Home

DYNASTY PROGRESS

This is a discussion on DYNASTY PROGRESS within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
DYNASTY PROGRESS

I've picked NCAA back up, and I forgot how much fun it is. After Madden and NFL HC being the last football games I played, NCAA IMO is a breath of fresh air. That gameplay is just much more fun, and dynamic than Madden. W/ those Jukeman Heisman sliders, and run/pass ratios you really get a great game out of NCAA09.

--------------------------------------------------------------

So onto my dynasty...

I started a new w/ Virginia Tech (Go Hokies!). I wanted to mimic 08 as close as possible. It took a few reloads, but I got a FL/OK NC gm matchup w/ FL winning, and VT made it to the Orange Bowl beating Cincinatti.

Onto the offseason: I brought back 4 players who were headed to the draft: HB Kenny Lewis (94 Ovr), FS Kam Chancellor (98 Ovr), and two starting O-Linemen.

I thought my recruiting class was pretty good.

My big commits were:
4* QB (Pocket Passer)
4* TE (Bal)
4* MLB (Run Stopper)
2 5* CBs (Its so easy to get top-flight corners to come to VT)
4* HB (Power)
4* DE (Bal)
4* DT (Run Stopper)
4* T (Bal)
4* OLB (Coverage)
3 4* WRs (1 ea: Possession, Speed, and Bal)

All in all I had a class of 30 recruits. The rest made up of 3* and 2* prospects: 2 Gs, 1 C, 1 FB, 1 TE, 2 FS, 2 OLB, 2 WRs, 2 CBs, 2 DTs, 1 DE, 1 MLB.

My studs out of this class though are one of my 5* CBs (Tommie Harris) who is ranked #5 CB in the nation, and my Balanced 4* WR (Vic Cuttner). Cuttner is an absolute freak - he's 6'4", 220 lbs, 93 spd, 94 acc, RTE 84, Spc Ctch 88, Ctch 84, CIT 82. He reminds me of Calvin Johnson.

Once I got into cutday I had 12 players I needed to cut. I had 12 WRs, and kept only 6. I cut two soph HBs w/o RS eligibility, and 2 low rated QBs/1CB/1TE.

I redshirted who I needed to redshirt, set my depth chart, and went into scheduling 2009.

The schedule was already at an A-, and I decided to beef up even more...

Wk1 was orginally a bye, and then wk 2 was an away gm w/ LSU. Keeping the SEC trend in mind, I decided to schedule a hm gm vs TENN in wk1 vice having a bye; bumping my schedule to an A+ SOS.

Results of that wk 1 gm posted next...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #2
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

Re: DYNASTY PROGRESS

Wk1 #11 Tenn @ #8 VT:

Stopped them on a 3 and out on the 1st possession of the gm. Then I moved the ball a little, but turned it over on a momentum killing INT. TENN was able to sustain their next drive, score a TD, and then on the ensuing kickoff my returner fumbled the ball which led to a TENN FG; TENN up 14-0.

It was back and forth w/ no scoring until I was able to score a TD late in the 2nd qtr. Which gave TENN the ball back w/ a 1:05 left in the half. They were then able to get the ball downfield for a FG to take it into the half up 20-7.

2nd half I got the ball to start, and went 3 and out. Held TENN to a FG in the 3rd, but didn't score at all that qtr; TENN 23-7. In the 4th w/ about 6:00 left (8:00 min qtr) I was able to score 2 TDs w/ two 2pt conversions to tie it up 23-23. However, TENN would take the ball downfield w/ precision passing and take the lead 30-23. Got the ball back w/ about 3:00 min left, but stalled out on the TENN 30 turning it over on downs - I had only one TO and Tyrod Taylor was fatigued like crazy. I needed him to make some plays w/ his legs, but just couldn't get it done.

Final: #11 Tenn 30 - #8 VT 23

I dropped to #15 after the loss.

Taylor was my leading rusher w/ 11 att. for 54 yards. None of my other HBs were effective.

Tyrod finished w/ 58% compt. % for 254 yards, 2 TDs & 2 INTs.

Loved the play of my freshman 4* WR Vic Cuttner (the Calvin Johnson 2nd coming). He's holding down the slot receiver position for me, and finished w/ 5 catches for 74 yards and TD.

#5 LSU is next, and its a road game...
Old 02-26-2009, 01:50 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

I had a Dynasty With Michigan State. I played them until 2016. I Had all winning seasons except for one season when i went 4-8. My last season i went undefeated and beat #2 Boise St in the National Champion Ship game. Ive only gotten their one before and i lost to Florida St 24-6. Im going to start a new Dynasty this season with a one star team.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:08 PM   #4
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardon
I had a Dynasty With Michigan State. I played them until 2016. I Had all winning seasons except for one season when i went 4-8. My last season i went undefeated and beat #2 Boise St in the National Champion Ship game. Ive only gotten their one before and i lost to Florida St 24-6. Im going to start a new Dynasty this season with a one star team.
The last couple of years I'd run w/ ECU or a 1* team to rebuild, get a BCS invite, and become a powerhouse program but...

1 - The conf. invite banner bug killed me - Thats the one where if say you're ECU and move to the SEC your hm field will still display a CUSA banner on the field.

2 - The yr to yr project of taking some crappy program, and turning it into cinderella got old for me - and using a cupcake team I'd play the first couple seasons struggling or playing in some miniscule bowl gm making it take longer to get to the promise land and unlock all of those achievements for winning the NC gm or Mr. Feb.

w/ 09 (and 10 and beyond) I'm going to run w/ the Hokies, and just see how many chips I can win throughout a dynasty.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 9

On your first point about the conference invite banner, isn't it like that for every school no matter what conference you move to?

I'm like fifteen years into a dynasty I started with Buffalo, I went undefeated three times-once in the MAC and twice in the ACC. (It was four years in the MAC and eleven years in the ACC) I won the championship once in the ACC and I won two Orange Bowls...

Anyway, I think they should work on the BCS formula and how many teams go undefeated and there should be a thing where you develop rivalries. In the ACC, it seems like me and UNC have a rivalry, with us ruining each other's undefeated seasons year-after-year and stuff like that. And I've played (and beat) FSU in every ACC championship (3 or 4) that I've participated in.

Anyway, I just moved to LSU after my two-year extention expired at the end of my like 15 years. Just telling you a bunch of crap you probably don't care about. lol. Good luck with this. I'll be watching.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2009, 03:47 PM   #6
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox1994
On your first point about the conference invite banner, isn't it like that for every school no matter what conference you move to?
Yea it is...its the broken part about the whole invite conf. invite process. I remember prior to release of 09 one of the devs giving me an answer about it. It basically wasn't a good one, as he said they were aware of it, but due to coding issues it was extremely hard to patch...possibly fix. He said they might fix it for 10, but not to keep my hopes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox1994
I'm like fifteen years into a dynasty I started with Buffalo, I went undefeated three times-once in the MAC and twice in the ACC. (It was four years in the MAC and eleven years in the ACC) I won the championship once in the ACC and I won two Orange Bowls...

Anyway, I think they should work on the BCS formula and how many teams go undefeated and there should be a thing where you develop rivalries. In the ACC, it seems like me and UNC have a rivalry, with us ruining each other's undefeated seasons year-after-year and stuff like that. And I've played (and beat) FSU in every ACC championship (3 or 4) that I've participated in.

Anyway, I just moved to LSU after my two-year extention expired at the end of my like 15 years. Just telling you a bunch of crap you probably don't care about. lol. Good luck with this. I'll be watching.
I thought there was a dynamic rivalry effect? I could've sworn my rivalry list grew once taking on ECU, and then getting invited to the SEC and having rivals from that conf.

If I'm just fabricating that, and mistaking it for something else, and its really not in the game then I agree...it should be.

I love to hear about others experiences and progress in their dynasty...keep it coming.

So how many Heisman trophy winners have you had? Seen any defensive winners crack the list?
Old 02-27-2009, 10:14 AM   #7
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

Played wks 2 and 3 of my 2009 Va Tech dynasty last night.

Wk2 matchup #15 VT @ #14 LSU

After a tough loss to open the season (@ hm) against #11 TENN it was onto the bayou w/ a matchup w/ LSU in wk2.

This game was locked in a defensive battle the 1st half. I rec'd to start the game took the ball downfield, but stalled out in the redzone and had to settle for a FG.

Fast forward to the 2nd qtr, and LSU is on the board after a FR for a TD and their up 7-3. My offense answered back though and secured the ball on my next possession for a Tyrod Taylor TD pass.

On LSUs next possession they getting intercepted, and I take it for a pic 6 - my 1st of the season. The 1st half would end w/ me up 17-7.

I would hold LSU to a FG in the 3rd Qtr while scoring on an 80 yd TD pass to my true freshman WR (Vic Hunter), and also getting a FG to take a 17 pt lead heading into the 4th Qtr...

LSU wouldn't go down w/o a fight though, as over the course of the 4th the tie the game up. Looking back I made some way too aggressive play calls on 3rd dwns, and couldn't get off the field. LSU also got a TD because Tyrod Taylor threw his 2nd INT of the gm (4 on the season), and gave LSU a short field to operate w/ that allowed their run game to put a TD on the board.

I was still up 27-24 w/ 3:50 left to play, but after a 3 and out on a QB sack and two minimal gains on the ground LSU had the ball w/ 2:30 left.

After the punt LSU gets two quick first downs on passing plays, and I'm thinking that I'm about to go 0-2 after blowing a 17pt lead w/ a qtr left to play.

BUT...my D manages to stop them at my 39 yd line after a HUGE sack on 3rd dwn which pushes them back making a 56 yd FG unlikely right?

WRONG. LSUs kicker nails it throught the uprights from 56 yards. I was like "NOOOOO Way!!!" ... I quickly paused the game to check this kickers KCK PWR rating. Much to my surprise it was actually a 90 so I lumped up to him having a boot (because the FG PWR slider is at 0).

So there is 00:45 seconds left, the gm is tied 27-27, and I get the ball to the 35 after the kickoff.

I got 2 timeouts...Its shotgun all the way from here...

Sure enough my O rises to the occasion, and once again its my true freshmen, WR Vic Hunter, making the play.

In the Shotgun slot flex - 3 WR form. sub, Tyrod connected w/ Vic Hunter over the middle who found a seam, and scored on a 43 TD pass.

Hunter on the day: 7 catches 158 yard 2 TDs (1 80 yd TD, 1 43 yd TD).

LSU gets the ball back w/ 00:12 seconds, but it was game over...VT wins after a HUGE comeback by LSU to beat LSU at hm 34-27.

I improve from #14 to #13.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »