting. I use Ohio State as my dynasty. I am in my 2nd season. I simmed the 1st season went undefeated and won the national championship. I had a lot of 5 star recruits that wanted to come to my school about 10 I would say and quite abit of 4 stars. Here are my questions?

1) Is it best to schedule visits early in the season, late in the season, or against a big rival?
2) Do you quick call, if so how many minutes do you use on a certain player.
3) How come when I quick call, the pitches it uses the player says most and very high on a certain subject but the next week I go down in his interest?
4) Do you offer scholerships right away or wait later in the season or does it depend on the player?

I just have a hard time getting 5 star recruits to sign in the season. I've only had a couple of instances where I offered a guy a scholarship and he accepted right away. Any help would be great!!

Thanks, Jon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Some recruiting questions

1) Is it best to schedule visits early in the season, late in the season, or against a big rival?
All depends on the interest meter for each individual player. I try to make it such that I can get the meter full after the visit and get a hard commit. Rival and conference games always get the highest visit ratings.
I rarely quick call, except to offer scholarships to players lower on my board when don't have much time.
3) How come when I quick call, the pitches it uses the player says most and very high on a certain subject but the next week I go down in his interest?
You might just be unlocking them and not hard pitching them.
4) Do you offer scholerships right away or wait later in the season or does it depend on the player?
Always, always offer anyone who has you as their number 1 right away. I typically offer everyone in my top 15 in my first week, but people have differing strategies on this.

I'd consider myself a decent recruiter. I landed the number 2 class in th Coast2Coast online dynasty as Michigan, and always land the #1 class against the CPU when I'm any 5 or 6 star team.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:22 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have another quick question which I think might be a glitch in recruiting.

I had a player on a board and I offered him a scholarship and had him in for a visit. I then didn't think I'd get him so I removed him from my board.

The next week I got a good amount of hard commits so I decided I'd make a hard run at this guy. I am #1 with a soft commit right now, after he visited the 2nd time, but I swear to god he is not going to commit to me. I have seen this happy once before, and I'm not sure if there is anything I can do to make him hard commit.

I was #1 with a soft commit and offered him and he said something like "Yeah right, you'll have to get lucky to get me, coach" (paraphrased horribly).

Any help would be appreciated!?
Old 02-23-2009, 11:27 PM   #4
Pro

also, does it matter where you have the prospect ranked on your board. like the # 1 qb i had rated down in my top ten and he went to a different school. if i had him ranked #1 would it have matter? thanks
Old 02-24-2009, 01:50 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
All depends on the interest meter for each individual player. I try to make it such that I can get the meter full after the visit and get a hard commit. Rival and conference games always get the highest visit ratings.
I rarely quick call, except to offer scholarships to players lower on my board when don't have much time.
You might just be unlocking them and not hard pitching them.
Always, always offer anyone who has you as their number 1 right away. I typically offer everyone in my top 15 in my first week, but people have differing strategies on this.

I'd consider myself a decent recruiter. I landed the number 2 class in th Coast2Coast online dynasty as Michigan, and always land the #1 class against the CPU when I'm any 5 or 6 star team.
WOW! You just changed my whole philosophy on recruiting. I'm gonna move away from doing 20-25 guys on the board to around 16-18 so I can user call instead of quick call to get better recruits faster. Thanks, bro.

Now I can finally get the "Mr. February" Achievement. no homo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 01:54 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox1994
WOW! You just changed my whole philosophy on recruiting. I'm gonna move away from doing 20-25 guys on the board to around 16-18 so I can user call instead of quick call to get better recruits faster. Thanks, bro.

Quick call in my opinion can be a bit wild but is the most effective use of time. At least for me when I recruit. But I'm a small 1 star school so I need a bigger amount of 2 star and 3 star recruits to build some depth before my school progresses higher.

You really should take some time and read that other thread. There are tons of good tips in it.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:28 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

1. Earliest as possible versus the best in conference or rival team.
2. No.
3. No.
4. First week to build interest
Old 02-24-2009, 08:25 PM   #8
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox1994

Haha you're welcome my man. Glad to hear I could help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »