Home

Good or no good?

This is a discussion on Good or no good? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2009, 07:02 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 21
Good or no good?

Background,
In my Online Dynasty, of 4 users, I am the commish and we have all agreed to ban the qb sneak play.

Now I am Colorado in the 2nd year and I am going up against USC another human player, now it is a severe struggle for me to stay in this game and its the start of the 4th quarter and I am down 9-10 and have the ball on the 3 and its 4th and 1, so I decide to kick the FG and play on, so I kick the FG and it freaking hits the upright and I miss it.

A few drives later the clock is down to 2 minutes and I have 1 timeout left and USC is driving, he gets to a 3rd and inches so I call timeout and the next play USC does a FB dive (which I consider cheesy but not cheese persay, only b/c it is stoppable) and I stop the FB to a 4th and 1, so he lines up in goal line formation and does a QB sneak (on his on 40yd line) and of course he gets the 1st down. Now I am irate that he did this and I am telling him over the mic that this is some bull****, but he keeps saying that I have to do what I have to do to win, and they would've done it IRL, and I am still trying to make the point that we have all agreed to ban that play, and it just words vs words at this point!

So OS is this acceptable or not? Should I reset the score and play again, or should I let it slide?

Now FYI I am 11th in the BCS and he is 10th, I am 9-1 with a loss to Texas (62-20) and he is 8-1 with a loss to Arizona.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2009, 07:18 PM   #2
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Good or no good?

Banning stuff is always sketchy because of things like this, having rules is one thing and enforcing them is another.

That said, if you had all agreed to ban the play, and he ran it, you have a legitimate gripe. You have every reason to expect that that play was not coming. It sounds to me like a reset is appropriate. I would not be very excited to play the rematch over something like this though (from either side).

Did you save the replay of the illegal play?
Old 02-25-2009, 07:20 PM   #3
Rookie

dex26-'s Arena

OVR: 4

The qb sneak is just as stoppable as the fb dive. Imo they are the same.

I've stopped the QB sneak out of the quarters a few times. But i can consistantly stop it out of the 425. You pick a middle blitz, your dts take on the guards, the mlb takes on the center and your other backer shoots through. Doesn't work all the time but i've stopped my fair share.

If you are going to ban the qb sneak you might as well ban the option. Getting 1 yard is just as easy with the option. Just do a quick option and make your qb cut up the b gap or up field as soon as you see a hole for a easy yard or 2. Heck just dive for the yard between the linemen.

Instead of banning the qb sneak play just ban the players from going for it on 4th and no matter unless you are behind in the 4th qtr.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:23 PM   #4
Banned

Didn't need to as all the users of the dynasty happened to be on and we were all in a party so everyone knew when it happened and the outcome.

And no I did not see it coming! I saw maybe a FB dive at most... but a punt at that point seemed more reasonable.

I mean c'mon I have 9 points in a 8 minute quarter game with 1 minute and change and your going to be worried about my offensive abilities when you have ****ing USC and a 99 defense compared to my 77 offense!!! I have 9 points now I can see if it was 45-42 or some **** but damn he could've atleast punted and played defense, I would of had about 60 yds to go to get in FG range, and I had already missed one field goal in ****ing extra point range.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:29 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex26-
The qb sneak is just as stoppable as the fb dive. Imo they are the same.

I've stopped the QB sneak out of the quarters a few times. But i can consistantly stop it out of the 425. You pick a middle blitz, your dts take on the guards, the mlb takes on the center and your other backer shoots through. Doesn't work all the time but i've stopped my fair share.

If you are going to ban the qb sneak you might as well ban the option. Getting 1 yard is just as easy with the option. Just do a quick option and make your qb cut up the b gap or up field as soon as you see a hole for a easy yard or 2. Heck just dive for the yard between the linemen.

Instead of banning the qb sneak play just ban the players from going for it on 4th and no matter unless you are behind in the 4th qtr.

Yes I understand that it is stoppable once in a 100 times... but even in your own words and i quote "I've stopped the QB sneak out of the quarters a few times. But i can consistantly stop it out of the 425." Now its easier to stop when you know its coming and you call the right defense. I didn't have the 4-2-5 playbook nor did I select a nickel defense at that time.

And yes I understand that you can just do an option play and get the same results but the difference is that when you do an option play the chances of you actually getting a first down are reduced compared to the qb sneak out of the goal line formation.... the blocking in that formation is automatic 1 yd atleast. Now in I formation the blockers can actually miss or something could happen.

And yes maybe we should look into not going for it on 4th unless your losing in the 4th but we try to keep it as open as possible having too many rules can be worse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2009, 07:42 PM   #6
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

actually if you guys are straight players anyway then rules are ok.

here is ours.

4th Down-you can go for it on 4th down in your own territory only if its inches to go. if you cross the 50 you can do whatever whenever. you can run fake punts at anytime anywhere any down and distance.

as far as qb sneaks and this only applies on heisman but i stop it about 80% of the time. no lie always run the same play. dont remember name but its gap fire i think. its man d in goalline where the mlb is blitzing. pinch dline and then send them wide. you can attack either gap and it will be wide open. i mostly win this battle because they go left. it looks more open and i run across the back of the nose tackle and crush. use hit stick so you dont go backwards. this play is automatic on AA though. also pretty much any playaction will kill the d i said works.

i like the rule of no qb sneaks though. might have to add that one. we have alot of recruiting and sub and position change rules but that is what has kept our dynasty pretty balanced and not a speed fest.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:45 PM   #7
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

This may interest one of you fellaz
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...360-users.html

Old 02-26-2009, 04:09 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia51
Background,
In my Online Dynasty, of 4 users, I am the commish and we have all agreed to ban the qb sneak play.

Now I am Colorado in the 2nd year and I am going up against USC another human player, now it is a severe struggle for me to stay in this game and its the start of the 4th quarter and I am down 9-10 and have the ball on the 3 and its 4th and 1, so I decide to kick the FG and play on, so I kick the FG and it freaking hits the upright and I miss it.

A few drives later the clock is down to 2 minutes and I have 1 timeout left and USC is driving, he gets to a 3rd and inches so I call timeout and the next play USC does a FB dive (which I consider cheesy but not cheese persay, only b/c it is stoppable) and I stop the FB to a 4th and 1, so he lines up in goal line formation and does a QB sneak (on his on 40yd line) and of course he gets the 1st down. Now I am irate that he did this and I am telling him over the mic that this is some bull****, but he keeps saying that I have to do what I have to do to win, and they would've done it IRL, and I am still trying to make the point that we have all agreed to ban that play, and it just words vs words at this point!

So OS is this acceptable or not? Should I reset the score and play again, or should I let it slide?

Now FYI I am 11th in the BCS and he is 10th, I am 9-1 with a loss to Texas (62-20) and he is 8-1 with a loss to Arizona.
If its a rule in your league, then its a rule. Doesn't matter if we use it, like it, etc. Reset the score and the guy will probably quit over it. So you'll have to pick whether its worth the fight for you. I personally would reset it and either reenforce the rule or dump it.

How can you enforce anything if you show you can be ignored on the rule?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »