Home

Recruiting thought.

This is a discussion on Recruiting thought. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2009, 11:49 PM   #1
Banned

MtneerManiac's Arena

OVR: 6
Recruiting thought.

I was playing NCAA Basketball just now and saw something I liked within this horrible game.

The recruiting is really cool. I was hoping something like the "call" system could be put into place for NCAA. I like all the options you have for recruiting and how you can send them things, and how they respond to what you send them ... for instance, "Hey coach. Thanks for the informational package. Right now I'd say I'm considering West Virginia, Virginia Tech, and Maryland ... in that order. I'm still keeping my options open though." or when they commit, "Hey Coach, I just wanted to let you know that I'll be signing with ... West Virginia! I just knew on my visit that that place was home!" (they could have something like this on "signing day" where each recruit would actually call you and let you know what's up regarding if they're signing or not)

I know NCAA currently has a system "sort of" like that in place, but it's very shallow. I love how the basketball game is set up because it really gives the players a little bit of personality while you're recruiting them IMO. You get reactions to the types of things you choose to do and not the same five generic responses like you get in the football game. (yes I know these things are repeated in the basketball game but they're just so much nicer).

Anyway ... hopefully the recruiting aspect will eventually get some tweaking and additions put in place regarding how you actually recruit. Maybe more of the basketball way. I always liked the point system a lot more than the time system. The time system is really annoying and can be aggravating since it can take so long to do - plus some recruits will just not give you the pitch even after an hour (c'mon, would it REALLY take that long? lol)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2009, 12:03 AM   #2
Rookie

rwk2009's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Recruiting thought.

I would love to have a national signing day instead of say week 3 of recruiting, and up until that point players could have a soft commit, and a verbal commit, but it could all go bad come the signing day. Most verbal commits would send in their LOI, but some would not qualify, or switch to a different school. Would def be interesting.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:07 AM   #3
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

Sounds pretty cool. While it isn't the most pressing issue, recruiting could really use some more depth like you said. They also really need to improve the AI recruiting logic and skill.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 38

Also needs H.S all anericans and elite 11
Old 02-28-2009, 07:15 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I would definetely take these recruiting ideas over fcs teams any day.
NBA-Boston Celtics
MLB-San Diego Padres
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2009, 09:27 PM   #6
Pro

Cane_Mutiny's Arena

OVR: 11

The NCAA Basketball system is okay in the ways that you mentioned, but it's extremely annoying in that you only get a set number of points for an entire season. I like the weekly allotments of time you get in Football - it seems more realistic in that recruiting actually develops throughout the year, and helps me pace myself.

I do like the idea of more unique messages and a signing day kind of deal though. I think the current system with a few influences from NCAA Basketball could work well.

Still, there's many more pressing matters at hand, so I'm okay with not seeing any changes anytime soon.
That a life without knowledge is death in disguise?"
Old 02-28-2009, 11:50 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 37

Other than getting rid of the drafting glitches, I would NOT expect to see any changes with recruiting. This seems to be the year to get a lot of last gen features back in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »