Home

NCAA Football 10 Blog: It's in the Details

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Blog: It's in the Details within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2009, 08:44 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryrice4949
I appreciate the information but am a little underwhelmed so far. I know a lot of people wanted custom end zones and auto throw but I would much rather have features like FCS teams and playable conferences and custom playbooks. I do appreciate EA listening to us and trying to bring some of those things to the game.
it's already been aluded to numerous times there will be no FCS teams this year so forget it and join us in praying for CAS that's our only hope.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2009, 08:46 PM   #42
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
it's already been aluded to numerous times there will be no FCS teams this year so forget it and join us in praying for CAS that's our only hope.
Well, since it is well documented what features have been announced so I don't know where you get this. I know Greg said something at NCAA Strats that was interpreted as this and constantly repeated on the boards... I guess if you say something enough times people will begin to think it is true.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:46 PM   #43
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Excellent! Little things add up to a lot. Great job OMT!

I love the updates and your comment on how we should feel "underwhelmed" at this stage. If that's the case, the next couple of months should be fantastic.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:50 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Well, since it is well documented what features have been announced so I don't know where you get this. I know Greg said something at NCAA Strats that was interpreted as this and constantly repeated on the boards... I guess if you say something enough times people will begin to think it is true.
I appreciate what you're trying to say, but all the devs including you have made references to 120 teams which would rule out the FCS. I'm not trying to be a downer just stating what has been said over and over
Old 02-26-2009, 09:07 PM   #45
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

I think some people are disappointed because Madden announced something big and NCAA announced a small (yet very welcomed) feature; OMT just can't win. Still it's not even March yet, if it were early June when this was announced then the anger would be understandable.

Something of interest to me:

Fortunately, our brilliant graphics engineers created what is called the Texture Compositor. This was originally developed for handling created stadiums and uniforms for Madden. It allows the game to take multiple pieces of art and combine them into one as the game loads.

Out of mild curiosity, if stadiums are now broken into pieces, does that mean we will be able to... I dunno... mix and match those pieces... for... I dunno... maybe created schools? Just wondering.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2009, 09:08 PM   #46
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
I appreciate what you're trying to say, but all the devs including you have made references to 120 teams which would rule out the FCS. I'm not trying to be a downer just stating what has been said over and over
Yeah, there are 120 teams in the game right now. I don't talk about NCAA 10 unless it is something I'm authorized to.

I'm not saying FCS IS in of course, I'm just saying it shouldn't be considered out at this point.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:12 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
I think some people are disappointed because Madden announced something big and NCAA announced a small (yet very welcomed) feature; OMT just can't win. Still it's not even March yet, if it were early June when this was announced then the anger would be understandable.

Something of interest to me:

Fortunately, our brilliant graphics engineers created what is called the Texture Compositor. This was originally developed for handling created stadiums and uniforms for Madden. It allows the game to take multiple pieces of art and combine them into one as the game loads.

Out of mild curiosity, if stadiums are now broken into pieces, does that mean we will be able to... I dunno... mix and match those pieces... for... I dunno... maybe created schools? Just wondering.
Take it one step further.....mixing and matching pieces of art could possibly....i dont know....maybe.....be generalizable to player models as well? So that we might be able to, for instance, i.e. for example have alternate uniforms FINALLY?

Sure, the two models that the art applies to are very different, but I'm actually pretty optimistic that we might get alternate uni's on next-gen.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:13 PM   #48
Rookie

huskeraddict's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA Football 10 Blog: It's in the Details

Maybe I didn't post that right

This is EA's version:

This is what it should be:

Last edited by huskeraddict; 02-26-2009 at 09:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »