Home

Who does the rosters & ratings anyways?

This is a discussion on Who does the rosters & ratings anyways? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2009, 02:57 PM   #1
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Who does the rosters & ratings anyways?

Every year I purchase NCAA football take it play it to get a feel for it for maybe that day. After that the real works start I am than force the scroll through every last player on every last team and change the ratings of pretty much ever player because whos ever job it is to rate player completely miss. Changing ratings and adjusting sliders are things I dont feel I should have to do before I can play the game. I realize that there a bunch of player in NCAA most of them untested ,but I find myself changing the big named players. And why are they so against making fast QB's fast? In 09 Robert Griffin won the big 12 hurdles in track and field but was in the low 80's if not slower. Maybe EA should have a outside source to help because they arent even in the ball park with 60% of the player in the game(not to mention the ones that isnt in the game to begin with). I had to create VaTech whole WR's core so it could be accurate they were so far off it wasnt funny. I stay on rivals.com to view there rosters so i can do the same for my roster. I input so much information into the game i feel i should get some sort of rebate!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2009, 02:58 PM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Who does the rosters & ratings anyways?

I don't know who does it now, I believe someone new is doing them this year.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #3
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I don't know who does it now, I believe someone new is doing them this year.
Thank God!

Not to step on anybody toes but i pay my hard earned dollars for them to do the best they can not just do what they can!

Old 03-08-2009, 03:35 PM   #4
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Thank God!

Not to step on anybody toes but i pay my hard earned dollars for them to do the best they can not just do what they can!
They screwed up speed completely. Mike Wallace from Ole Miss ran the 2nd highest 40 at the combine(WR) yet he was rated at 90 spd but but half of UF was rated faster. Not saying UF isn't fast, because they are, but there is not enough research done, obviously.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:42 PM   #5
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
They screwed up speed completely. Mike Wallace from Ole Miss ran the 2nd highest 40 at the combine(WR) yet he was rated at 90 spd but but half of UF was rated faster. Not saying UF isn't fast, because they are, but there is not enough research done, obviously.
Imma LSU fan so im aware of the SEC. They didnt have Dexter McCluster in the game at all he is a big part of there offense! Another person I was forces to create

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2009, 03:46 PM   #6
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Imma LSU fan so im aware of the SEC. They didnt have Dexter McCluster in the game at all he is a big part of there offense! Another person I was forces to create
I think they had him this year, it was last year he was AWOL. I don't really remember them leaving out anyone other than Trahan this past season but they had a few that hadn't been on the team in a while and just made up someone else from the state of Iowa that no one had ever heard of. LSU should be loaded again. How fast do you think Sheppard will be?
Old 03-08-2009, 03:56 PM   #7
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
I think they had him this year, it was last year he was AWOL. I don't really remember them leaving out anyone other than Trahan this past season but they had a few that hadn't been on the team in a while and just made up someone else from the state of Iowa that no one had ever heard of. LSU should be loaded again. How fast do you think Sheppard will be?
Na number 22 wasnt there last year and this year I had to make him so I know! It depends on where the put him on the game but assuming he stays at QB Shep probaly will be 84. Terrelle Pryor was like 84 so im guessing about the same for Shep.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:47 PM   #8
Rookie

ChiSox05's Arena

OVR: 13

Well you have to remember that there is 1 guy (I believe) doing 120 teams. He are also trying to predict how a lot of players are going to play, so it isnt exactly that easy. It is a lot easier for everyone of us to look at our favorite team and point out mistakes. But imagine having to know everything about 120 teams with 70 players on each team. With that said I would love to see better rosters but with the file share we can get fixes from roster makers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »